“Pretty disappointed.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Pretty disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Me and some friends went to AC and got adjoining rooms. They stuck us in the old tower apparently because the rooms were ratty and VERY outdated. There is another part of the casino/hotel that is much newer and nicer. That is where you want to stay for sure

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,023)
  • Korean first
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This winter I stayed at all 3 towers of Ballys Casino Hotel. We've been taking 2 day trips to get away from a house preparing for a remodel. The wifi equipped Greyhound Luckystreak bus ride from NYC is painless--wifi modern buses which after the $25 casino credit cost less than the cost of driving.

The Dennis Tower I found to be confortable and attractive with both microwave & fridge. I like to have the option of a "tv dinner" meal on my trips.

The Ballys tower was also very satisfactory. It provided a very large room and most comfortable surroundings. The tower suffers from the nuisance and added security of a keycard operated elevator. I personally hate them, especially returning late with less than optimum fine motor skills. Its difficult enough to be able to manage the room door.

My last visit this Winter consigned me to the oldest tower the Carlyle which has generally bad reviews. The desk assured me I was getting an upgraded room. It was a very modern room, the decor a bit sterile for my tastes but very comfortable with great bedding and bath facilities
This visit was "comped" due to my gambling at the casino. I used the gambling credits from the bus and hotel packages and added a maximum of $6 per day of my own funds. .

I still have a "comp" for a buffet & hotel night in Vegas to use later this fall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bacc35
Belen,NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Bally's was a gem of a casino/hotel 25-30 years ago in AC. BALLYS and it's Wild West Casino, great food and entertainment. Now, they have essentially closed the Wild West, and the FAMOUS BUFFETT . TRULY a great loss for folks like me who always dined when there. I heard the Wild west casino was closed to make space for MORE SHOPPING....just what a destitute city and economy need. There are so many outlets now in AC and yet few people shopping. It takes a moron to build more shopping in a city that is already overbuilt with shopping.
As for the hotel, it it getting older and is not being updated. My room had drips in the bathtub;the faucet in the sink dripped. The shower has dirty on the floor. The views are great, the size of the room very spacious, the furniture layout excellent; but, the furnishing are now antiques, in need of repair. The doors are so old you can hear every one of the closing at 4 AM when folks come back from a night of partying. The OLD TV is actually about 15 or more years old. It works, but huge and cumberson in the cabinet. The PLAYERS LOUNGE CLOSES TWO nights a week, so folks like me had to go to another Harrahs property. The casual restaurant was closed by 11 PM. I was hunrgy and not many places to eat at midnight. Higher end Italian Restaurant, Steakhouse and Asian fusion restaurants are only opened certain nights.FOOD is overpriced. A Noodle eattery on the casino floor for the late night hunger pains. HARRYS seafood in the basement on the expensive sid also.
The linens were very thin, like celophane stretched on the bed, Pillows comfortable; temperature was had to control and felt stuffy. TV worked and there was a room safe, as well as a small frigde and coffee maker. At least the 2 serving of coffee were free. However, the internet fee and now the EARLY CHECK IN fee are not likely to encourage conventions to this site. Johnny Rockets and a RITAs are on the property.
Some one working there must own a carpet mill because the carpeting in the hallways are always being replaced. Now, we need someone to replace the plumbing fixtures and update lighting fixtures so you can read in your room at night after the sunlight is gone. I have stayed in all sections of the property over the past 25 years and find that maintenance is minimal on the sytems: actually, maintenance appears to be non existent. But, there is always new carpeting. The hotel also includes the rooms in the old CLARIDGE hotel acquired a few years back in the Bally's chain ; rooms are fresher than Bally's Dennis Tower, and worth staying if you are not visiting the casino. The pool area in the TOWER is in MAJOR NEED OF RENOVATIONS and UPDATING. Looks like the same plastic palm trees of 20 years go. MUSIC IN THE POOL area, however, was very relaxing and soothing. The outdoor deck is open in the summer for sunbathers and will be packed, I am sure, as in prior years. The SPA facility is aged and deserving of a facelift. DARK and DREARY describe the reception and seating area in the overall entrance way to the pool and spa. Fee charge for use of the spa. Fee waived if you are paying for services.
It kills me to see how this hotel, restaurants and spa were allowed to go into such disrepair. And, unable to check out with TV not available and the phone ( voice mail overloaded). The economy did not kill this hotel by itself; not enough money was but back into this property over the last 25 years to keep it competitve. FIX: not more shopping, but a facelift if the hotel wants to attract new conventions and conferences. Otherwise, the death knell has started.

Room Tip: Corner rooms in the tower great view of the ocean, city or bay. there are various room types in a nu...
2 Thank RainbowNM
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Recently I was at Bally's hotel and casino in Atlantic City, I had such a wonderful time, celebrating my Birthday, the hotel gave us wonderful service, room very clean and neat, people very corteus and I won some money at the casino, as well :-)
I would go back and recommended it.

PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed in the "Luxury Room" in the Dennis section. This room was anything but luxury. The room is very dark, the nicest thing I could say is I asked for ocean view and I was able to the see ocean. The room had minimal lighting which made getting ready even worse. The chairs and dresser shows wear and had scratches in it. There was not even bed spreads on the beds. It is a far cry from the rooms they show on their website. Would never go back there. Harrahs is always clean and well lit. The elevator for "guest only" that you need to use your key to, never put my room key in to get it to work. I would stay away if you can. Expect something out of the 70's, not well lit and not a place you want to put you clothes away. We never unpacked the. I felt better keeping our clothes in our suitcase.

2 Thank shelle37

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Bally's is a hugh property with two casinos and many resturants. I stayed in the Claridge Tower - which was dated but perfectly acceptable. The Claridge Tower is a long walk from everything but looked like the rooms have been redone. I will say- that all the staff I encountered were extremely professional and very helpful. If you are there to gamble - there are two casinos in Bally's and you can walk to Ceasar's without going outside. If you are there for the sightseeing Bally's is located at the center of the boardwalk so there is alot to see and do. I ate at two resturants both of which were excellent- Harry's Oyster Bar - which specializes in seafood - everything my party ordered was excellent as was the service. We also ate at 6ix: a bistro which has a large more varied menu and the food was excellent. The only negative of the trip was getting to and from the Phil. Airport you have to rent a car, which is fine - but I was surprised there was not an active shuttle business. I recommend you tour the area - Atlantic City has vastly improved since I was there in the 1980's. Great trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
West Chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Ballys is the venue for our annual conference, so I stay here once per year. Moved from the older Claridge Tower to the slightly better Dennis Tower, but next year may do something else. In my opinion a hotel that wants to attract the business traveler should not have a high daily fee for internet usage. That's an insult, especially considering how other business hotels provide great internet for no additional cost. This year I had a very quiet room, but could not get the room temperature right. The first night I had to set the thermostat at 61, and it took half the night to cool the room. The following day the maid set it back to 74 so I had to go through the process again. I tried putting the fan on constant speed, but the thermostat reset itself in the middle of the night.

On the plus side, the shower was hot and strong. There were plenty of power outlets all over the room. Bed was comfortable, and I felt secure in the quiet of the room.

My third morning in the room I returned to a toilet full of trash. Turns-out the maid decided to empty my bathroom trash into the toilet, and left it for me to flush. Fortunately the toilet did not clog, but in my many years of travel this was a first. Travel never gets boring.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay away from the elevators. Folks seem to forget you're trying to sleep when they...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business