“almost died”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 4, 2006

Place was old and out dated. Room not the cleanest. Mattress was like sleeping on concreate. Had bathroom door slightly open and red heat lamp switch was broken and wouldn't shut off. The position of the lamp is so that if you have the door half way open it is right under the light. put 1 and 1 together and I'm lucky i woke up before it burst into flames.

Manager and staff didn't seem to care when we told them what almost transpired.

There are much nicer places to stay in ac. But if your not there for the comfort and just to gamble the price is usually right.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ssyr1
There are newer reviews for Bally's Atlantic City

Reviewed September 28, 2006

This is my third annual stay at this hotel. The hall carpet on the residents floors were in desperate need of cleaning. In several places the hall wallpaper was ripped. The rooms needed a good cleaning. It was evident that housekeeping only vacuumed the wide open spaces in the rooms, the corners and around the beds had too much trash. I assume that is why there were rodents running about in some of the rooms. Next year, I will find another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank MsNeatness
Reviewed September 23, 2006

This was our first time to Atlantic City and our stay at Bally's was great! After booking our 3 day stay there through Harrah's Total Reward system...my husband and I received 3 night stay at Bally's free. We are considered Platinum players. After reading awful, terrible reviews regarding Bally's service and rooms I became very weary of these free comps. I called the hotel personally and asked to stay in the Bally's Tower because the awful reviews all seem to be referring to the Claridge Tower rooms. I was told that they could not guarantee this tower but they would put in my preference. When we arrived we were greeted by Sarah...who couldn't be sweeter and nicer. We were given our room in the Bally's Tower with a magnificant view of the Atlantic Ocean. The room was beautifully decorated and clean. The bed was awesome. I slept like a baby. The room service was prompt, friendly and the food was delicious. The crab cakes were to die for. I won money but my husband lost. We had a blast. I prefer the boardwalks on other coastal cities, like Virginia Beach and Cape May but after 5 days on the beaches we were ready to play the slots for a few days before heading home to Louisiana. I would definately stay in Bally's if we ever decide to go back to AC. But, I will ask for the Bally's Tower.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
9  Thank DionneTerese
Reviewed September 22, 2006

The price was right...$99 for the night...the room was just so-so. The carpet needed some major stretching. The bathroom was ok. The room was fairly clean, but I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jez830
Reviewed September 17, 2006

After a horrible attempt to stay at Super 8, we walked inside and found wonderful service and helpful hands. The stay was about $75 more than Super 8 but it was an amazing experience. Everyone was helpful and had a smile. It was so convienant with the casino right downstairs and 24-hr resurants open within the hotel. I would absolutly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank FAngelFH
Reviewed August 27, 2006

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Room service was prompt and the food was very good. Staff friendly and eager to please. Plenty to do after you try your luck at the casinos. Overall, a very nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank Monica_MovieStar
Reviewed August 26, 2006

Blue Martini lounge is located in Ballys in A.C. They have happy hour from 5 to 7 each day with half price top shelf drinks. The bar also has an ice strip to place your drink so it stays cold. Very sheik atmosphere, dark and romantic. Good place to take a lover. Especially at 5 p.m.

10  Thank pandy44