“Do Not Let Them Put You In The Claridge Tower Even If It Is For Free....”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
new york
“Do Not Let Them Put You In The Claridge Tower Even If It Is For Free....”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

WE JUST GOT BACK FROM AC TODAY 3/21/2009... When i booked the room for two nights it should have said this price includes dingy old depressing room!!!that is how awful the room was. when i asked if we can put in another room they were all booked. have to say the clerk was very sweet she said if you call at 9am there should be a room in the Dennis Tower..when i called the front desk the next day a very rude clerk said if you want to move your room you will be charged $300 . I went down myself to speak to a manager and she was nice enough to change our room.And as for the servicve that was a joke! while we were playing at the roulette table my husband asked for a corona and was told if your not a diamond card holder you can only get a miller lite or bud so he asked for a bud and after 2 hours she came back with everyone elses coronas and no drink for him..we bought our drinks the 2 nights we stayed . I would not stay here ever again even if it is for free...soo not worth it. i will never gamble here either.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,190)
  • Korean first
Washington
Reviewed March 18, 2009

There are an increasing number of bargains to be found on casino hotels in Atlantic City following some well-publicized bankruptcies and lowered earnings estimates. This past weekend, I found a deal at Bally's for two weekend nights at the same price as the Sheraton ($480 all-in), which is almost always *much* cheaper than any casino hotel (except maybe for the harbor area 10 blocks to the north). I booked it.

When we checked in, however, we learned that we'd been given a room in the Claridge Tower, a much older property adjacent to and now connected with the Bally's property. When I made the reservation, I had been under the impression that it was for a room in the newer Bally's tower. Not so.

Don't get me wrong, the room in the Claridge Tower was serviceable. It was clean, but no amount of cleaning can disguise the wear and tear on the beds, the dated bathroom fixtures, the single sink, the faded and bubbling wallpaper. If you plan to spend any time in your room beyond sleeping and getting ready to go out, make sure you are booked into a room at the newer Bally's tower, and not booked in the older, dingier Claridge Tower.

I note that Bally's is now running at $20 special. I can almost promise you that if you take them up on the offer, you'll find yourself in the Claridge and not the new Bally's.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank 4ndr3w
New Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Saw Bally's advertisement for discounted rates during the week ( $59) , and thought "why not?".. Must say I read some reviews and was a little nervous. But went, determined to make the best of it , and enjoy the change of scenery with my 2 girls, (16 and 9) and my husband.
First of all- we do not gamble, so this review is based solely on the accomodations.Arrived at 7pm on day of check in, The hotel was very quiet,front desk clerk was sweet and attentive. She double checked my rate for me, and offered me an upgrade to the premium tower deluxe room for no extra charge. The room was on the 40th floor, clean, beautiful marble throughout. The beds were comfy - everything was up to my (exacting) standards! Room service breakfast was delightful, and delivered in 20 minutes.
What I want to really rave about was the pool area. Not only is it spectacular for an older AC hotel, it was kid friendly and the water was sparkling clean. We had a wonderful 2 night stay , and I cannot wait to get back there.For the value- it was worth every penny.
dont believe all of these "doom and gloom" reviews, I made it a point to write this one to dispel them!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank themonk999
New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I was starting to think was too picky and could not find a great place to stay! Ballys changed my thought. This hotel is everything I could wish for! And the best part was this was a comp. I've traveled the world and I've paid to dollar for hotels but, Ive met my haven. Ballys is trendey, fun, and the service is great!. The pool/club is great and lots of fun. The room was new, modern and roomy. The casino has great games and lots to do. Only complain was the buffet, I have to say it was 4AM but we waited and waited and waited for a waiter and they never took our order so we left

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
new york
Reviewed March 8, 2009

every time we go to ballys in atlantic city we book a room at the tower but they always put us at the clariage which looks like it has neverbeen clean. This is the last straw. when we go to atlantic city we are going to stay at ceasers were we will be treated with repect.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

PA
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Please do not book a room based on discription, I booked the luxury room at the cost of $300.00 total for 2 nights. I knew I had no total reward credits, so I just wanted to make sure I booked a good room. What did I get? Total Crap, old room, yes it was in the Towers but trust me, the $59.00 rooms are a luxury compared to what they put us in. This room smelled, the hair dryer did not work nor the TV. and the toilet ran. When I complained, the Reservation Mgr. was so ignorant and she told me that they give the best rooms to thier customers that come frequently, and it is not based on what you PAY for a room, but what you PLAY! God forbid you just wanted to get away to your favorite place after being ill for the past few years and even though we always had free rooms in the past and yes, even the Penthouse Suite for a night, we knew we had to pay more for a good room because we have not been here for awhile and our credits were expired. If I had paid $59.00 per night for the room, which was their cheapest I would have had such a nicer room compared to the crapy room they gave us and it would have not ruined our get away that we needed so bad. At t this time with our economy in the state it is in, you would think you would be treated like royalty. Very disappointed with Ballys and the way they handled this and in my opinion took advantage of us. When booking, get the cheapest room possible because if your frequent player at thier casino, you get either free rooms and even at times the Penthouse Suite. DO NOT Pay for premium or Luxury, it is a total rip off. ALSO, we were so disappointed to see that the excitment is all gone when we went to play. We were so disappointed in the Wild West, that use to be the best place to play, We felt like we were at a funeral it was so quiet. Don't they realize that you need to hear all the whistles and Bells to really make you want to play. You don't even know when you win on some of these games. I am so upset it went downhill. We always loved Ballys, We have been a patron for over 30 yrs, just cant believe how we were treated only by the reservation Mrg. the other girls were very sweet but they could only do so much. We were taken advantage of and it is a real shame on them. I do not know why they even have a selection to choose from if you only get what is available when you check in. And one more thing, do not go by what they say for check in time, if you want a "GOOD" Room, check in "EARLY" first come, first served. We made the mistake and checked in when we were told even though we were there two hrs. earlier. I mean this, this is exactly word for word what this mgr. said along with only their good customers get the pick! Sorry I had to be tough, but I am just telling you the truth. The only enjoyable part of the trip was eating at Virginia City, I still say it is the best and so is their staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4THELOVEOFGRANDMA
virginia
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Enjoyed my stay with two other friends at Bally's. We were with a bus tour group and got to stay in the Tower with a wonderful view overlooking the ocean. Our room was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. The one down side is the restaurant. We did have a limited menu one night and the price is not too cheap. Think the Bally Tower is the better one to stay in. It is more updated and quiet. Would go back again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends