“Dirty Dishes and garbage in the hall for 2 days.”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed March 21, 2013

About 1 1/2 weeks ago we went to Atlantic City for a few days. We took my husbands parents down to get them out of the house for a while. When we got there we checked in and got two rooms a floor apart in the Clairage tower. They did not have handicapped rooms, so we went to the first on which was at the far end of the hall. It was a medium sized room with two double beds. As we walked down the hall we noticed two room service cart in the hall with garbage and dirty dishes on them. My father in law is 93 and doesn't walk well. So we went to the second room. It was a floor up but was across the hall from the elevator. That room was a nice size with a kingsized bed in it and a great view of the ocean and Park Place. We let the elders have that room and took the other one. Over the next two day, the amount of dishes and garbage continued to pile up on the carts. I finally called a couple hours before we left, but they were still there when we left the hotel. The one bed in our room had a piece that stuck out from below the mattress that had a sharp corner on it. I hit it with my ankle and cut myself. I reported that too, but don't know it that was fixed.

I must say that the front desk staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were well cleaned. But the double beds had kingsize sheets on them so that they were dragging on the floor. The food court in the hotel was fair and over priced. The corner cafe was not good. They served dried out microwaved waffles that were awful. The little snack bar next to it was better. We used the pool, which was an additional $5 per person. We did get a good deal on the room, so I didn't mind the extra charge.

I don't often go to Atlantic City, but I was disappointed in the run down appearance of the hotel. The casino was nice and the Johnny Rockets had decent food for the price. But it is apparent that Atlantic City is past it's more recent resurgence.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks Park Place
1  Thank morningskywoman
Write a ReviewReviews (9,656)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before and was never disappointed until now!
The hotel's best feature is it's location, right at the center of the Boardwalk.
The staff and maids are very courteous and friendly and overall Bally's is not a bad place.
The problem is that I upgraded my usual hotel tower location to the Dennis Tower. I paid extra to be in the Dennis Tower, I paid extra again to upgrade my room to a Luxury, Deluxe room and on top of that, they charged me extra because we were there earlier than the 4 o'clock check-in time.
I guess I expected more for what I was charged.
Dennis tower is obviously the oldest and has not been updated as the other towers have been. I wish I new that before I booked there. The hallways were worn and dark with marks all over the walls. The carpeting and furniture were old and worn. The dresser had holes in the top where something was mounted once, but at least the room was clean. Forget about having any kind of view.
If I ever stay there again, I will stick to the Claridge or Bally's tower.

Room Tip: stay away from Dennis Tower.
2  Thank 100west
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great location right by the rainforest cafe which me and my party ate dinner at, Johnny rockets is right downstairs were they have endless fries which u can take the fries on the boardwalk and throw them at your partners feet as a joke so the seagulls will chase em haha jk,the spa with the hot tub and heated pool was really nice and the gym is better than most of the casinos,security was even friendly and very informative when asked any questions!I would definitely stay again because the rooms were clean and the beds and pillows were soft btw you only need one pillow that's how soft they are lol the shower was really good because it the shower head was adjustable for my height im 6'3 and the toilet was decent too everything was very clean,!stay here if you can its nice!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at Bally's Casino this past Friday night and was really surprised how nice it was. When we checked in the person at the counter was very nice and curtious. She put us in the Dennis Hotel part of Bally's which was much better than I had expected. Room was big and very clean. I
have heard that it wasn't the best place to stay at, but I would stay again and would reccomend it to others. We will stay again.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed if you ask for the Dennis Rooms of Bally's
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This stay was by far the WORST experience I've ever had!! I stayed in the Dennis rooms, the walls were paper thin I could hear everyone in the rooms around me. I called the front desk to be moved todo another room and the girl at the desk said "oh well" .. By far the worst customer
Service. I still cant beleive I paid over $400 for this horrible experience I wouldn't stay at Bally's Ac if they gave me a free room!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Despinavs
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed 3-15 16 17-2013 Read a lot of bad reviews but i was highly impressed. Booked a classic in the claridge cause it extended our vacation 2 days for 30 a night. Was ready for a nightmare but was pleasantly surprised. They gave us a ruby room on the 19 floor. It was by elevator but noise was not bad. The room was VERY clean but bathroom was small. We had a great view of the ocean. The casino was fun and clean. We also had great drink service. We had a good lunch at Sack-o-Subs. I had a chicken salad club. GF had a chix salad club wrap. They took 1 to 1 on RC. On our last night we drank a lot and hit good on a few slots. We went back to room around 3 am and not wanting to get up and drive later I went down to front desk to pay for another night. Front Desk lady was so nice. Smily and bubbley at 3 am. She did a quick check then told me she could COMP US THE ROOM!! I was so appreciative. She went to talk to manager and came back with my new room keys in a matter of min. What a great stay. I would recomend this Hotel. One recuring proplem I have heard on the TA forum is even if you reserve a Dennis they may still put you in the Claridge. Print out a room conformation and insist on the room you booked!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We are frequent casino junket travelers and usually stay at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City but this time we decided to try Bally's and were a bit apprehensive from reading the comments of other reviewers. BUT, we ended up with a most enjoyable stay! We were greeted by a very gracious rep and were delighted to find our Tower room very spacious and clean. The hotel amenities were as expected at a Total Rewards property and the layout of the hotel in conjunction with the casino was very easy to maneuver. There were great stores to shop in and many choices for good food. There was entertainment in the main lobby lounge area that kept us quite entertained while playing slots. The overall service was excellent and we will definitely stay again and again. Don't let a few bad reviews spoil the truth because with all the activity these resorts get, there are bound to be some unpleasant issues and people who no matter how nice it is still can't be pleased. I can only tell you that our experience was super and I've been going to AC for over 10 years. Just ask for a room in the Ocean Tower and try not to be put in The Claridge Tower because it's very old and in need of a major upgrade.

• Stayed: March 2013