“Online reviews are only as reliable as the people writing them!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Online reviews are only as reliable as the people writing them!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

I was terrified to stay at Bally's after the horrible reviews I'd read on Trip Advisor. My roommate/friend called ahead of time to make sure we weren't in Claridge after the horror stories we read and we weren't, we were in room 876, right by the spa.

The room was tastefully decorated and I immediately pulled back the bedding and examined the mattress and behind the bed for evidence of bedbugs. There was nothing! The bed was comfortable, I slept great, and the shower head was nice, and I have absolutely no complaints about the room or my stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,027)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

I booked a room with double beds. I was taking my mom out for her 65th birthday and we would meet with other family members there. When we got to the room I was STUNNED!
The hotel was under construction at the time but the room we were give overlooked a brick wall. There was a letter on the bed stating that the construction was starting at 7am until 6pm. HELLO! We are here on holidays.....The room was so dusty and that is putting it nicely. We were staying for 5 days. After speaking with the front desk I had to pay $60.00 per night for another room with a broken coffee maker. If a hotel is under construction then please direct travelers to another hotel rather than having them endure this and never returning to your hotel again. However, the location was good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

After a dicey stay at Bally's last July, I decided to give the sprawling complex another try.
I'm glad I did.
Bally's has three hotels, the Dennis "Tower", The Claridge, and its signature, 37 story tall, Park Place Tower.
In July, I was very disappointed to be given a room in the Dennis, not because of the hotel or the rooms themselves which are newly renovated and quite nice, but because my particular room had translucent film on the windows, admitting daylight but no view whatsoever.
This time around Bally's saw fit to give me a room on the top floor of the big tower, facing the ocean and Boardwalk.
What a room and what an incredible view!
The room is true luxury, with a real marble bathroom and quality wallpaper and wood decor.
The widows are designed with a ledge that is the perfect height to rest your feet on while you sit and sip a drink and survey your domain like you own the place.
Ok, I'm being a just a little dramatic. As great as the room was, it smelled a bit of cigarette smoke despite being clearly labeled as a non-smoking room. The bedding was showing its age a bit it in terms of wear, but everything was clean, neat and in working order. Still, all things considered, I really enjoyed staying in a room like this.
Kudos to Bally's.

As always, the casino was great. Friendly dealers, eager to help slot attendents, and an overall sense of newness, without the minor signs of wear and tear often seen in lesser casinos.

I am not a big fan of Buffets, but I decided to try Bally's Virginia City Buffet, mainly because most of the the other casual eateries were closed. I was pleasantly surprised.
The Buffet was laid out in an unusual way, with a number of distinct stations offering specific food types, instead of the standard long table with a mirror at the end. The food was surprisingly good and fresh, although a little bland for my tastes. You won't find a better value anywhere on the Boardwalk though. Show a Harrah's card and you pay about $21 dollars but get a $10 gaming voucher, meaning all you can eat for eleven bucks, soft drinks included.

In conclusion, enjoy what Bally's has to offer; just make sure you get a room with a view if that's important to you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

This place has the worst security and the most elemnets in the city hanging around waiting to rip you off. Twice were we almost robbed our tickets from the machine, when you can find secirity its so blaise that you feel like you are the criminal for being such a fool mto play and stay here. Never again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hatboro, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed at Balley's this past week for a two day conference. I read the hotel guide that they give you in the room and specifically looked into the use of the gym facility. It clearly stated that if you were a hotel guess, the use to the gym weightroom was no charge. However when I got to the gym they charged me $20 to use the facility. Make up your mind Balley's, is there no charge or not. I have stayed at many hotels through the country and this is the first one , who charges for use of the gym. Pathetic
Last their hotel key cards suck. They demagnitize at the drop of a hat and it takes forever to stand back in line and get your card reactivated.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Bloomfield, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

I just returned from a few days in AC. Stayed in Claridge tower which was very smelled like stale cigarettes and only one room was cleaned. The distance we had to walk was too far for the senior citizens I was with. Wish we had a choice or been told which tower we would be in before given the keys. I've stayed in Bally's in Las Vegas and it was beautiful and clean, I was extremely disappointed in AC's version. With all the nicer hotels on the boardwalk, will not be returning to Bally's,.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

I stayed in the Dennis Tower which appeared to be recently remodeled. The room was large with a king-size bed, table and chair and large flat-screen tv. Since it was a comped room, I didn't have a view but that was ok. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo