Bally's Atlantic City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Beachfront
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$44
Caesars
  • Restaurant
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$75
BestWestern.com
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$76
Courtyard
$98
$75
$67
  • Pool
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$129
Travelocity
$159
10,092 results
All reviewsgarden towerwild wild westjohnny rocketsharry's oyster barbeach barocean viewslot machinestable gamesnice roomget awayballysboardwalkcasinofungamblingemployeesoutlets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2013

very nice hotel right on the boardwalk, the only negative i had was we tried to check in after 3:30 on saturday and the line was a mile long, it took almost an hour and we had to get to a wedding, they had 4 people waiting on people with an additional 4 to check in diamond club members that was completely empty, come on management lets solve this problem. the room was clean and so was the bathroom. everything you need is in the hotel which is centrally located.

Room Tip: ask for front ocean view not side view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Bally's Claridge tower was horrible. Carpet was so old & dirty we didn't dare walk on it without shoes. The arms of the two chairs were almost black with grime and sweat. Walls were streaked with nasty stains. Didn't dare take a shower because of the scary looking mold on the grout and tub. I think the TV was an actual antique. Slept fully clothed on the bed, not in it. Everywhere smelled like cigarettes. Forced to valet park because one garage was closed and the other couldn't accommodate a non-modified F250 pickup. Good thing I was there with buddies, my wife would divorce me if I tried to make her stay in a place like that. Was there Friday & Saturday night and paid about $350 for the (dis)pleasure. You've been warned!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Damon M
Reviewed May 12, 2013

To preface: I’ve been a loyal Total Rewards member at Caesars Entertainment for years. As you can see from my previous reviews, I have had good times, and I have had not so good times, but my last trip to Bally’s was so bad that I have completely given up on all Caesars Entertainment properties and have moved all of my casino play and future reservations to other properties.

I had a reservation for December 28 and 29th at Showboat (comped.) Eventually Bally’s became comped for those dates and since I like being at the Bally’s/Caesars complex I decided to change my reservation, switched me to Bally’s and extended my trip a day to check out on the 31st instead of the 30th.

Arrived in town on the 28th around 2 PM and went right to the Bally’s front desk to check in. I knew I would have to pay the early check in fee but wanted to make sure I secured a decent room (booked Bally’s Tower but have had issues in the past with having to fight to get it) and would not be stuck in the Claridge.

Got up to the counter, asked for a high floor and the clerk began writing down a room number and tower in the room key booklet. I saw it said Claridge and immediately said no, I don’t want that. She said to wait one second and went to the back. Literally one second later she came out with another woman, Mal something or another and she proceeded to tell me that the Claridge was all they had.

I informed Mal that they’ve pulled this before on me and I knew it was a lie. She was adamant it was not and they don’t lie to guests. I told her I knew different from my past experiences. I said I would take the Dennis or Garden but not the Claridge. I had drove 7 hours to get there and if they would have told me beforehand that they weren’t going to be able to honor my reservation I would have simply said fine, I’ll come some other time.

We went back and forth and Mal was not budging. She also claimed it was so busy she had just put a 7 Star guest in the Claridge (a line also used on me before.)

I relented, took the keys and went to the Claridge. The room was on the dirty side. The bathroom floor had a big caulk ring from where the toilet used to be, the lamp shade was cracked, the carpet was stained, etc.

I went about my afternoon and evening, and after dinner went up to my room to get something to drink. When I opened the door to my room I thought they had rented it out as a party hall. Music was thumping and yelling was going on in the room next door. It was only about 10:30 PM but I decided to call security anyway to give them a heads up that they might be needed later on. They told me 9 PM was “quite time” and I said I don’t mind if they go until 12 or so but after that they should take the party downstairs.

I went about gambling the rest of the evening and at around 11:45 and headed upstairs to go to sleep.

The noise had stopped and I was able to easily fall asleep. Fast forward to about 3:45 AM and all of a sudden the yelling next door began. I called security immediately and “officer” Watts said he would send somebody up. 4:10 rolls around and the yelling next door is still going on. All of a sudden somebody screamed out “Who’s got the weed??” Next thing you know there was marijuana smoke pouring through the connecting door and into my room.

I got dressed went downstairs to the front desk and told the guy (Dave, I think) what was going on (I had been up practically 24 hours at this point, drove 7 hours to get there, didn’t receive the room (or anything close to it) that I booked, was now woken up by a bunch of hooligans and have a room that reeks of pot.) He told me he would check on security and block a room off for me and to come by around 10 AM for assignment.

Back upstairs I went and the yelling and weed smoking was still going on. 4:45 rolls around and nothing has changed. I called down to security AGAIN and Watts proceeds to tell me that an officer came up, didn’t hear any noise and there was nothing they could do. Back and forth we went for a while, him claiming that they couldn’t tell where the noise was coming from and it was their policy not to knock on doors because if they knocked on the wrong door it could wake up another guest (I guess my unwelcomed wake up was just fine though!) He also said the marijuana scent could be coming from anywhere.

After thoroughly insulting my intelligence by telling me the weed scent and noise might not be from next door I proceeded to tell him I knew the weed was from next door because they were yelling about who had it and then I offered to put the phone up against the door for him to hear the noise. He declined. I told him I would call AC PD for the illegal drugs and he told me to go ahead.

Hung up with him and the “guests” next door yelled out that the Dominos guy was waiting in the lobby with the pizza (munchies, I suppose.) I called Watts back and told him to watch the hallway camera so he could see them coming out of the room and thus have proof for his sweet little self that it was indeed that room. He told me there are no cameras in the hallways of the Claridge Tower. SAY WHAT?!?? I told him to have the director of security call me the next day, offered to give my phone number and he said he already had all my information. You guessed it- I’m still waiting for the call.

Finally at around 5:15 a security officer did end up knocking on the door and told them to quiet down (Daniels, I do believe.)

5:30 rolls around and they are still going (albeit quieter) and then decide to smoke a few cigarettes (all in non-smoking rooms, mind you)

I was running on about 5 hours of sleep when my neighbors woke up (they obviously run on Energizers) around 9 AM and the yelling began again. Every profanity imaginable, sex talk, etc.

Threw on some clothes and went to the front desk for the room change. Had the misfortune of speaking with Marie who was less than helpful. She told me Dave didn’t block the room but only made a “note” about our conversation earlier that morning. I start telling her the whole story starting with the drive up, the switching of the room, the weed, etc. and she proceeds to interrupt me after practically every sentence. I had to ask her multiple times “Can I speak?!”

I told her again about the lying on available rooms and she told me they don’t lie. She said the Dennis, Garden and Bally’s Towers are reserved for Diamond and 7 Star guests. I told her that Mal told me the day before that she was putting 7 Star members in the Claridge. Marie said “Well, she shouldn’t have said that!” Oops! Guess they can’t keep up with each other’s lies.

She ended up giving me a $50 casual dining credit on my room. I told her I was contemplating disputing the charges with AMEX. She told me I couldn’t do that because they were taxes. I told her it wasn’t all taxes and she said it’s a $5 tax for this, $5 for that and a $3 room fee. I told her, “exactly!” she then proceeded to say “Well, why do all that for $3” I told her it wouldn’t just be for $3, I’m staying for 3 nights so it would at least be $9. She told me that there was nothing wrong with the other nights yet so I couldn’t do that. (Great customer service- argue with the guest who’s been awake all night, subject to pot, and cigarette smoke in their non-smoking room, and drove 7 hours to get there only to be told that what I reserved they wouldn’t give me!)

Anyway, she told me to call back between 1 and 3 PM for the new room.

I did also mention to her I wanted to speak to the hotel manager. Marie told me she would be in around noon. Come to find out the person in at noon was not THE hotel manager, just a shift manager. I told Marie I wanted the BIG hotel manager, not just the shift manager. She told me I had to go up the chain of command. I guess the hotel manager is too busy sitting in her ivory tower to be bothered with guests.

I called Bally’s at 2:15 and they said the room was ready. Schlepped all the way back and was told “Oh, the room’s not ready.” What? WHAT?!?????? I was just in utter shock. Really dumbfounded.

Finally the clerk found a room, I asked if it was connecting she said yes, I said no, I don’t want that, I just dealt with a bunch of raging pot heads all night and I want a room with no connection. She then tried to give me one across from the elevator. I told her I need a QUIET room! She said that’s all she said. Finally she looked some more and found one at the end of the hallway with no connection.

Got up to that room and there was a cat pee like scent. The housekeeper was still in the hall and I got her spray and sprayed the room which didn’t really help. The one lamp in this room didn’t work, the other flickered on and off, the bathroom plug was covered in filth, the knob of the one switch was broken off and the shower didn’t drain. I was literally scared that the tub was going to overflow when I showered! There was no picture in the bathroom, just hooks in the wall where it used to be. The bed skirts were missing, just two bare boxsprings. The only good thing about this room was that it was indeed quiet.

I’ve never had such a miserable experience in any hotel, ever. Between the lies told at the front desk, the inept security, and the dirty, beat up rooms, I will never return. As I said at the start of this review, I have been a loyal Total Rewards member for years and have even wrote good reviews on Bally’s before, but after this stay it is obvious that Bally’s has no regard for their guests and simply doesn’t care. It is embarrassing not only for Bally’s (which used to be the crème de la crème of Atlantic City,) but for Caesars Entertainment, and most of all the city of Atlantic City.

Coming off of years of experience with them, trust me when I say to avoid Bally’s at all costs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GardeniaPalm
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went midweek.. on a Wednesday paid for an upgrade ( Ruby Room ) and the additional charge for early check-in but, the Check- in lady.. still gave me a room that was eye level to the Roof of the Marquee. Not very nice but, i went back down and spoke with a different check-in associate and was given a room change ( thank goodness ) that was much much better. Thank you. The staff was hard to gauge .. they were either very friendly or rude.. the room was really nice except the silver plastic school chairs.. they are pretty sad and pathetic. Hotel entertainment, Bars and Casino all great though. So, not too bad.. i guess - recommended.. C+

Room Tip: Don't take room # 936 it's eye level with the Roof of the Marquee
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2013

After reading 100's of bad reviews online, every day I was closer & closer to cancelling. My hubby insisted we just see 4 ourselves. I usually go to Showboat, but decided it was a little too far & wanted to be in the middle of tthe boardwalk. Now it was a little wierd to get charged a deposit, but it was only $35, so no biggie. Upon check -in I received an upgrade to the Dennis Tower,which was average, but I had a great view!! but nothing like what the online reviews said. It wasn't filthy and dingy, it was average, nice sized room, flat screen tv,mini fridge ,hair dryer,ironing board..u know at some ac hotels, u dont even get those amenities, so After staying my 3days ,I decided to extend my stay and add on my Friday, the staff was extremely helpful in resolving my issue, since I had gotten one king bed,instead of two queens.. they switched my room and gave me a discounted Friday night. I can say tht I was pleased with the helpfulness of the staff, I did ok in the casino, drink ordering system was better than usualy ordering from a waitess & never getting your drinks. I would say they were 4of 5 and def go again,recommend a try for urself..

• Stayed: May 2013