“Everything that shines isn't gold”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This is an old hotel. The room was clean and comfortable but it is not a 4 star hotel. We stayed on the 9 floor which we were told was recently remodeled. All that really meant was they put down new carpet, and curtains. People come here for the casinos not luxury.
I can because my friends said it would be fun even if I didn't gamble. I enjoyed the shopping.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We were at Bally Park Place Atlantic City this weekend. The person who was suppose to clean the room DID NOT.
THERE WAS BLOOD on the sheet of the sheet on the bed. The cleaning supervisor came to the room and took the sheet. He said they have to do an investigation.
Apparantly there is no supervision.
I complained and was given the general hotel manager name John Katapaolis. I called him this morning ( MOnday 12/13) and he had not returned the call
I also want to call corporate HQ, they refused to give me the phone number.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We stayed overnight in AC to do some shoping the next day. We were so excited that Bally's had a great mid-week rate, but boy were we disapoointed when we got there. We did not realize that the Classic rate put you in the old Claridge Hotel, and there is nothing renovated about it. We got off the elevator and the carpets are old, faded and dirty. The room had two double beds that had seen better days, with springs that were poking you in the back. There is no compact fridge as stated on the website. The blow dryer was similar to a vacuum hose( "60's anyone"). We decided to call the front desk to pay for the upgrade to another room. They kept us online for more than 15 mins, so we hung up. It was not worth it at that point. Needless to say we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We just got back from a fantastic stay at Bally's Atlantic City!
I had a comped room (something I've never gotten before) and thought that the hotel would throw me into an old dirty room. Boy was I wrong!!! I had made a few requests upon check-in such as 2 queen beds, non-smoking, and a room that was centrally located since I recentely had knee surgery. To our suprise Loren (our front desk associate) listened to each request and made everything happen and put us in a beautiful new room in the Garden Tower, not a great view as there are only 3 floors with rooms but room was gorgeous! The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! Loren was very helpful and answered every question we had and instead of telling us to go to the customer service desk for our questions he went and got us all the information we had requested. Talk about customer service!!!
There are 2 pools at this location, the spa at Bally's and the Claridge Tower. To use the spa pool is $10 per day per room and The Claridge pool is free. We looked at both of them and it was definately worth it to use the spa pool. The Claridge Tower was very old, dirty, and scary!
Bally's is in the perfect location on the Boardwalk. Right next to Caesars and the Wild Wild West Casino. Take advantage of the Total Rewards Shuttle...This is for guests of the hotel who have a Total Rewards card. It takes you to the Showboat and Harrah's for free!
The only downfall of this trip was that the buffetts weren't open and that a few of the employees had absoultely no personality. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 3, 2010

We planned a first trip to Atlantic City as I just retired. Having played at Harrah's hotels in Las Vegas, I was comped four nights in a premium room. I was nervous that we wouldn't receive what I had reserved, as many of the reviewers said they were downgraded at registration. I called ahead to make sure that I was given what I asked for. My husband is handicapped and I needed to be sure that he would have a short a walk to the the elevator and casino.

Upon arrival, all went perfectly and our room was an ocean front Tower room on the 20th floor with a gorgeous bathroom with granite and tile and a Roman tub. The room was spacious, clean and quiet, However, the furniture was showing signs of wear and tear, as well as the wall paper and lamp shade. But we were very pleased with the room. In addition, I play poker and the room was very close to the poker room.

My main complaint about the facilities was that my husband had no place to sit in the lobby while I stood in line to register. There was plenty of open space but not a seat or bench to be found,. He was in pain and I suggested he find a seat at a slot machine and I would call him on the cell when we were all set, but this shouldn't be necessary. Also on this subject there could be benches on the walkway to the Wild West. He often rested at a slot machine when walking. And since many gamblers are retired, more sensitivity to this issue would be helpful.

Regarding food, 6 a Bistros was closed all week ,which was very disappointing, as I was entertaining a college friend for lunch one day. We ended up going to Caesars to find a more appropriate place to take someone to lunch.

We ate breakfast at Pickles for three mornings. While the food was tasty, the food was served room temperature at best ,and I had to ask for a warm up. two of the days.The eggs became overcooked and the waffle lost its crispiness. I think they just need a little more attention to this issue because the food was otherwise excellent.

We also ate at Arturos.. good but over priced. We tried the buffet at the Wild West. We are not big on buffets but as buffets go, it was good.

My main complaint about the food was there was no snack bar in the casino or near the lobby to grab a cup of coffee and a danish and sit with it for a few minutes. It was too long a walk to the Wild West . How about a Starbucks or a similar snack place.. maybe even some light sandwiches available?

All in all, we came home with the same money we brought and we had a great time! But I hope the management reads this review and addresses the issues I have raised. We hope to come back another time!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Ok so I've been reading all of these negative reviews about Bally's Atlantic City and I actually feel the need to defend this place. I have stayed at Bally's many times in the past and have always had a pleasant stay. People need to understand that Bally's is a 3-star hotel and I feel that this property doesn't pretend to be something it is not. My most recent stay on November 29th was no different. I usually request a room in the Dennis Tower, I don't know I just really like it as do my friends, I just find that it's convenient to the boardwalk and it has a cozy feeling. Rooms have awesome beds, flat screen TV's and are nicely decorated, I especially like to courtyard and ocean views that most rooms offer. Rooms in the other towers are nice too, and they are currently renovating the Claridge Tower and from what I hear the new rooms are very nice. I also enjoy the pool/jacuzzi area at Bally's, it's a great place to relax. I've never had a problem with the staff, they have always been pleasant and helpful. I am a local and visit quite often so please take it from me Bally's is a great choice for a pleasant stay in Atlantic City, but you can't come expecting a 5-star hotel. Like I said before Bally's doesn't pretend to be a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank RBB937
Reviewed December 1, 2010

My girlfriend and I took a 2 night trip to Atlantic City for a quick get away before the holidays. Since I am a member of the Harrah's total rewards program I was able to get rooms at Bally's for $29 a night. After reading some of the reviews I was not sure what to expect as many of the reviews were negative.
It turns out I worried for nothing. We were given a room on the 4th floor of a tower just to the right of the checkin desk. I asked for a room not in the Claridge tower as that was where most of the negative reviews were from. The room was comfortable with a very comfortable bed, 4 chairs and a table, a large dresser with a large flat screen TV on top. The bathroom had a tub/shower combo that was larger than normal and there was a safe in the closet. The only on premises dining was at Johnny rockets but I did check out the menus of the finer dining places and prices were reasonable.
Bally's has a great location at mid-boardwalk and weather was great while we were there. it was near 60 and sunny and we could walk the boardwalk with no problems.
I did my gambling at Caesars Palace so I can't comment on the casino but I did notice more traditional reel-spinning games than most other places. Table minimums were $10 at all times.
I would definitly stay at Bally's again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple