WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
Sparta, Virginia, United States
“Mid Atlantic Assoc. for Court Management (MAACM) Conference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Every Fall MAACM has a conference. Bally's was very nice and very large. The check in process was horrible. We had to wait in line approx an hour to be checked in. I am sure this was due to such a large crowd for the conference. They did have other windows open to accommodate the general public checking in. The rooms were very nice. Spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was very large which was surprising but nice. All of the staff, whether hotel, restaurant, casino or parking were friendly and courteous. It was a good trip and a nice stay.

Room Tip: We were in a tower room that had a wonderful view of the ocean and the boardwalk.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank skpswfe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,798)
  • Korean first
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

After meandering around trying to find the hotel lobby from the parking lot across the street my wife, who doesn't notice things, says 'this is an old hotel' She was referring to the conditions of the rug in the hallway. Waiting for the elevator you can hear room conversations, some of which are colorful. But based on what we paid for the room it's expected. We did not want to pay a lot ($44.00) for a stay over that was on the boardwalk and in the middle of things. All this was reasonable. Our biggest gripe was the bed. It's so soft it as like a giant pillow. For one night we handled it.
The location is the best thing. We were 2 blocks from the outlets and within walking distance to the taffy store and other casinos.

With so many other choices next time we'll try another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank biggiepants
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is more of a review of Atlantic City and Harrahs properties as a whole than one of just Bally's. My wife and I just returned from an overnight trip from the Bally's property for a "comped" room we were supposed to pay just $53 for (not including taxes, fees and other amenity charges). First of all, I must say the room on the 38th floor in the garden tower was very nice with a great view of the beach. It was the only redeeming thing about the weekend. For what I spent at the tables and slots (tight slots at that), however, should have at least entitled one to free parking or free wifi. I couldn't even a send a text message on my phone as my phone was seen as roaming by my provider. They almost force you to pay the 17 a day for wifi. Fast forward to this morning when we went to use the "Spa". The woman at the counter asked us if we were guests of the hotel and stated that it would be $5 a person. We gladly paid and spent an hour or two in the pool, sauna and whirlpool. Upon checking out, not only were we charged the $10 but an additional $10 as well for what the staff member said was a special Atlantic City tax or surcharge. A 100% percent tax? No wonder AC is going bankrupt and deservedly so. Not even a free drink is given unless you're a Diamond Club member. Looks like years of corrupt politicians and gross mismanagement have finally sent this place into a death spiral. Goodbye and good riddance. I'll go to Aquaduct and Sands in Bethlehem on my next gambling excursion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank azaccone

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had a reserved a king bed, big tub, ocean front room for my wife's birthday. At check in could not get the room I reserved- was informed you ONLY REQUEST a room. So I guess you are at their whim, don't know if room was available or not. Finally got into the room to find hair in the tub - my wife freaked. I cleaned it because I was hungry and wanted to go eat. Later that night I went to the men's room on casino floor (Wild West Side) to find young children changing their bathing suits. They appeared to be unattended and out of control, I notified a security person who said - that happens all the time. Next day came back from early dinner to find the room had not been touched. At the front desk, the buzz word was used once again, you have to REQUEST it to be cleaned or even have the towels changed out. I have stayed in Bally's since 1983 and was highly perturbed by it all. Neither a whale or high roller but I drop many dollars there eating, drinking. going to shows let alone gambling. Right now, I don't think I will go back.

Room Tip: Insist on the room you book = call them and get a name, don't let them ruin a birthday celebrati...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Pat D
Piscataway, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I decided to try staying at Bally's instead of my usual AC hotels. As soon as I walked in the room, I knew I made a mistake. It was a Dennis Tower room. It was sub-par compared to several other hotels on the boardwalk. The room was tiny, the TV remote didn't work and the bathroom was nothing special.

The casino people are very nice, but I won't be staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irby1234
Selden, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My fiance and I enjoy going to the AC Beer Festival that's held in April at the Atlantic City Convention Center. The previous two years we stayed at a B&B but after a negative experience we decided this year to stay at Bally's because they have deal with the festival to have lower rates for attendees. $199.00 for a Saturday night seems pretty great to me. We had a room in the garden tower and I was surprised how spacious our room was. It wasn't the typical shape of a hotel room and I assume its because it was in the older building but the room itself was very up to date. My fiance got room service late at night and it was $23 for a cheeseburger but at least he said it was a delicious (yet overpriced) one.

The two downsides is that there is no free wifi. I think it was $12.00 a day if you wanted to use it, I was hoping that as a guest we would have been given it for free. Also, as a guest you still have to pay for parking although it was at a discount of $5.00. When we go back for beer fest, I believe both of us will have no issues staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Dennis tower newest. Get ocean view it else looking at building. Room clean but windows so dirty. Elevators unreliable and small. Poker bar great but cigars should not be allowed. Had to leave. Pool great. People working there helpful and friendly. CPA event nicely done.

• Stayed June 2014