“DIRTY ROOMS RUDE STAFF”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked this hotel room with two reservations Aug 18th and Aug 19th, 1 was comp and the other was paid. At the time of check in I gave the rep the 2 reservations and I upgraded our stay to the towers. 44th floor great view. $55.00 extra fro each night total of $110.00. First night was ok, after returning on Aug 19th from the beach with family members I found my room keys did not work. I went to the front desk and was told in need to speak to a supervisor. There was no reservation on the system for the second night. The supervisor by the name of MARIE ANN RIVIERA Is the RUDEST PERSON I have ever met!!!!!! She Did not believe I had a second reservation. She follow me to my room (to let me in) expressing her distrust of my second reservation. Basically accusing me of lying. When we were at my room I handed her my reservations the one reservation that was paid with comp was in my maiden name. NOW SHE BEGAN TELLING ME I WAS NOT ME!!!!!!!!! I explained I just changed my card that day to my married name. SHE DID NOT BELIEVE ME!!!!!! I became very upset and she had the nerve to call security and told them I had been drinking...THAT WAS A TOTAL LIE!!!!!!!!!!!! My family came to the room and vouched for me. After this Unnecessary Stress caused by this supervisor My husband and I were given two new keys and one free night stay.....WATCH OUT FOR THIS SUPERVISOR SHE WILL NOT BE ON YOUR SIDE.....THE SIDE OF THE GUEST.

The hotel is on a great location on the boardwalk. My room was not cleaned, I need to request clean towels.

We travel often at least twice a year. I have never wrote a review on any of my vacations but this one most be told!!!

Room Tip: upgrade to towers
5  Thank ANNESEZ
There are newer reviews for Bally's Atlantic City

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were appalled at the condition of our room in the old Claridge House Tower which I understand Bally's has acquired. No rennovations have been made to bring this section up to par with other comparable hotels in the area. We had to call the front desk immediately after seeing all of the dirt and smut coming from the AC unit. My roommate was asthmatic and was having a very difficult time. There were also bugs flying around and no updated appliances at all including TV. No one provided good customer service and the wait to check in was agonizing. We will NEVER stay at this property again even if offered to stay for FREE! The beds were small and lumpy ( again probably same ones from the Claridge House of long ago. Such a shame no improvements were made for the guests' enjoyment instead of business write-off.

Room Tip: Other Bally's Towers may be better, but if they offer to put you up in the Claridge Tower, head...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alice K
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This review is for the the "delux luxury" room, smoking in the Dennis Tower.

Pro: Now I've stayed at many a smoking room and I often find they are more punishment then a request. Smell-wise it actually wasn't terrible, didn't smell like as an old man had sat and hot boxed it for a few days to that is a positive.

Con: Ants, yes ants!. Partially clogged drains. Cell services was bad. Not sure if they just really wanted you to pay for the wifi but my phone couldn't get a 3G/4G or even 1x signal.

The room itself was pretty sad. Seemed bigger in pictures. The room itself was a small little cell where the wall started about 3 feet from where the bed ended. Had 2 tiny slivers of windows which had frosted over glass so now view and no fresh air. Beds were very comfy though.

Casino: Casino was nice. Although if you're looking for information, restaurant recommendations, directions or even a list of the spa services or whats playing in their own theater you're better off paying for the wifi and googling it, this is the least helpful casino I've ever been in. And don't bother with the robot-phone reservation line its most hateful. Location was pretty good and walking distance to alot of other casinos.

This hotel felt like a pricey holiday inn. So if your a smoker and you get stuck in the dennis tower, ask for an upgrade! or better yet try something else

Room Tip: Avoid smoking, Deluxe Luxury in Dennis Tower. Bring a computer and buy the wifi
1  Thank Angeenator
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent location on the boardwalk. This casino was also my favorite on the boardwalk as well. Tried to get an early check-in and wasn't able to do so. Also, make sure you use express check out as the lines to check-in/check-out in the peak summer months can be lengthy. This hotel is definitely located at one of the best spots on the boardwalk and central to shops, casinos & food.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I called and booked a room for one night after a bad experience at another AC property. This was our second time staying here. The check-in took much longer than I like but this happens at hotel casinos. We were supposed to stay in the Clarion tower but were upgraded to the Dennis Tower. Our room was huge. We had a couch, king bed, 2 flat screen tvs, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The bed was great and the room was very clean. We were supposed to leave in the morning and checked out of the room to find that much of New Jersey was under a sever weather warning and many streets/highways were backed up due to flooding (freak storm). We decided to stay an additional night and not hazard the journey home. We went back to registration and asked if they had any rooms. The young lady at the front desk looked up our account and comped us a room for the night (we would have payed but free is better). The room was in the Dennis Tower and was as nice as the first room. They have won my loyalty. From now on when I travel to AC or Vegas, I'm staying at Ceaser's properties because after 13 years of making these trips, they are always the best bet.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Visited twice this summer, and getting ready to go back again. I have been staying at Bally's for 20 years. There have been many changes over the years, & some really disappoint me but it is still one of my favorites. It has great location & everyone is very friendly. I don't mind any of the rooms I have stayed in. When I get the Claridge, I get one of the Ruby Rooms. Beds are very comfy. I love the new early check in. My last 2 trips, I asked for a nice room and received GREAT ones. I also tip who ever is checking me in. I have gotten my room right then at 10 in the morning. Six Bistro has good food. Also ate at the Buffet at Ceasers for brunch. Was very good, but price was a bit high. We had a coupon. We usually go for 3-5 days & always use coupons for all our meals. (Ebay has coupons)

Room Tip: Ask for Ruby Room in Claridge, & rooms on the corner are quiet. Use A/C Fan to muffle noise &am...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

as usually the shortsightedness of the casinos never stop to shock me.

you would think that after the storm there would be some kind of promotion for