“Ballys tower was safe!!”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Ballys tower was safe!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

After reading a ton of horrible reviews on here I was extremely skeptical about staying at Ballys. The only reason I did stay at Ballys was becaus it was cheap and close to revel with surrounding casinos being sold out.
When I got to the hotel the front desk was extremely pleasant and assured me that my room would be fine and not as horrible as read on trip advisor. When I got up to my room I did a full inspection. The room wasn't bad, slightly dated but AC has been around for a long time. The only reason i gave 4s in certain categories was because I did find a bunch of hair on the mattress and the sink in the bathroom was dripping wAter constantly. other that that I enjoyed staying at Ballys and would stay there again!!!

1 Thank Pheabe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,195)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to atlantic city for our annual christmas vacation we decided to stay at the Ballys cause they was giving us a free luxury room. When we arrived there was only one check in person and even though we was waiting in line for a while and every time we were suppose to be next we got pushed to the side cause a platinum guest have just arrived. When we finally get to the clerk they tell us our "luxury" room is only available on the main floor with ocean view. When we arrive in the room is so dark and small it look like a shoebox, the beds were overslept (i sat down on them and literally fell off) and our ocean view u had to almost brake your neck to see it. So we decided to upgrade at the rate of 150 dollars more for both nights they only move us 1 floor up. they gave us a junior suite with ann extra room with a pull up bed. The sofa bed was so hard we slept in the floor instead and put our kids in the bed, the linens were broken, the heater didnt work, the bathtub was clogged up and the water was as dirty as the sea after a storm. when housekeeping came to fix the room she clean the bedroom and didnt even bother with the sofa bed not even changing the sheets or the pillows that smell like hospital people. I will never stay at this resort again even though Im a Atlantic City regular next time i will rather stay on a cheap motel than an worn out hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lachichi81

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We traveled with 4 children. We were told that the family fun center is open, it wasn't. We had to pay extra just to walk into the pool center and the indoor pool is not heated. You also have to pay extra for wifi. Supervisors do not return phone calls. We will not be staying at Ballys again.

1 Thank LizC1969
New York
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've been to Atlantic City many times and knew what to expect when I made a reservation at Bally's. I used HotelTonight which had a rate of $44 after taxes. For any reservation, unless you specifically book a Dennis, or Tower room, you will receive a room in the Claridge Tower. The Claridge was a former hotel/casino that Bally's bought back in 2002 and is used for its hotel rooms only.

The Claridge Tower hotel rooms are basically good for a nights sleep and a shower. The TV is a old tube TV, my window view was inland of the roof (other rooms may have a ocean view), the room itself was small and dirty, and the bathroom is tiny. I had low expectations, and they were met. The only issue was a small bug in the tub, that was easily washed down the drain. The walls are thin, and I heard plenty of noise in the hall and rooms next door.

Tip: Check-in is at 4pm and they will try to charge you $10 or so if you want to check in early. At 4pm there was a line to check-in that took forever as there were only 2 people staffing the desk.

The Claridge Towers are functional, and worth it for under $50. If you want something a bit nicer in AC, there are several options, with the Dennis and Tower rooms being newer and much nicer. The location of Bally's is convenient, and the 24 hour bar in the Wild Wild West has cheap rounds, which makes for a great nightcap. Overall, I came in with low expectations and got what I expected.

Room Tip: Ask how much it costs to upgrade to the Dennis/Bally s/Tower and consider the upgrade if the price...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eric E
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Currently waiting in line. We have already waited over 25 min to check in. The poor lady about ten in front of us is getting charged 10 extra dollars for checking in before 3 pm. It is 258 pm. Unbelievable. This is service? The service agent responds to the customers concern with " i dont make the rules i follow them." Upper management, what are you thinking? To all others be ware. If they care about 2 minutes and 10 dollars think about all the other corners they are cutting. Im done with this guy.

Stayed December 2012
4 Thank chettag
Runnemede, New Jersey
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Even though my reservation was for one of the "Dennis" rooms which are older but still nice, they put me on the 27th floor in a corner room of the "Tower" which has their nicest and newest rooms. The views were excellent. Even though this room was on the back side of the tower facing the city, because it was a corner room there was also an ocean view.The room was very spacious and the bathroom was very nice with a separate shower and a luxurious bathtub. The bed was very comfortable. There was also a small refrigerator, which is relatively rare in Atlantic City hotels. The only negatives were that theTV was one of those old 20th century non-flatscreen models! and the high fee for wi-fi. Also, the door to the room didn't seem to have a deadbolt and was paper thin noisewise. (Even though you couldn't hear anything at all from the neighboring rooms, I was awoken more than once by the loud, noisy idiots in the hall).

Room Tip: Corner rooms in the tower are best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Vegas Vick
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

A group of friends and I stayed there a few weeks ago and when one of my friends entered their room they found a "big brown roach" in the shower. When we informed the front desk of this disgusting encounter they did not apologize their attempt to fix the situation was to assign my friends to a room which was a step down from the previously assigned bug infested room.

The rooms are old with brown wood panel beds and lets not mention the ancient Zenith TV's were horrible.

Instead of a phone call to check out in the morning the room service maids bang on your door and walk away.

I typically do not write reviews but I must share with you that was by far the worse AC hotel experience ever!

2 Thank PeopleHelper