“Had a blast”

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Had a blast”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Loved the room, we had an ocean view. It was spacious..although who goes to AC to stay in the room.

Gambling was fun. They gave good slot machines. My friends did well on the craps tables.

Drinks were good and plenty. I had no idea that as long as you gamble you drink for free.

Ballys Reward Card is great. They will send you lots of free room offers...of course, they want your money!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank JanicenAngel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,351)
  • Korean first
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I agree with the previous reviewer. I also took advantage of a Groupon deal. The meal was the only good thing about the venue. We ate at their Restaurant Nanking Asian Fusion. It was the best Thai food I have ever had. Shrimp green curry with vegetables. It was fabulous. The portion was a bit small for the price and the sake price was ridiculous, but I enjoyed it anyway. Also, the steak house closed before the posted 9 pm closing time so we had not choice but to eat at Nanking. The rooms in the hotel definitely need updating. I would not got there again.The view was of nothing but a roof top and the carpet was wet by the refrigerator so the room had a bit of an off odor. I would skip this hotel folks. I am sure without the Groupon I would have been at the front desk asking for a refund or some comps for the casino!

3 Thank Lisa422

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We bought a Groupon deal that allowed us to stay at Bally's for a discounted price. It included meal credits and beverage credits for us to use while staying there. My husband and I met another couple there for a short one night get away without the kids. Neither of us smoke nor gamble, but it's fun to do the coin machines every once and a while. We had a very nice time and made the most of walking the boardwalk and the beach. The hotel itself definitely needs some updating and our room was certainly not perfect, but we still enjoyed our stay. We did have a very nice view of the city/wind turbines. The few employees that we interacted with were nice. The casino was clean, but we could have totally done without the smoking that is allowed in the building. Overall, we were not impressed with Bally's, but we also do not regret taking advantage of the deal and spending a night there.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view. Friends of ours had a room that reminded us of an attic crawl space. I...
2 Thank singlejess1
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Myself, wife and 3 kids age 18,15 and 11 visited ballys from April 13-19. Room was not bad, ok size being we were comp'd the entire stay. Now I know the charge of the pool ($5 weekdays) ($10 fri-sun) is rediculus for a Guest of the hotel. Hope that policy changes soon. And room service is only till 3 pm is just crazy. At 3 or 4 am when u want food there is only a sandwich shop open. Cold sandwiches 5 nights in a row got really tired.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank robbyrob33
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

New restaurants will replace the Grand Reserve and Bistro 6.
One of the new restaurants will be where the old race book and poker room was. The Grand Reserve closed the day before Easter. The new poker room is in the Wild Wes.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank ConcernedCustomer973
NJ
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife booked this room mid week at a low rate. We stayed in the Dennis Tower. Your room was remodel but looks like they did it in a hurry. Just looked like a rush job in the bathroom, like just didn't do the small minor details. They also put the toliet to close to the wall, with the phone and TP roll you it's a tough fit with out hitting your knees. IF I paid $200 for this room, I'd be pissed.

Overall the room was clean and comfortable!

The Casino it self is old and needs some updating and a good cleaning. The switch button on the 7th floor for the elevator were nasty. See picture.

The smoking sections and non smoking sections seem to be a Hodge Podge and confusing to ID.Which lead myself into with my allergies which caused some minor issues for me. But oh well!
Also found a lot of machines that would not take my card or work at all. Was hard to find a cocktail waitress even after I requested service and played the same slot for 40 minutes.

I'd visit Bally's again, but I really like Tropicana better.

3 Thank Dugtown94
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

if you have dust allergy or molds allergy or are a clean conscious dont come here. chair with spilled of something, my husband has an allergy attacked, floor dusty and worn out, refrigerator door so dirty, tops everything dirty.

• Stayed April 2014