“Our Bally's tower room was fine!”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Our Bally's tower room was fine!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I looked on Trip Advisor after booking our room at Bally's in Atlantic City, and was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews on here. But...we were quite pleased with our room, which was in Bally's Tower on the 30th floor, with an ocean view. Checked in on Sunday afternoon, and did not have any wait at all. The room was a little dated, but by no means was it horrible. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Our stay here was fine and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,433)
  • Korean first
Maine
Reviewed June 24, 2014

After reading several reviews here, I almost changed our reservation for a short Friday-Monday getaway for my hubby's 50th. We, however, we very pleased with our stay at Bally's. We stayed in the Bally's tower, a city view room that did offer a peak of the ocean as well (looking towards Ceasar's). Yes the room is a bit dated, there were some small stains on the carpet and some corrosion in the bathroom, but overall the room was clean and everything worked. We thought the room was huge, as was the bathroom; with a nice soaking tub. The only downside: the bathroom doors are 2 doors that swing open and don't offer much in the way of 'sound control'. The bed was very comfortable! If you are looking to stay on the boardwalk, I honestly think this is THE place to stay. Just a short walk to the beautiful beach, the happening Bikini Bar and right in the middle of the boardwalk. We had dinner at Arturo's, which was very good; but also stepped out onto the boardwalk for pizza and lemonade as well as the salt water taffy!
The casino wasn't kind to us, but did have a great vibe and very friendly dealers and players. The drink service was a bit slow at the slots, but it was the weekend. The staff at this hotel was great! From the check in desk to the housekeepers! I did have an issue with payment and had to call the accounting office upon my return home, but this was resolved quickly. Would we recommend?? ABSOLUTELY!! (and we can't wait to return!)

Room Tip: We liked the Bally's Tower-30th floor.
1 Thank geekie
New York
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Currently staying in the Bally's Atlantic City Tower hotel. Been here many times over the years, but this is the worst experience Ive ever had. My room is ocean view but is dirty as hell. It smells aweful, has major stains on the carpet as well as holes. And the foundation of the bed has aweful stains as well. Only 2 of the 4 e!evators work. And the front desk staff are next to useless when it comes to addressing such issues and concerns. I'll start going somewhere else, they should shut this place down and bury it in the sand. Stay away!

1 Thank ffhal58

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Spring Lake
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My BF received a comp from Bally's, and we decided to take advantage of it. We checked in at Bally's and were assigned a room in the Dennis Tower, which turned out to be lovely. We were on the 37th floor with a lovely view of the ocean. The room was very large, as was the bathroom. The bathroom had a large window, also with a view of the ocean. It had a soaker tub, and a shower, along with the usual amenities. We spent a few hours in the casino, and were able to walk indoors over to the Wild West Casino. One of the nicest scenes was seeing the lights on during the evening hours from the large windows in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dottimann
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I visited Bally’s Atlantic City on June 18-21/2014 on a charter tour booked out of Tampa, FL. I had requested “single occupancy” from the tour operator.
Check-in was efficient and friendly for the group. I was assigned room #741 in the Dennis tower.

They certainly had single occupancy in mind with this tiny room in which the king-sized be occupied most of the space. Large-screen TV was on dresser beside the bed. The room was clean and really quite serviceable for a single man on a gambling junket. (My wife and I had a really nice, spacious room in a different tower in 2009 when we visited the same hotel.) I get the impression that Bally’s has cobbled together a number of separate properties and this room was obviously in an older property.

Small table and a couple of chairs filled up the rest of the room.

Tub and toilet were in a separate room with sink/vanity in the hall space shared with the closet, which held the in-room safe. While on the toilet, the 1970’s called on their extension telephone installed there! (I actually got to use it on final morning when the wake-up call follow up caught me in the shower.) A little bit of high-roller amenity from the past.

Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows – one of which I used to block the light from the weirdly shaped window with the strange custom shade that failed to reach the sill, letting light stream in. An odd touch, without question. Larger window has typical room-darkening drapes with sheers.

A/C ran cold and thermostat worked fine.

Maid service was excellent and friendly. At one point I had lost my room key and was about to head back to front desk for a replacement. The maid nearby was very accommodating in opening my door for me (after confirming my identity of course). When I tried to tip her she initially refused, saying, “We’re here to serve YOU,” until I insisted.

The next day she was cleaning when I returned to the room and she made sure that the locksmith responded to my request to service the safe (dead batteries) after I had complained that my morning request had taken so much time that I was compelled to leave to room for breakfast after waiting for 45 minutes, or so. Very courteous and helpful.

Finding my way around the property proved to be a callenge with various locations difficult to locate and I nerver really got my bearings in the place. I believe that having to span multiple hotels and straddle a number of existing city streets makes navigatins ANY of the the boardwalk casinos challenging. But It was not unlike being on a cruise ship - by the time you figure out where you are, it's time to go home!

