“Stayed for free and it's still horrible!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
nj
“Stayed for free and it's still horrible!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

Stay away from Bally's. It's old, musty, no atmosphere and poor service. The whole place is old and needs to be remodeled. The service is lousy and everything from food to facilities is subpar.
Let's just put it this way. Last time in AC we stayed at harrahs and paid full price for a standard room. This time we booked a free premium room with bally's. Harrah's was a palace compared to bally's - would never stay at ballys again!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank manzopa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,027)
  • Korean first
Ribeirao Preto, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

Great location. The hotel needs to be renewed. The smell of cigarette smoke is horrible and is present throughout the hotel. The service is average. Do not be fooled with the packages offered by this hotel. If you can, spend a little more and stay at Caesars, which is next door.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank vinigmartins
Clark, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

We booked a room for 1 night so that we could attend an event the following day with our children. Upon checking in at 4 p.m., we were told that the room was not ready because "the maid was in it". We went back about 40 minutes later and were given the room number and key. The room was in the Claridge Tower. We have stayed at Ballys before just not in this Tower.
The room was nothing to write home about. Very basic. It was not until later that night that we realized how bad this room and Tower really were. The beds in the room felt as though all the springs were coming through. The chairs in the room were stained along with the carpet in the hallways. I went to adjust the night stand and found enough dust to write in. I took pictures of the lack of cleanliness and showed them to the front desk clerk at checkout. She adjusted the room rate after I told her that the housekeeping staff should be fired along with their boss.
The people in the next room were extremely loud. We called security 3 times because it was past midnight. On the third call, when I threatened to fix it myself, they sent someone up and then it got quiet. With 2 children, I found this unfair for it to take 3 phones calls.
Ballys itself is pretty nice except for the fact that they charge you to use the pool. Full price even when the pool was only going to be open for 2 hours when we got there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank PamandMike
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

Ballys had it all for Atlantic City. Walked to everything. Never had to go outside unless you want to do more shopping or stroll down the boardwalk. The bus terminal is connected by catwalk. The bus is the perfect way to do a day of New York city. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DelaneG
rochester, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

Reading these reviews, I was very nervous about going to AC and staying at Ballys, I packed my own pillow and wanted my own blanket and towels, however once we arrived, check-in was quick and the bags were waiting when we walked into a
GREAT ROOM, It was big and clean and the beds were great, the bath area was also big and clean. The hall was clean and every time we passed the employees they smiled said hello and asked if we needed anything. (We had plenty of towels for the 2 of us). One of our friends had a room by the elevator and never heard anything until late late one night a couple was arguing and when she called the desk, they came right up and evicted the 2. We never heard any noise near our room. I used the Spa during the day, and found the staff friendly and everything clean. The pool, hottub area was also clean.
The only thing lacking was at the bar, they needed some help, we had to go to the bar and get our drinks, before sinking in the chairs, and I missed entertainment, not even a piano player, just piped in music. At the frontier bar the bartender could not change any tv channels and if he would of put the final batchelor show on he would of made a ton of money from all of us, but we took our drinks up to a room and saved the money for the slots later that night. I won enough to pay for my trip and change in my pocket. We will go back agan.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank bluebird1992
Staten Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

Although I have never personally had any problems with Bally's, I am the first to admit that some rooms may not be as good as others and sometimes, when a hotel is extremely busy, service can be lacking. With this in mind, I am surprised at how many negative comments there are for Bally's. I think most people only take the time to write a review when it's a bad one. I went in December of 2009 with my husband and had the best room we've ever gotten so far from Bally's (comp). Not to say any of the other rooms we've gotten were bad, quite the contrary, but this one was amazing. Ocean views, huge, clean and nicely decorated. The best part though, was the bed. I suffer from major back and joint pain. The room we stayed in had a new Simmons Beautyrest ultra plush pillow-top mattress. The best nights sleep I ever had. So much so that a few weeks later, after some research, I bought the same bed! I have not regretted it! I absolutely LOVE Bally's. It is centrally located to shopping and everythin on the boardwalk. Great place! Oh, and the indoor pool is amazing!!! Well worth the $10 per room charge!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shortysmom411
Phillipsburg, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed in the Dennis Tower. It was clean, neat, and the decor was nice. We had a premium room and what is in the picture on the web site is exactly what you get. I liked these rooms better than the tower. The only drawback is that you do not have ocean view but the rooms are closer to everything. Highly recommended! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business