“Not bad”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I came here for a day. I loved that the hotel was right on the boardwalk. I stayed in the Dennis Tower.Our rm was a huge luxury suite with two separate rms. Very comfy and clean. The only issued I had was check in and check out the waiting time was long. When I checked in, there was a wait resulting in someone skipping my party and someone else behind us, when i preceeded to tell the clerk that those ppl who she had skipped the line, Jessica ignored us and said she doesnt deal with those issues.

1  Thank tainok
There are newer reviews for Bally's Atlantic City

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed at Bally's AC before and was not at all happy. But, for this trip, I decided to give them another chance and booked one of their updated Ruby Rooms at a higher rate, hoping it would be a better experience.

Arriving just after 1:00 PM, I had to pay an additional $10 to check in early (before 3:00 PM), and was given a classic room (when I'd already paid the higher rate for an updated room). Once that was straightened out, I was placed into a Ruby Room - which was a joke. These rooms are not worth the money and I will not stay here again.

Walls are so thin, you can hear conversations from the neighboring rooms and everything that is happening in the hallways.

The employee at the front desk during check-in was very non-personal and had no emotion. The rest of the staff that we encountered during our stay were very friendly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Walls are so thin, you can hear all conversations from neighboring rooms and i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven W
Reviewed July 9, 2013

As a frequent traveler to Atlantic City, I have stayed everywhere, usually at Caesars which is great. On July 3rd I decided to go down for the holiday and could only get a room at Bally's, I had not stayed there in 10 years. They assured me I was in the luxury main tower, it was far from luxury. The room has not been updated in the last 10 years, everything was "old" with the exception of the new flat screen TV. I was told by others that the rooms in the "older" section of the hotel have been renovated and are much nicer. Several elevators in the luxury tower were not working and the ones that were, showed the wrong floor number when it stopped causing mass confusion, especially for older travelers. The only good thing about staying at Bally's is that it is next to Caesars. Also, room service does not start until 7:00 a.m., I need coffee earlier then that!

Room Tip: Don't stay in main tower.
2  Thank Brad J
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decided to stay here to celebrate our anniversary. My husband actually booked the room as a surprise since it was reasonable ($109.00 plus tax and some $10.00 fee). The check-in process was horrible. We arrived at Bally's at 6:00PM and had to wait in a line as long as a ride at Six Flags. Actually took 1 hour to get through. Check-in is at 4:00PM and there are signs posted indicating if you check in prior to 3:00PM, there is a $10.00 additional charge. Never heard of this at other hotels. Well the long line was not the worst part. Once we got to the front desk, we were told there were no king size beds available. Keep in mind, this room was prepaid and we requested a king bed. Well to accommodate our anniversary wish, the manager GRACIOUSLY offered to upsize our room to a suite for an additional charge ($25.00). We accepted since it was our anniversary and really had no other choice. The room was large and remodeled. The suite contained a separate living area with a TV in that room as well as the bedroom. We were told we had a courtyard view, but the window had NO view at all. It was completely frosted, so we couldn't tell where we were. This still is not the worst part. As I entered the shower, I saw a used bar of soap still in the bathroom. I was completely turned-off as this was an indication the bathroom had not been cleaned. I reported this to the front desk and housekeeping, but the damage had already been done. We were reimbursed for the additional upgrade fee, but this was no way to spend an anniversary.
Also the hotel lacks attention to critical details. Carts full of trash and utensels were left in the hallways and were not removed until early the next morning. Pay the extra money and stay at a more luxurious hotel. Bed was so uncomfortable. Too soft and lumpy. We thought we were actually in a waterbed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 100HappyTraveler
Reviewed July 8, 2013

For 375 dollars we got a 2 double bed room on July 4th weekend. We indicated there were 3 of us staying in the room

BUT you aren't allowed a cot because it's a fire hazard so one of us had to sleep on the floor. I guess a sleeping person isn't a fire hazard but a bed on wheels is.

One of the lights in our bedroom was out and didn't work. There was no pad or pen in our room. There were no pictures in frames. The paint was peeling, the carpet was old.

In the casino the blackjack table felt was old and faded. The carpets don't look like they were ever replaced. All of this and it was still impossible to find a table with less than a 15 dollar limit.

In the immortal words of John McEnroe "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS"

It's worth the extra dollars to stay at revel, harrah's or borgata. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go to another hotel
2  Thank Scollz
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I will start off by saying that this was a comp room, earned from my Total Rewards card. I don't always expect a great room with a comp, but I do expect cleanliness and a decent room. Check-in took over 30 minutes, which is ridiculous considering there were only 4 people ahead of us. We went to our floor and as soon as we stepped off the elevator there was dirt and trash from the elevator all the way to the door of our room, all over the floor. Right in front of our room door, in the hallway, was a coffee stirrer, an empty creamer container, a napkin, and a hair tie. Disgusting that the hallways are so dirty. There was even a housekeeper a few doors down, you would think she would have cleaned up all this mess. Now, the room-ugh. The beds were fairly clean but had very skimpy pillows, I think there were 2 pillows per queen sized bed. The other furnishings and the carpet were old, stained, and gross. There was no mini-fridge, the bathroom was so-so. I have stayed at other casinos on comp room nights and the rooms were great, very clean. Not so with Bally's, this will be my last time ever staying there, comp room or not. Be very careful when booking this hotel, what you see on the online pics is NOT what you get. Very disappointed. Will choose other accommodations next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Love staying here, room was clean, staff was very helpful and friendly. I really like the way Bally's is connected to Caesers so you don't have to go outside after dark if you want to go to another casino. Prices are reasonable. Love Johnny Rocket's for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple