11,153 results
All reviewsgarden towerharry's oyster barwild wild westjohnny rocketschop housebeach barocean viewslot machinestable gamesnice roomboardwalkcasinocaesarsgamblingemployeesoutletsdealers
Reviewed September 23, 2013

First off we drove 8hrs after a days work for a 2 day educational beauty show. Our reservations were for 1 double bed room for 4 people, when we arrived we were put in a room with a king size bed n a cot! Gettin over sleeping arrangments there were not enough towels and we had to call and ask about 5 times to get towels to shower. Next morning our breakfast was over a half hour late, usually not a problem but we had classes to get to one time. When we returned our room was not serviced and had to call for that as well, on top of having to ask for more towels AGAIN! The next morning we decided to just grab breakfast at the main floor, ended up searching for juice for an hour since no one knew where there was any, they just knew they didnt have juice to sell you.(all was sold was danishes, donuts, cold bagels and warm pop!!! At 9:30 someone was knocking on our door asking if we were checkin out, when check out wasn't till 11. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in along with the worst service in the world!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Wildangel087
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived early about 11:00 AM and were told we couldn't check in until 3:00 PM. When we went back the line was awful. They only had two employees checking people in. We were supposed to have a king bad and ended up with two doubles in the Claridge Tower. It was very old and outdated. Our room was not cleaned properly. You could see dust flying in the air when I opened the drapes plus there was something spilled in the bathroom floor that looked like coffee. People in the room next to us partied half the night and tried three times to get in our room through the adjoining door. I ended up calling security. My first visit here was pretty good but I was very disappointed on the service and the room this time.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Claridge Tower.
1  Thank msdakota8
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I don't know why anyone would ever stay here.

I didn't meet one pleasant or helpful person at this place, on the phone or in person

To start, I called their 800 number, you couldn't understand the person on the phone with the background noise. She quoted a price higher than online.

We waited over an hour for check in. That was nothing compared to the poor people after us.
Once at the check in desk, check in was a few minutes.

When we arrived in the room, the room was very dated. There were chips in the furniture, worn out bathroom fixtures. The carpet was clean and in good shape. Plenty of hot water.
There was three pillows on the king bed. I tried to get an extra with no luck. I called housekeeping with no answer several times. I called every extension on the phone and was unable to get anyone to help.

Check out was a breeze. You just drop the keys in a quick checkout box. However, when I returned home, Bally's over charged for my room. I called to dispute the extra charge. When I asked additional question, the operator actually said " I already did you a favor..." WOW!!!

If you want to be in complete frustration, This is your place...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Oachie
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Were a bit nervous after review checking, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There's a daily fee for the indoor pool, which was a real positive as it was not crowded at all. Housekeeping was fine. There's a fridge in the room & coffee maker. You're a bit back from the action, and the original lobby is reminiscent of a ghost town. Our room was obviously updated within the year with flat screen & a comfy bed, cool couch etc.
All that said, for a Sun-Thursday comp from the Rewards program it's a great deal.

1  Thank Bajoba
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We arrived ahead of schedule for check in. Upon arriving at the valet they were short staffed. We left the car with an attendant who proceeded to tell us to go get checked in and they would take care of our luggage. When entering the hotel it has a faint smell of sea water in the lower level by car valet, another guest there informed us that the lower level had approximately 3' to 4' of water in the downstairs during Super Storm Sandy. It obviously was not cleaned properly because it still smells. Once we arrived at the check in there was an enormous line of people. We waited on line an hour before getting to the desk to check in. They again were short staffed here. We spoke to one of the desk agents who was checking us in but because my husband did not have his license it became an ordeal because both our names were on the reservation. We had to speak to a manager who again we waited for approximately another twenty minutes. She did allow us to check in but said she would only do this once for us because of gaming rules. Word to the wise don't forget id. We had booked a luxury room. Luxury not...it was an average room outdated. No tissues in bathroom and paper cups for beverages. Dinner at Arturo's was nice, food good. Gaming floor no one seemed to be winning. It appeared that a lot of machines were removed in the Wild West area to allow for a beer pong area and a mechanical bull. I guess they are trying to attract an younger crowd. In the morning someone entered our room without knocking I guess it was made service . Word to the wise use the do not disturb or you will be rudely awoken.

2  Thank Mich129