“Find another casino if you can”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Hammonton, New Jersey
“Find another casino if you can”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Very difficult from A-Z. Reservations are confusing you may be speaking to a foreign country for booking in AC. Finally Lisa at the desk in AC did help me out. Free wheel chair was not there no one seemed to care I was mobility challenged and near falling. no seats in the booking area.
Had to rent a scooter and someone did bring a chair. A emergency wheelchair showed up thanks to Connie. Rented 2 rooms that I thought were a fair value. Most of the staff was very helpful and friendly. getting around in the Dennis tower with a scooter is quite challenging as you often have to use different elevators to get to the 6th floor. I would say its confusing and not handicap friendly. We went to "The Reserve" to dine and we had a 15 minute wait to be seated but there were empty table in the restaurant we were finally seated and 15 minutes later bread and water were served 30 minutes later no sight of our waitress no order
was taken in a restaurant that was about 1/2 full and offering $50.00 steaks. We got up and left. Terrible experience at the Reserve. Pretty much all other restaurants on the 6th floor was closed. Are you kidding me? Is this really what a casino is supposed to like? Checking out was a circus also but the guy at the desk did what he could as the check in was screwed up from the day before. Way too much crap to put up with
on a Thursday night stay over in the slow season. Valet parking was very good. I would not stay ay Ballys AC again unless it was a must as was the case this time. Thank you Lisa, Connie and staff who helped me while we were there. Without your efforts the review would be even lower. No fault of the workers at Ballys but upper management has to step up/wake up and take ownership of issues that are running the casino into the ground. - Hank

Room Tip: I stayed in rooms 388 & 390 in the Dennis tower they seemed good to me, quiet, clean, and comfy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Hank B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,260)
  • Korean first
Beautiful Cape May County
Reviewed March 12, 2014

THE BAD:

The check in: *sigh* Unless you are a Seven Stars Card Holder or Diamond, expect a VERY long wait. Then, Do NOT expect to get the room you reserved when you made your reservation. (They state they can not guarantee it, and they don't.)

As others have already stated, the halls, rooms and travel areas of the casino are smelly, outdated and have way too many prostitutes loitering. The room in Bally's tower is outdated, stained, has dark, curly hairs on the bathroom floors...yuck. I brought a can of lysol and sprayed down the toilet, tub/shower, remote and handles of the room. That helped me feel a little less "itchy". 3 outlets were broken in the room. A bit annoying since I needed to charge my cell phone and would have liked the light on at the same time. Loud, partiers walking the halls at 2, 3, 4am.

The casino floor: Machines are tight, but we all know they are everywhere. Drinks are slow to arrive and trying to avoid cigarette smoke in the non-smoking areas is impossible. They need a ventilation system desperately. There were 2 individuals I saw slumped over (sleeping) at the machines. I was surprised they were not asked to leave. Many shady patrons hanging out in this casino. I was approached twice and asked for money. I don't appreciate that, at all. We were Atlantic Club players and really miss it! Our next try will be the Golden Nugget to see if it's better.
The got rid of "The ponies" as we call them (betting on horses). My husband is not happy about that.

Overall, Bally's is interesting regarding the quality of people who seem to hang out there. A bit of a turn off. Hopefully the clean up the place. In more ways than one.

THE GOOD:

The employees were mostly pleasant and the restaurants have very good food! From the yummy chicken wings at WIld Wings to a nice sit-down meal at Arturo's, everything is quite tasty! I also had a muffin from the cafe' and bought another one at Wild Wings and honestly, I want one right now. Moist and tasty. The 6th floor is very nice to walk around & get away from the smoke, gambling & people.
Bally's closed their buffet so we ate at Caesar's Buffet and it was delicious. Caesar's seems much nicer as we walked through so we may try a stay there next time.

Room Tip: Bally's Tower rooms are ok, I most enjoy Bally's Dennis room right near spa. (not a view, bu...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is my 1st time staying at Bally's in AC, and all I can say was I was blown away how beautiful the room was. We stayed in the Dennis Towers top floor with a spectacular view. My5 year old loved the fact that it was on the floor with the Spa (she wanted a Mani)

Room Tip: Dennis Towers seems to be the center of it..right downstairs was the famous Harry's oyster resta...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mamaitaly72
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went it Ballys in September er 2013. Have stayed at several Total Rewards casinos and generally loved them (especially Harrahs), but staying at Ballys was not a good experience. To begin, check in on a Friday evening took almost an hour. There were several computers not functioning, and the lines were so bad that people were sending friends and family to get them drinks while they waited in the long lines. When we finally got to the counter to check in, they told us they didn't have any king beds as we had booked, and asked if we would accept a room with double beds at a reduced rate for the inconvenience.

What they didn't tell us was that although we had booked a renovated room in the newer area (with a higher room rate), they had bait-and-switched us into a room in the old, dark, far away Clarion tower. Not only that, but the room they placed us in was right next to the vending machines, so we heard the sound of slamming doors and vending, right by our room. Also the room they placed us in looked like it hadn't been cleaned in awhile....dirty carpet. Just ewwwh! I came down to complain, and the woman at the front desk mumbled under her breath and huffed at me when I complained that we did not get the room they told us and it was dirty. She told me that room categories were "requests, not guarantees." Oh really,...then why did I pay extra for a specific room category when it was only a request? Her customer service was horrendous. Also, the guy at the check in line next to us had to switch rooms because his room had bed bugs,

We have stayed in Atlantic City over 20 times and this is the first time I have written a negative review. We will never stay at Ballys again! which is a shame! since I love the location and their Mountain bar,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vaporgirrl123
New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Came down Sunday 3/9 for a 2 night stay with my boyfriend for a birthday getaway. I have never stayed in this particular tower before. I have stayed in the Dennis Tower and the dreaded Claridge Tower. Had we been told that there were only rooms available in the Claridge Tower – I would have transferred to another Caesar’s property, comp or no comp. (Come to find out, the Claridge Tower has been recently bought by another company). We arrived at around 4pm. The check in line was long but seemed to move at a decent pace. The Garden Tower only has a few floor’s worth of rooms with one elevator. It was so quiet over there. We really enjoyed ourselves. Our room was clean and spacious. No issues whatsoever. It was nice to see that the casino floor had been renovated. When we stay at Bally’s again, we will be staying in the Garden Tower.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Camille418
Bridgeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My Fiance took me to Bally's Casino on Feb 15,2014.We both had a good time,went to see The Comedy Stop Cafe & Cabaret -They had Comedian's-Tropicana. Before the show,we went to dinner at Harry's Oyster Bar, the food was so good, that was at Bally's. We Haven't been there in age'. We walk around,didn't do any gambling.We sat at one of the bar's and listen to a couple singing music and he was playing a keyboard,they were very good,very entertaining. We enjoyed everything,the room was very clean,the staff very nice,the food good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leola h
Havertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We came down for my boyfriends 50 th and enjoyed
ourselves.We love coming to gamble and going to the beaches.Ballys is a nice casino and we always seem to have a great time when we stay here.By the way it is close to Los Amigo, which is one of his favorite places.

• Stayed July 2013