“Descent in Atlantic City” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Descent in Atlantic City”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

There are many different areas of this hotel. The Ridge (old Claridge) is redone but a little walk from all the action. The Dennis Towers are directly in the middle. Rooms need some updating but we were in room 355, after having an issue with a noisy neighbor in the Ridge room we asked for another room. It was very large and clean. As with many AC hotels it needs some "2013" design.

Room Tip: Ask for Dennis Tower and for a larger room. Some rooms are smaller than others in the same area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linjmit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,632)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The Bally's in Atlantic City has definitely seen better days. We stayed there recently for a conference being held in town and got good rooms rates. However on arrival we were shocked at the low quality of the hotel. The elevator area had walls that were scraped, marked and just looked in need of a serious repair. Our room was done in a modern decor but had very little lighting and only one plug outlet that was accessible without moving pieces of large furniture. The bathroom was tiny and the water did not drain quickly leaving a backup in tub and sink. My colleagues in another part of the hotel had the same problem, so it wasn't just our room. The location is right on the 'strip' and on the beach, but if you have the money, even the Tropicana down the street is worth the bit extra.

• Stayed March 2013
East Windsor, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although this was a comp stay I was still very disapointed. We arrived later in the day about 7:15pm. Check in took until 8pm with only 1 window open for regular guests. While the beds were comfortable, the carpet is disgusting. The bathroom has odd lighting, one of two lamps in the room didn't work. The ice machine was broken as well. The room was to be non smoking which it was but the walls were yellowed and gross. We were on the 17th floor; the elevators sound like they need major work. We also found random rolls of toilet paper in the hallway. Because it was a week night most restraunts closed at 9. We ended up eating pizza and subs from Taste of the Shore which was very good. Maybe I've become too picky as I get older but I will not be staying here again, comp or not.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Medford, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Avoid this hotel at all costs......even if they offer a free room!!! It is not worth the frustration. The check in line was 1 1/2 hours, almost causing a riot, the elevators didn't work, and the rooms were worse than a youth hostel. And you wonder why AC is losing money every month? If you want a hotel close to Boardwalk Hall spend the extra money and stay at Caesars.

2 Thank IrishMiller

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Wilmington, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A week ago my wife and elderly mother-in-law reserved two "comp" rooms at Bally's in Atlantic City. I asked to have the rooms close to the elevators since my mother-in-law is 92 years old and uses a walker. They said no problem. However when we arrived we we told we were bumped into the old Claridge hotel tower which is a considerable walk from the Bally's lobby. When I explained about my mother-in-law's handicap they said they have the right because it is printed on our reservation. This was said very coldly and without concern about a senior's health.

Not know to us was the fact the hotel had booked a NJ PBA convention and they got first choice for the closer rooms. They knew of this convention for a while and should have explained the possibility of our rooms being moved. If we would have known we may have reserved rooms at another hotel.

My mother-in-law labored moving back and forth and a few times decided to stay in her room where we brought her food and drink.

The moral of the story is check to see if your rooms may be bumped and if so have a back- up plan. And don't think that the big ol' Hotels will have any concerns about the safety and health of you or your party.

Netcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed in Bally's AC in late January for a training seminar. As a frequent visitor of Atlantic City, I must admit that I usually do not patronize Bally's as the last time I was there it seemed pretty shady. This time, everything seemed "different". Check in was easy and the staff were friendly. Lots of security everywhere. I requested a high level room and was accommodated with no problem. My room was very comfortable, updated and very clean although there was some mildew around the tub caulking that could have been easily cleaned by housekeeping, if they wanted to. The only restaurant I ate at in Bally's was the 6IX Bistro. The food was good but the prices were a bit high for just standard diner quality eats. The Casino seemed a bit small for the overall size of the resort but I didn't play here so I can't make an accurate comment about it. I would stay at Bally's again if the price is right due to it being pretty much smack in the middle of the boardwalk and the city. Everything you pretty much need to do in Atlantic City is within walking distance. Good Job Bally's! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Higher floor in the main tower.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lavallette, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I also stayed at Bally's from March 8th to March 10th for the NJSIAA wrestling tournament. I usually stay at the Chelsea, but decided to try Bally's because of its close proximity to Boardwalk Hall. The line to check in at 4:30 pm was ridiculous. It looped around the bar area. I left my bags with the bell captain and attended the tournament until approximately 9:45 pm. I came back to Bally's to attempt to check in again. The line was still long. I didn't check in until approximately 11:15. This is utterly inexcusable when the hotel knows that it is solidly booked. They must have overbooked as a friend of mine complained that they had given her room away. I wound up eating dinner at 11:30 in Nanking where the food was good. Luckily, I wound up in a room that had been done over. It was very modern and spacious.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly redecorated room.
    • 2 of 5 stars