“A shadow of its former self...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
NYC
“A shadow of its former self...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Ballys, like The Showboat Casino, is in dire need of a major refurbishment. I stayed in a Dennis Tower Luxury room, supposedly one of the best, and had peeling wall paper, soiled carpets that turned the shower floor black, and tiny flying bugs, despite a form letter stating that a manager read "my" comments from my previous visit and personally inspected the room for cleanliness. Also a warm casino and base level drinks. The name on the form letter was not mine btw. My advice, if you're a Total Rewards member and paying for a room, pay for Ceasar's or Harrah's Marina and avoid Ballys. If not a TR member, try Borgata or Tropicana. Forget too the Revel. They're in bankruptcy protection and still feel their barely used base accomodations are worth $400 plus a night.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,023)
  • Korean first
Verona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

So after receiving a comped room at ballys in Ac I have realized that this is the worst hotel in AC. I was told I was getting a ruby room which is a newly re designed room. Upon arrival I find out I am in the oldest tower (claridge) and as I arrived into my room I first noticed the multiple stains on the hall way carpets. Then as I was walking to my room 3 bugs crawl by me in the hall. Ew. Once I walked into my room the first thing I noticed was the bare walls and the smallest tube tv I have ever seen . A 20 inch flat screen costs 250 a casino can afford it.. The next thing I did was sit on my broken flat bed and almost hit the ground. Finally I realized our lights do not work. So great . Also no maid service . Either way do not stay here unless u are forced to.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Masi009

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Yonkers, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had two non-smoking rooms reserved well in advance of our stay. The check in line was not long but the wait was. The kids were going crazy due to the wait.

One non-smoking room reeked of smoke! We were transferred to another room....that was not made up. We were transferred to a third room that finally was acceptable....but far from the other part of our family who were in one of the original rooms on a different floor and in a different building.

The hotel offered us a small (very small) discount for our "inconvenience." Shame on Bally's

Room Tip: Asking for a non-smoking room is no guarantee you'll get one.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Bally's. Normally, when we are in Atlantic City we stay at different hotel but it was closed at the time of our visit. The good location was deceiving.
Our room was on 15th floor. This was the dirtiest room/hotel we have ever stayed in. There was garbage (an open breakfast jelly pack) on the floor in the hallway that stayed there for the whole of our stay. The "best" thing was that the people 2 rooms away from ours had apparently ordered food with the Room service and the tray with the dirty dishes stayed also for the 2 days we were there in front of their room. And the tray was there even when we were checking out and the Housekeeping Manager/Supervisor was in the hallway greeting us.
So we would never ever visit this hotel again! Good luck to anyone that decides to stay there.

Freeport, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I paid $340/night for this dump. Two words WORN OUT!!!..everything about it... and also VERY small.. I have stayed at $50. motels WAY better than this room!!! The Hallways Are WAY nicer than the room I had. Was tempted to take a blanket out and sleep there. Bally's inself is nice. But stay somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Tip would be do not get a room here..
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank depfife
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place was the dirtiest most disgusting hotel I EVER stayed at! I cannot believe they rent rooms this revolting. I cannot believe they can get away with it! Never again. 45 minute wait to check in. Another 1/2 hour until our baggage showed up. We had to put towels on the chairs they were so dirty! The shower tile was moldy. Ewww . It was a intimate. Never again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lydc846
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed in the "Ruby Room", which at check-in we were told it is a "deluxe room". It certainly was not, the reviews from other Trip Advisor visitors were pretty accurate. We stayed in room #816 and the room was no "Jewel". Bedding was cheap, furniture is tacky, wall paper peeling, our window would of had a good view of the boardwalk and ocean, but the window was always foggy and small, the walls were so thin we could hear very private conversations in the room next to and across from us, the tower was very worn. I will say that the maid service staff were friendly and capable. If you have to stay in the "Ruby Room" because of a "comp"...bring a fan to block noise. I agree pay the $10.00 for the early check-in, most important prepare yourself for the urine saturated parking deck!

1 Thank mountainUSA