“Managers need to take attention.....!!!!”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Check in horribe with a long wait time and children sitting all over the lobby floor.
Room view was great but housekeeping needs to clean better.
TV ad claims you must be 21 to go to the restaurants. There were kids running around & unsupervised in the restaurants. Children were on the casino floor as well.
Wait time for the Virginia City Buffet (2/16) and the 6ix Bistro(2/17) was awful.
Found the establishments to be understaffed with unhappy, tired employees.
At 10:30 a.m. on the morning of the 17th we went to gamble. Ballys didn't have enough tables open plus they raised the stakes. Went over to the Wild West and there were two pit bosses there. No employees, no games, no nothing!!!! We always looked forward to our AC stay. Sorry Ballys........your place is on a rapid noticeable decline. Time to find another place to roost. Yours truly, Platinum Card holder.

There are newer reviews for Bally's Atlantic City

Reviewed February 17, 2009

I read the reviews beforehand and ignored them. I thought that the only people that make complaints are the select few that have problems during their stay. I should have listened and stayed far away from this hotel. This was the worst trip I could have ever imagined planning. I arrived at around 9pm, as I had said I would on my online reservation. I selected the "Premium" room with "generous bay windows with expansive views" when I made my reservation. When I arrived, the room I had selected was unavailable. The checking in process took forever. They sent me, instead, to the "newly renovated" Garden Tower. When I walked into my room, it hadn't been cleaned yet, at 9:30pm! When I looked out the "bay windows", the only view I had was of a rooftop. I called for the room to be cleaned three times before anyone arrived, over an hour later. I didn't get to eat until 11pm. I was too tired to do anything after all of this hassle, so I just went to bed. The next day, we went to play some slots. In the over two hours that we were at the slot machines, we got one drink. It took forever to get someone to take our order and then another half hour to get it. We got bored there easily. You cannot take any pictures inside the casinos, apparently. We went for a nice enough but very expensive Valentine's Day dinner at Arturo's. This was the highlight of our trip. After this, we went to the recommended Blue Martini for drinks. It was great there to start out with, the waitress brought us our drinks and the DJ was great. Then, two girls in fishnet tights and underwear got up on the stage behind the bar and started dancing, on Valentine's day! This was absolutely ridiculous. I was appalled by the lack of class this place had. If it was going to be a "Singles Night", they should have advertised that. When I spoke with the Manager about this, he tried to sweet talk me and makes my boyfriend seem like the problem. The problem was that I didn't feel comfortable having two girls shake their stuff in my face on my, what was meant to be, romantic weekend away with my boyfriend. After that, I spent a ridiculous amount of money on taxis to go elsewhere, as I would not spend another penny of my money in such a place. When we got back to the room, we ordered room service. It took over an hour and fifteen minutes to get some food and a bottle of wine delivered to our room. I was already asleep by the time they finally arrived. I checked out in the morning and when I arrived home, I checked my bank account and realized that on top of everything that I had to deal with all weekend, I had been charged double for my ridiculously priced two night stay at Bally's. When I called to complain and ask for my money back, the Customer Relations office and Accounting office were both closed for the day. I am now waiting to get a phone call back since 9:30am this morning and it is 1:30pm.

Reviewed February 15, 2009

As a diamond club member, Bally's charged me 400.00 room rate, because they say I did not cancel. In fact, I was there, and the girl must have charged me for the upgrade, I was entitled to as a diamond member. It has been 3 months and three times, that I was promised a refund by their finance offices. Nothing. I notified my American Express, and they spoke to them and still nothing. Be very careful at Bally's, no, in fact, don't go there. They are not what they used to be. Smoking rules are ignored. The table next to you, is permitted. I am now an ex customer, and am doing my best to stay out of all Harrah's establishments. Believe me, they are trying to catch up on their loss of revenues, and it's on you. Services don't exist, diamond clubs are closed, even the buffet in the Wild Wild West is closed at certain times. I saw a cockroach in the halls. If you want to go to a nice casino, while it last, go to Vegas, it's even cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fjgv
Reviewed February 9, 2009

rooms are not much better than a budget hotel will not be back....

Reviewed February 4, 2009

I had resevations which I had to cancel due to family emergency they took 182 dollars out of my checking account without my permission then when I contacted them they said I would get it back. yeah in 10 days i'll get it back beware of the big rip off you dont have to worry about me going to Ballies again there done and can kiss my [-]

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank mpb313
Reviewed February 1, 2009

As a Harrah's Diamond member, I was offered a comp room, not just for a "Classic" room, or a "Deluxe" room, but a "Premium" room, described on their website as follows:

"If you could build your own private sanctuary in Atlantic City, what would you include? At Bally’s we’re completely confident that any amenity you could dream up for your ideal getaway already exists in our very own premium guest rooms. Here is the checklist of all the dreamy details:
--Spacious floor plan which includes a table and chairs
--Always fashionable art-deco decor, with gold and wood accents throughout the room
--Modern bathroom with granite topped sink and custom granite and tile flooring and a beautifully tiled shower."

But when we got there we were told the only available room was in the Claridge Tower. We received a tiny, drab, brown room furnished with one tiny table and two chairs. It looked like the kind of place people go when they are put under house arrest. We thought long and hard to find the words to describe the decor. A flash of inspiration: It's a --police interrogation room with a bed--. It's also hard to find the words to describe my feelings about having my (Diamond, comp) room downgraded so. I feel used. Lied to. Soiled, even. I've been dissed on reserved nonsmoking rooms before, or even denied a king bed -- but I shouldn't have to wonder whether my spouse thinks I lied to her about getting a premium room. I'm really steamed that I had to break a commitment to my spouse. If this had been Vegas I would have told Harrah's where to stick their comp room. But this being AC on a Friday night, I had no other options. Did I mention how decrepit the Claridge Tower is??

After check-in, we ate at the coffee shop called the "6ix Bistro." Now, normally Harrah's Diamond members are given preferred service and a white comment card which is supposed to tell the waitstaff to give the Diamond guest decent service. But we were invisible to the waitstaff. I had to get up and ask for the manager 3 times just to find our waiter. We asked for tartar sauce and were given some tasteless substance that reminded me of motor oil.

In the plus column, the Claridge has a 90-degree indoor heated brominated pool, 10A-6P, also featuring poolside service and a kid arcade. Don't bother with the spa, where the men's jacuzzi was out of order and the exercise room uninviting.

The Diamond Lounge at Bally's was huge and featured overstuffed leather chairs and an ocean view. It was superior to the other Diamond lounges I've encountered; we were not asked to pay; and the spread featured fried chicken, rigatoni with beef, and various sandwiches, soup, salad, and dessert. It reminded us of a cruise ship. We also enjoyed the seafood buffet at the Wild West, a small casino situated in between Bally's and Caesars.

While even the worst hotels get props from me for having 90-degree heated pools, I can't recommend this property because of being stiffed on the room type.

2  Thank mbstone
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I love Ballys and everything they offer, I agree with The Claridge, it is So outdated and not kept up with at all. However, Ballys has made my next stays alot more pleasurable. I never had a bad stay since, they do take care of their visitors.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends