“Good Location, Depending on your Tower”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our family has been going to Atlantic City, NJ for the past 15+ years. We used to stay at the Trump Taj Mahal and then a few years ago we moved to Bally's Hotel & Casino. I personally don't gamble while we are there, I go to the beach, walk on the Boardwalk, shop at The Walk, etc. I like the location of Bally's as it is a very easy and safe walking distance to The Walk Outlet Mall, plus easy access to the beach and other stuff around. This time we were in the Garden Tower and our rooms was very nice and newly renovated. We've stayed in the other towers at Bally's before so I would agree with those reviews in that they are not as nice at all. The Garden Tower was nice and clean, the room was large and the bathroom was very nice. Our view was of the inner court so that was disappointing as we've had really nice views of the beach before. The room/floor was accessible by hotel room key only, so that made it feel safe. I booked a 75 minute spa and it was a VERY nice massage, I've use the spa at Bally's before and while it is not 'top notch', it is still nice and easy to use. The pool was full because of Hurricane Arthur passing by, I went out on the deck from the spa and it is a nice view. You have to pay to use the pool/workout area unless you have a spa appointment booked and then it is included. If you use the spa, ask for Nadia, she has been there for over 13 years and is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden Tower, not the best view, bu the rooms are newer and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Becca S

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Bally's is terrible, honestly---there isn't many positive things I can say. The employees were fairly nice however I'm pretty sure even they knew how big of a dump this place is. The bed was super uncomfortable and the bed frame was all but split in half. The walls are SUPER thin and you could hear kids crying all night and all morning long. The elevators were broken most of the time so we had to use the emergency exit steps which I don't even want to tell you what I saw there. Seriously...save your money and go elsewhere. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE

Room Tip: Pick another hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Youngtegger
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We decided to spend a few days travelling with two nights in Atlantic City, where we had never been before. I booked two nights at Ballys and chose an ocean view king room in the tower. After I made the booking I read some of the unfavorable reviews and wondered if I had made the right decision. I am pleased to say that I did.

We arrived in early afternoon and decided to see if we could check in, even if the room was not ready. There was already a line, but this moved along nicely. Our check in lady was very pleasant and I confirmed that we would like a high up room with a nice ocean view. She said that the room was not ready yet, but she would text us when it was. We said no problem, and set off to explore the beach and the boardwalk. Within an hour we received a text that the room was available. We picked up the key and proceeded to our room which was a king non smoking on the 40th floor. What a view, it was perfect, and exactly what we had made our reservation for.

The room was clean and spacious, my wife said it was a little 1980's but it was fine with me. We could not stop looking out at that view. In addition to the ocean we could see the steel pier with it's rides and some of the other resort hotels. It was spectacular both day and night, and spending two nights meant that we did not have to rush off the next day. It was one of the best hotel experiences, and I am already planning another trip. We really liked the whole Atlantic City experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lesbooth_13
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Took the time to have a weekday casino bus trip and stayed overnight. The room is at the towers, good view, no internet (fee) fridge, flat screen. Coffee maker.

I think some of the rooms are given to discounted guests. i dont blame them. But the proximity to the attractions cant be ignored.

There is no buffet restaurant here, you need to go to caesars. Casino is like what the other properties have.

thanks for the discount.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Charles Victor C
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

When I can't get a room in Caesars this is my next goto spot. The rooms need serious updating though cause I feel like I'm stick in the 80s. The Garden Tower rooms though are much better and I recommend trying to stay in one of those rooms. When dining check out Arturo's. Great food.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clubmasternyc
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Bally's Atlantic City is a typical Casino hotel. The advantage here is that it is right on the Atlantic Ocean. The views are spectacular.
Rooms are a bit tired and need some updating.
Be sure to request a non-smoking room if that is your preference, it is not standard.
Be prepared to walk. Like Casino Hotels, you are usually routed through the casino to get wherever you need to go. Same holds true here.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get an ocean front room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a little surprise getaway. .I was very disappointed. The rooms smelled n in the casino there are hardly any waitresses! Who gambles w/o needing something to drink. .will never be back..I'll go to Sands on 78 instead.

• Stayed: April 2014