Despite the odd layout and inconvenient location of a number of amenities (Again, the result of the merging of disparate properties, no doubt) it was a good stay at a decent hotel.

I’d return without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank BarryZ
New York
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went there for 2 days with a friend, for some relaxation, after a long bout with a serious illness. Hadn't been there in a few years & figured it still was a good place to go. Excellent location-beach time, food, etc. Checked in for an ocean view room. Told it was just a request & would have to pay $40 extra a night for it. So we took city view. Have stayed @ the Taj Mahal, Borgata...and NEVER charged extra for ocean view. Got to room. Air conditioner was not working & filter was FILTHY! Found a hair in the ice bucket. No sockets to plug in electronics. The ones that were there were not fully working. Found one behind the bed with wires hanging out leaning against the bed. When the bed was moved, it was filthy behind. An electrician was sent to the room, who was very nice...but already not a good start to our trip. Refrigerator was off, so the stuff we bought remained hot for a day. They claim they're trying to save on energy. I guess that mite be a good thing. When we called down to complain, we were on hold for extensive periods of time. When they finally answered, they sent a very nice woman by the name of Maria, who attempted to help, but her job is only to deliver new items, such as a working refrigerator, which we did not need. Then as she left, saw a cleaning lady she knew. The cleaning lady attempted to fix the air...but when she realized filter cover was on wrong, she attempted to fix it & it fell off, to only reveal more filth. A manager by the name of Melissa (Missy) came to the room. Very nice, but just BSing us, of course. Claimed there were NO other rooms in this WHOLE hotel to move us to. She did give us a comp to eat so we went down & had dinner. By this time it was so late in the night, we were exhausted from all of the craziness of our 1st evening, so of course, we didn't do anything else. Thank God by the time we woke up, air was finally working. And someone was sent during our late nite dinner to change the AC filter & they cleaned the whole thing. Which is good but NOT what we came here for. Nonetheless...The next day, our bathroom clogged up 3 times...even overflowing So we had plumbers constantly there. We were afraid to use the bathroom. Ordered a carafe of coffee from room service. Took over an hour to come...for just coffee. Pre-ordered for the next day @ 9AM...@ 9:45 had to call room service cause it had not arrived was told it was already on it's way...to then receive a phone call 10 mins later stating that they were THEN going to send it & would not charge us the room fee...Whatever that is. Needless to say, coffee arrived @ about 10:30. The coffee was
comped...@ least. Keep in mind that EVERY phone call we made, we were on hold for 20 mins or more. The room was FILTHY!!! There was a coating of dust EVERYWHERE, including the phone and the table. There were dirty marks on all the light switches. The rug was old & gross. None of the shelves were wiped down @ ALL...looks like ever. The chairs were disgusting. We didn't dare sit on them. Thank God my girlfriend bought Clorox spray with her. We sprayed
EVERYTHING. The door lock was falling apart. Every encounter we had with numerous managers was met with either laughter, BSing or nastiness, as if WE were the nuisances. I do have to say that the beach was AWESOME. The location is AWESOME. And I DID get lucky and for the 1st time, won a small jackpot. My girlfriend and I DID make the best of it. But we were honestly in disbelief @ this place. There are hardly any workers there. And the few that DO work there are certainly overworked. We actually felt bad for them. I got home...and still not feeling well, after the 2 days of crazy, slept for 2 days. Oh...@ least the bed
sheets seemed clean. Don't think we'll EVER return there again. Sad to say.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank DQTL
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Spent three days at Bally's Atlantic City in mid-June from Wednesday to Friday. Room was free so can't really complain too much. The casino is definitely the main attraction to the property and other that that and bars there really wasn't much to it. We stayed on the 42nd floor of the tower and the view of the ocean was spectacular. The down side to the room was that there was no cell phone service. In order to make a phone call you had to stand right by the window and even then it was spotty. I was disappointed that there was no free wifi for guests. The fee was $12.99 for 24 hours which to me is a little ridiculous. Another amenity that was not free was the pool. Not even for hotel guests. The fee was $5 for the weekday and $10 for the weekend, EVEN FOR GUESTS! The price included a towel and bottled water but that seemed outrageous. Needless to say we did not visit the pool while we were there. Had problems with the elevator which lost service halfway through the trip but when it was referred the servicemen were there almost instantly to fix it. Didn't feel that the restaurants were great. Only one we ate it was Johnny Rockets but we were disappointed to find out that you couldn't use the comp coupon because technically they weren't Bally's. All in all I'd stay there again for free, but if I had to pay I would not. If Total Rewards sends us a free room again we would probably stay at another one of their resorts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends