“Nice Room Great Location But no Vibe”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We were given a room in the Garden tower.It was very nice and clean.Housekeeping was fine.The casino was nice but most of the newer video slots were nowhere to be found.The wild wild west casino which is connected is also nice.One major problem that we had was the lack of breakfest restaurants.There was only one open which caused a long wait.Also the Blue Martini lounge was closed so we went to the Lobby Bar and left after 20 mins unable to get service.

Overall it was nice but kinda boring,No music, no entertainment and no newer slots...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kobefell

Reviewed April 21, 2010

just returned from an overnight stay at Bally's AC. I was a bit concerned after reading some reviews, and worried about getting stuck in the claridge, but ended up have a good experience. We went for a business meeting and were assigned a luxury class room through the convention. Stayed in the Dennis tower overlooking the ocean. Room was nice, clean, not very big, just enough room for a kind sized bed, small sitting area and large screen TV. We had no complaints. Also flew spirit air direct from boston which was great! If you are looking for a discount airline, for a quick easy flight with no frills, this is the one for you.

1  Thank laceylulu122
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My wife was comped this room and made the reservation without reviewing or asking me, her tech and web saavy hubby. Anyhow after she notified me i quickly came here to review and read the 9/10 terrible reviews and I was horrified and did not want to stay there at all. I read reviews of bed bugs, and terrible service and everything bad you can think of and I tried my best to get us out of this hotel but we could not so we intentionally left our home late to try and get there as late as possible to avoid the what seemed to be a doomed stay.

We checked into Ballys around 10pm on Wed. and parking was easy as was check-in. I did tell the lady up front about my hesitations and what i read (on here) and she was very friendly and I dont know if it was our late check-in or my friendliness and apprehension but we were upgraded to a Ballys Junior Suite. The suite was great, it had a roomy living room area with 2 bathrooms and nice sized master bedroom. The living room had nice seating arrangements with a flat panel tv as well as a flat in the bedroom. This room had one large window with maybe 4 little peek-a-boo windows that showed a tiny bit of boardwalk and ocean. We really like this room alot and it felt very cozy and slept well, we didn't hear a peep.

On our comforter we did see a couple specks of hardened crusty blood which was gross and our towels smelled kind of burned rather than fresh but other than that it was a great stay. I did not like the 13$ fee for the wifi internet and the way its handled makes you feel as if just by connecting to their 'landing page' you have already been billed the 13$ fee. It shows Ballys as wifi ready and you connect then it takes you to a BALLYS internet page and says something about 'your room has been billed 13$' and I clicked off but still called down to make sure i wasnt billed and the girl said she gets asked that alot.

We enjoyed roaming around the casino and thought the wild west theme was kind of unique, it seemed mostly older patrons roaming around and us 'youngins' were no where to be found..but then again it was 9am when we were roaming on a Thursday.

As stated after reading those reviews I literally was ready to pay the 229$ to stay at the Borgata but couldn't see spending that for a 10pm check-in with 11am checkout and I am glad i gave Ballys a try. To better describe our room we were in the U shaped part of the Ballys on the boards and I don't remember which tower but we could see the large BALLYS tower which might be the Claridge tower, Im not sure but that tower had the red and white flashing at night and that was directly across from our room.

I cant say these bad reviews dont or wont happen but our stay was great and I would recommend this hotel and the room certainly based on our experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thinkbigger
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I was there with colleagues for a trade show and was very disappointed in the room...it was clean enough but the bed was off its metal frame and I couldn't pull it back on...it was a hazard if you got out of bed half asleep! Plus the dryer on the wall was half hanging off the wall!
The internet connection is a joke and to charge $12.99/day is highway robbery!

There were kids running up and down the halls, knocking on every single door while doing so! When I complained to the front desk, they said that they'd "take care of it," which they did not do, as it obviously continued.

When we checked out, it took the valet service forever to bring us our car, even though we called in advance and it wasn't even busy, making us late getting back to our offices in N Jersey.

I would NEVER recommend anyone to stay here! I had to stay here, due to my trade show being held in the hotel and I was an exhibitor, but for leisure? I *know* that Atlantic City has MUCH better places to stay!!!

1  Thank Shannonmari1
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Went with two co-workers for the Liquor Convention at Borgata but couldn't get a room there so we tried Ballys. Wanted a room in Ballys not the Claridge but they were booked also so we settled on the Claridge. After walking into the rooms (We had 2 side by side) #925 & #926, I thought the rooms were gross and had a musty smell. My first thought was to drive home that night after the Convention cause the room was just not good at all. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been really cleaned in a long time. The room needed some major overhaul but all I needed was a clean bed so I checked the sheets. The sheets and beds looked very clean but I made sure I kept my slippers on and put my bag on the bag rack - not the floor!
Well, I woke up with red bites all over my legs, chest, breasts and back. I was so itchy. I freaked out!!! I went down to front desk to show them. They made me fill out a form and see security. The refunded my money but thats all. They weren't very kind and acted like I did something wrong. I headed to the hospital where I was treated and released. On my way out the Valet working there asked me how my stay was and I told him what happened. He said I was the third person that had to go to the hospital with major bed bug bites that day!!!
I will have scars from these bites and I urge you to never go to this hotel.

2  Thank Kjoyb
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I just stayed in the Dennis Tower at Bally's (comp). The room was clean and well appointed. We usually stay at Harrah's but wanted to stay on the boardwalk and enjoy the nice spring weather by the ocean. Bally's is centrally located on the boardwalk and close to the Pier Shops and the AC Outlets. We walked down to the Tropicana and ate dinner at Carmine's (wonderful). Overall our experience was great.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rawfoodrunner
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed for only 1 night and it was one of the worst experiences I every had. The drain in the tub was clogged. The room was dated and it looked like it hadn't been dusted in months. Upon complaining to the front desk, they were very unapologetic and indifferent especially since we didn't bring it to their attention until we were checking out. I was told "Well, next time..." Sorry. There won't be a next time. I'd rather sleep on the street with the bums than stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2travel10
BallysAC, Customer Relations Coordinator at Bally's Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent trip to Bally's Atlantic City. Your comments are very important in helping us to ensure that the services and products we provide to our guests are constantly improving to meet and exceed your expectations.

Please know that we read every comment and listen to what our customers are saying. We value all feedback provided as a means of monitoring and enhancing the service we offer here at Bally's Atlantic City. Our goal is to provide a warm and hassle-free experience for all guests, so it is always disappointing when we hear otherwise.

We would like to address your specific concerns and ensure we make the appropriate changes that will not only meet but exceed your expectations. Please feel free to email us at harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com. We do look forward to hearing from you about your stay.

Courtney