“Good location and nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Pacific Ave., Park Place and Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Save up to 30% off!
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good location and nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent a Friday and a Saturday night here because we were involved in a wedding on Caesar's Pier. We chose to save a little money on our hotel, and chose Bally's rather than Caesar's for our accommodations. The room was somewhat small, but clean and attractive. The check-in and out process went smoothly for us, and they let us check in early. They only charge $5 for guest parking, so overall, I think it is a good value for the location and comforts provided.
There are fun activities for younger people, such as beer pong and a mechanical bull (which goes along with the hotel's theme of the Wild West.) I saw some negative reviews, but we had no issues. So I would recommend Bally's in Atlantic City.

1 Thank Beautifuldays2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,514)
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room was great very comfortable and clean... Right on the boardwalk great time ... The only problem could not find breakfast early in the morning....the pool was fantastic and the diamond club was beautiful....would love to go back...

1 Thank Jaywanne
Bethlehem, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was a little worried based on some reviews but was pleasantly surprised with how nice the hotel actually was. We stayed in the Dennis Tower and the rooms were not outdated like some of the pictures I saw on here. We had a decent view of the boardwalk and the ocean. The beds are super comfortable! The only thing I didn't like about the room was that it seems like you have to put the air all the way down to 60 degrees to get it cooled down.

We stayed here for for a bachelor/bachelorette weekend and were able to book a block of rooms for a group rate. The casino is just like the others...nothing that stands out really. The Wild Wild West bar is nice for some affordable drinking. Be prepared to spend a ton of money on drinks anywhere else.

I would stay there again if going with a group of people.

Room Tip: Book a room in the Dennis Tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sparta, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Every Fall MAACM has a conference. Bally's was very nice and very large. The check in process was horrible. We had to wait in line approx an hour to be checked in. I am sure this was due to such a large crowd for the conference. They did have other windows open to accommodate the general public checking in. The rooms were very nice. Spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was very large which was surprising but nice. All of the staff, whether hotel, restaurant, casino or parking were friendly and courteous. It was a good trip and a nice stay.

Room Tip: We were in a tower room that had a wonderful view of the ocean and the boardwalk.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank skpswfe
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

After meandering around trying to find the hotel lobby from the parking lot across the street my wife, who doesn't notice things, says 'this is an old hotel' She was referring to the conditions of the rug in the hallway. Waiting for the elevator you can hear room conversations, some of which are colorful. But based on what we paid for the room it's expected. We did not want to pay a lot ($44.00) for a stay over that was on the boardwalk and in the middle of things. All this was reasonable. Our biggest gripe was the bed. It's so soft it as like a giant pillow. For one night we handled it.
The location is the best thing. We were 2 blocks from the outlets and within walking distance to the taffy store and other casinos.

With so many other choices next time we'll try another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank biggiepants
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is more of a review of Atlantic City and Harrahs properties as a whole than one of just Bally's. My wife and I just returned from an overnight trip from the Bally's property for a "comped" room we were supposed to pay just $53 for (not including taxes, fees and other amenity charges). First of all, I must say the room on the 38th floor in the garden tower was very nice with a great view of the beach. It was the only redeeming thing about the weekend. For what I spent at the tables and slots (tight slots at that), however, should have at least entitled one to free parking or free wifi. I couldn't even a send a text message on my phone as my phone was seen as roaming by my provider. They almost force you to pay the 17 a day for wifi. Fast forward to this morning when we went to use the "Spa". The woman at the counter asked us if we were guests of the hotel and stated that it would be $5 a person. We gladly paid and spent an hour or two in the pool, sauna and whirlpool. Upon checking out, not only were we charged the $10 but an additional $10 as well for what the staff member said was a special Atlantic City tax or surcharge. A 100% percent tax? No wonder AC is going bankrupt and deservedly so. Not even a free drink is given unless you're a Diamond Club member. Looks like years of corrupt politicians and gross mismanagement have finally sent this place into a death spiral. Goodbye and good riddance. I'll go to Aquaduct and Sands in Bethlehem on my next gambling excursion.

• 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank azaccone

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had a reserved a king bed, big tub, ocean front room for my wife's birthday. At check in could not get the room I reserved- was informed you ONLY REQUEST a room. So I guess you are at their whim, don't know if room was available or not. Finally got into the room to find hair in the tub - my wife freaked. I cleaned it because I was hungry and wanted to go eat. Later that night I went to the men's room on casino floor (Wild West Side) to find young children changing their bathing suits. They appeared to be unattended and out of control, I notified a security person who said - that happens all the time. Next day came back from early dinner to find the room had not been touched. At the front desk, the buzz word was used once again, you have to REQUEST it to be cleaned or even have the towels changed out. I have stayed in Bally's since 1983 and was highly perturbed by it all. Neither a whale or high roller but I drop many dollars there eating, drinking. going to shows let alone gambling. Right now, I don't think I will go back.

Room Tip: Insist on the room you book = call them and get a name, don't let them ruin a birthday celebrati...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family