11,303 results
All reviews garden tower harry's oyster bar wild wild west johnny rockets chop house beach bar ocean view slot machines table games nice room boardwalk casino caesars gambling employees outlets dealers
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have had. The room was a comp so I was not expecting the best, but even free rooms should meet minimum standards. To start, I waited over 1.5 hours to simply check in. When we finally get to the room, there is a terrible smell that reminded me of bug spray although I don't know if it was. In any case there was no way anyone could breath let alone sleep in the room. Additionally it looked like the bathroom had not been cleaned. I tried to call both the front desk and the housekeeping dept. but the phone rang for over 15 minutes.....finally decided to go back to the lobby. The elevator trip was something.....it didn't stop at any of the floors that were pushed by all of us in the elevator. Finally it stopped at a floor that nobody wanted, so we all got off wondering if it was safe. When I arrived at the hotel lobby, the line was as long as it had been when I was there before. I was sent to the shortest line, but still had to wait to see someone who told me she could not switch my room but would send a housekeeping supervisor to the room to see if what I said was true. They should be there in 20 min. 2 hours later, no one had yet arrived....back to the lobby where I saw a gentleman in a suit with a name tag. I asked if he was the manager and he was but a Caesar's. He came over to help. He immediately went behind the counter and checked the status of the supervisor visit. My request was way down on the list. He was very nice and tried to help as much as possible by moving up my request, but by this time I decided to just leave. What a nightmare. Take my advice and don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lynnette S
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Imagine eight years ago when staying at Bally's was a joy. There was a wonderful Virginia City buffet, the atmosphere was fun and exciting and the place was clean. Fast forward to a recent walk though visit because we had made a reservation for October, 2013 and wanted to check the atmosphere.

YIKES. I immediately cancelled our reservation. If the places that are visible are dirty, scummy and creepy, I can only imagine how dirty the rooms are. What a supreme disappointment. Why not just close the place instead of risking a law suite when someone gets sick from the dirt and germs?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LindaD2717BC
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Bally's is disgusting! When you enter Bally's to check in, you are assaulted by the overwhelming presence of cigarette smoke. There are some areas on the casino floor where smoking is permitted, but the smoke doesn't stay in the smoking sections--it's everywhere. Check-in time was at 4 PM, late if you ask me. The line to check in took over an hour.

Once up in the room, I was infuriated by the $357 per night charge. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but it reeked of stale cigarettes. The room was dark, only having two dim lamps. I couldn't see into my suitcase to find anything. There was a dressing table with mirror, but it was so dark it was pointless. The worst thing about the stay was the bathroom. The shower curtain had orange, black, red, and brown mold covering the interior. It made your skin crawl to have to shower in there.

My sister-in-law and I wanted to relax by the pool a little before dinner with friends. There was nothing in the room to give you information about the hotel's amenities. When we tried to call the front desk for information about the pool, no one answered. We resorted to calling the spa for information. Unfortunately, the pool closed at 6PM, which was in a half hour. What hotel's pool closes at 6 PM?

The next morning, we wanted to do the express check out by phone, but no one answered again. Fortunately, you could check out using the television.

The only positive thing I can say is that the sheets were clean, the air conditioning worked, and we slept the night.

What a rip-off! I will never stay in Bally's again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Me and my wife just spent the weekend there at the claridge tower , and this is by far the worst hotel experience in my life . It began with waiting exactly 1 hour to check in . In a long line , we were sent to the claridge tower the 15th floor . As we passed by the soda machine in this floor we smelled a very very stinky smell coming from some kind of water drain next to the machine . The area where this drain is very filthy and dirty and stayed like that till we left . The biggest disappointment is the room . It looked old , over used . Stains every where , old old tv with a fuzzy pic . Furnitures has only one place to go (trash) . Room is dark . Light bulbs not working . People loud outside . Yea never again

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Abdelrahman S
Reviewed September 23, 2013

First off we drove 8hrs after a days work for a 2 day educational beauty show. Our reservations were for 1 double bed room for 4 people, when we arrived we were put in a room with a king size bed n a cot! Gettin over sleeping arrangments there were not enough towels and we had to call and ask about 5 times to get towels to shower. Next morning our breakfast was over a half hour late, usually not a problem but we had classes to get to one time. When we returned our room was not serviced and had to call for that as well, on top of having to ask for more towels AGAIN! The next morning we decided to just grab breakfast at the main floor, ended up searching for juice for an hour since no one knew where there was any, they just knew they didnt have juice to sell you.(all was sold was danishes, donuts, cold bagels and warm pop!!! At 9:30 someone was knocking on our door asking if we were checkin out, when check out wasn't till 11. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in along with the worst service in the world!!!

• Stayed: September 2013