“Pretty good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Bally's on a comped weekend which usually doesn't happen. We had a room at the Bally's tower and it was nice. Good size comfy beds and for free what else can you ask for. Casino is nice and it's in a great location.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Nick2381

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,023)
  • Korean first
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Im not even sure if anyone at Caesars Ent. reads reviews on here, but my partner and I used to frequent AC a lot, and often chose Ballys because we liked the service and the rooms, but on our last visit, it just seems as if Caesars Ent. is giving up on AC. Maybe its all the local casinos being built in PA and NY? I dont know. The rooms are okay considered they were "free". We are platinum players.

We always liked the Ballys tower and always knew to steer clear of the dreadful Claridge tower.....one time staying there and I told them never to put me there again...anyway, our room was on a high floor, which I like, unfortunately facing the city, so no nice ocean views for us. No big deal. It just seems as if they have done nothing in the years we left AC to improve the rooms. We found furniture beat up, mold in bathroom, and just general disrepair...everything worked, though.....barely.
Still had an old non HD television....I dont even know anyone who still even has those...but as if that matters anyway, since you never can watch the channels they have anyway. Most of them are either CNN, some news channel, foreign channel, or caesars advertisement. That always bugs me the most. Why dont they have any decent channels on their TVs? Its night time, I played enough in the casino, now I want to relax and enjoy some TV before bed. Is that hard to ask?

Room service-If you are able to get through to them, consider yourself lucky. I ordered a few times and had to call more than once to get anyone to answer. Normally its a monotoned person on the other end who sounds like they totally hate their job and you hope is actually writing your order down.....and of course the prices are outrageous despite the room charge and other fees they add onto it. The only easy thing about the trip was checking out and leaving, They seem to make it a breeze to charge your card and tell you to get out.

Ballys needs to up the game....

Room Tip: Stay away from the Claridge!!
4 Thank tennboy1981
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent one nihgt before the Xmas holiday at the Ballys Hotel and Casino in AC. It was a trip of six guys to gamble and watch football before the holiday family time kicked in. I normally stay at Borgata, but chose this property to be in the same area as the other guys who were split between Ballys and Ceasar's. I travel to AC at least 4x-6x a year.

I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and found a fairly bustling lobby. The check in line was a bit daunting but once I got into the line, I found that it moved fairly quickly. While in the line, a front desk manager came out to announce that the hotel was waiving its "early check-in fee" for that afternoon as we were all in line before 4PM. ( It was about 2:45pm) This was a complete turn-off to the hotel and something I had never heard of before. I nver heard what the fee amount was to have been, but thought it a gratuitous gauge of customers. The announcement was made as if they were doing people a great favor and was really obnoxious.

Beyond that, I had a nice sized room in the Tower Building. it faced the ocean and was very comfortable, though I spent less than six hours in it over the 18 hours I was there. My only complaint would be that the walls/floors seem a bit thin as I could hear footsteps and movements from other rooms when i went to bed. We also had dinner in the restaurant on the lower level. The clams and drinks were a big hit with our little group. I also thought the front desk staff and casino staff were friendly and well trained.

I would return with my wife just because she would like the size of the room and the proximity to Ceasar's Pier shops. But I guess we would arrive late to avoid any fees for being early.

Room Tip: Stay in tower building facing ocean
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Farmerica
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is horrible! We arrived on 12/23/12 as I booked a ruby room which is in the claridege tower for our Christmas getaway. What a big mistake this was. We were given non-smoking room 934 and as soon as I stepped on that elevator I knew this would not be good. The halls are dark and dank with a musty smell. I opened the door to 934 and the first thing I noticed was a faint odor of cigarette smoke. The room was like being in a smoking port-a-potty!! I immediately went back down to the hotel check-in desk and politely explained the condition of the room and was "upgraded" (her words) to the tower room 2238. By the way total check in time was 4 hours - UGH. I opened the door and was pleasantly surprised. I walked in the bathroom - which by the way looks absolutely beautiful but on further inspection noticed the shower stall had a thick coat of shower scum and the shower head was filled with what looked like mold and some kind of black gunk - YUCK. I would never ever ever return to this dump!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. I've never had a problem at the Hilton.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SoRoyal

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is less family friendly as the W in Times Square. Too trendy, at least in the Claridge Tower. Plus, it's almost all casino. One casino is all black walls and the other is in the dead center of the lobby. If you have any choice, chose the Trump, or even Harrah's over this.

The best way to describe the rooms in the once nice Claridge, filthy. They were dusty and dirty and the sheets had stains. The room was the worst part pf the hotel.

As far as service goes, there is hardly any service. The staff is rude and, I don't know but I am guessing, unionized. The only service is opening your car door when you leave.

My reccomendation is to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not the Claridge
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Matthew B
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The only thing I can complain about was the check-in line. Check in was at 4pm...I arrived at 4:30 and it took an hour. Seemed like the check-in are was understaffed all weekend long! The room I stayed at was at the garden tower on the 16th floor. The carpet walking to my room was stained and old and I was starting to have doubts, however, once I got to the room, it was obvious it was renovated over the lat few years. Very nice bathroom are and tv in the mirror. Bed was soft, but had no issues sleeping on it. Nice size room.

I really liked how easy it was to walk to the parking lot,Ceasars and the pier shops without going outside at all. The shops in the lobby were nice and the staff from the housekeepers to the bathroom attendants were su

Room Tip: Garden Tower was private. You had to place your card in before elevator can move.
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Reserved with Bally's, so I thought we'd be staying AT Bally's. Our room was in the "Claridge tower". The room, bathroom and beds were smaller than expected. Also the room wall are paper thin. Traveling during the Christmas season we expected to see lots of children; but I didn't want to share a room with them. Our "next door neighbors" had a couple of kids with them and blasted (or at least it seemed like the TV was uncommonly loud) Disney musicals until 1am. When I called the front desk to get another room I was told to call back tomorrow. When I went to the front desk the next morning after what I thought was the worst attempt at a good night sleep EVER; I was told that the family checked out so there would be no reason to change rooms. Of course our new neighbors were a group of ladies celebrating something. So of course no sleep because of the party next door.

Besides the accommodations, we did try to use the amenities which were all located in the Bally's building so we had do some creative elevator changes and some additional walking to get to the pool. Thank goodness we brought money because we had to pay to use the pool, even though we were staying there.

I hadn't been to Atlantic City in years opting to travel to warmer climates during the winter so I was in prepared for all the "extra" charges for hotel amenities. If I was a gold or diamond rewards member then I am sure things would have been better, but I'll never find out.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family