11,284 results
All reviews garden tower harry's oyster bar wild wild west johnny rockets chop house beach bar ocean view slot machines table games nice room boardwalk casino caesars gambling employees outlets dealers
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived early about 11:00 AM and were told we couldn't check in until 3:00 PM. When we went back the line was awful. They only had two employees checking people in. We were supposed to have a king bad and ended up with two doubles in the Claridge Tower. It was very old and outdated. Our room was not cleaned properly. You could see dust flying in the air when I opened the drapes plus there was something spilled in the bathroom floor that looked like coffee. People in the room next to us partied half the night and tried three times to get in our room through the adjoining door. I ended up calling security. My first visit here was pretty good but I was very disappointed on the service and the room this time.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Claridge Tower.
1  Thank msdakota8
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I don't know why anyone would ever stay here.

I didn't meet one pleasant or helpful person at this place, on the phone or in person

To start, I called their 800 number, you couldn't understand the person on the phone with the background noise. She quoted a price higher than online.

We waited over an hour for check in. That was nothing compared to the poor people after us.
Once at the check in desk, check in was a few minutes.

When we arrived in the room, the room was very dated. There were chips in the furniture, worn out bathroom fixtures. The carpet was clean and in good shape. Plenty of hot water.
There was three pillows on the king bed. I tried to get an extra with no luck. I called housekeeping with no answer several times. I called every extension on the phone and was unable to get anyone to help.

Check out was a breeze. You just drop the keys in a quick checkout box. However, when I returned home, Bally's over charged for my room. I called to dispute the extra charge. When I asked additional question, the operator actually said " I already did you a favor..." WOW!!!

If you want to be in complete frustration, This is your place...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Oachie
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Were a bit nervous after review checking, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There's a daily fee for the indoor pool, which was a real positive as it was not crowded at all. Housekeeping was fine. There's a fridge in the room & coffee maker. You're a bit back from the action, and the original lobby is reminiscent of a ghost town. Our room was obviously updated within the year with flat screen & a comfy bed, cool couch etc.
All that said, for a Sun-Thursday comp from the Rewards program it's a great deal.

1  Thank Bajoba
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We arrived ahead of schedule for check in. Upon arriving at the valet they were short staffed. We left the car with an attendant who proceeded to tell us to go get checked in and they would take care of our luggage. When entering the hotel it has a faint smell of sea water in the lower level by car valet, another guest there informed us that the lower level had approximately 3' to 4' of water in the downstairs during Super Storm Sandy. It obviously was not cleaned properly because it still smells. Once we arrived at the check in there was an enormous line of people. We waited on line an hour before getting to the desk to check in. They again were short staffed here. We spoke to one of the desk agents who was checking us in but because my husband did not have his license it became an ordeal because both our names were on the reservation. We had to speak to a manager who again we waited for approximately another twenty minutes. She did allow us to check in but said she would only do this once for us because of gaming rules. Word to the wise don't forget id. We had booked a luxury room. Luxury not...it was an average room outdated. No tissues in bathroom and paper cups for beverages. Dinner at Arturo's was nice, food good. Gaming floor no one seemed to be winning. It appeared that a lot of machines were removed in the Wild West area to allow for a beer pong area and a mechanical bull. I guess they are trying to attract an younger crowd. In the morning someone entered our room without knocking I guess it was made service . Word to the wise use the do not disturb or you will be rudely awoken.

2  Thank Mich129
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Where do I start?

How about waiting in a line that rivals the airport security line just to check in?

Or how about he fact that they royally screwed up our reservation, booking twice as many rooms as we needed, and demanding payment for all?

Or maybe that they issued keys that did not work to one of our party? And then the replacements did not work? At 12:30 am they did not work. Happy times!!!!

Or how about the $250 rate, only to be stuck in the "Ruby Room"? It was almost as nice as a $59 Quality Inn room, EXCEPT that it had the extras of drunks walking up and down the hall, (shouting to each other as if above a revving engine) every 1/2 hour until 5:00 am, AND the semi-clogged bathtub drain, AND the lack of anything other than a cheap, leaky paper coffee cup in which to mix a drink, AND the skimpy bed coverings, AND the beautiful view of rooftops, AND the broken lamp switches....I could go on, but I hope you get the point....

Or how about the outrageous prices on EVERYTHING, like $50 for a fifth of Jim Beam? Like $42 for a B grade steak, plus $8 each for potatoes and asparagus? Or $13 a day for Internet service? (Remember, the rooms were $250.). Or the $18 for breakfast?

The only real positive is that they are ON the boardwalk, where you can get some fresh air and get out of the casino atmosphere.

SOOOO glad my wife spanked them on the slots---6500% return on investment. She'll enjoy spending their money.

Next time I go to Atlantic City (which may be a lifetime), I'll stay somewhere else.

2  Thank weeksvillejoe