“Great casino, great spa, filthy rooms...what a shame.”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I come to this Hotel often, because I enjoy the spa and really like the casino and the location right on the boardwalk, but I am really dissapointed in the housekeeping lately and have noticed that a lot of the areas of the hotel are being allowed to become somewhat run down. For instance, I booked into the Ruby Rooms only to be put over in the Dennis Tower. My room was dirty. I called the front desk and was placed on hold for more than 10 minutes only to be disconnected. I finally went down and was told I'd be charged for an upgrade to be put into the Bally's tower. I asked for a manager and told him that I'd just spent several hundred dollars in their salon, I wanted a clean room in another part of the hotel. The wallpaper in the elevator was peeling and it had a bad odor. Finally they put me up in the luxury tower and if I had paid for an upgrade, I would have been livid. There was hair on the floor, ashes on the floor and to top it off, the pool was closed! Going back in January...staying at another hotel.

Room Tip: DO NOT under any circumstances let them put you in the old Claridge tower...it is dated and dirty!
1  Thank lilgoyl67

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recently stayed in the Claridge tower at Bally's . I was very disappointed. The room, the elevators and the halls were very seedy and old looking. They had definitely seen better days. Even the restrooms on the casino floor were in disrepair. With so many hotels to choose from in Atlantic City, I would never go to Bally's again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different tower of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Grace J
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We usually stay at one of the Total Rewards casinos (Ballys, Harrahs, Showboat, Caesars) but usually it's Harrah's. This time we decided on Bally's. I'm not a huge fan of the casino mostly because it's small, their Keno machines pay out half of what other casino's pay and Rapid Roulette is never open. Nonetheless, we settled on Bally's. The rooms are big, nicely decorated and the beds are comfortable. TV is a large flat screen. The bathroom is roomy with a large stall shower. Most importantly, the room was clean and quiet. We would definitely stay here again. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aimee_Randy09
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed here several times on my visits to AC and the rooms are pretty nice. Most of the rooms are clean in the tower but the rooms in the other parts of the hotel are a little run down from the age.

The check-in is a bit slow and I think that there can be a better system implemented to make this process go by faster, the second time I was there I had to wait about 1 hour in line to check in! I was soooo annoyed with that and I got a room that I did not book.

The reservations are not guaranteed, the are pretty much, first come first serve because I have booked the suites the last 2 times and have not yet gotten one due to the unavailability of it which is fine but I would like to stay in one at least one of these days.

The casino is nice and the same as any casino on the strip although they need more Pai Gow tables!!

Overall, not a bad place to stay in AC.

1  Thank Sars04
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went with my boyfriend on Dec 3, 2012. When we recieved our room 2088 the lights didn't work. So I called front desk and they sent someone within 15 minutes. After maintaince left my boyfriend told a joke that there's a cockaroach behind me and when I looked there really was one. So we went to gamble so later on in the night I found another one. When I finally went to sleep, my boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night with a funny feeling. Then he seen another cockaroach running across the tv. I will never stay at BALLYS AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at BALLYS!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nia r
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Last time I stayed here was over 10 years ago and I always enjoyed my stay when I came here twice a year for five years. I was concerned after reading reviews that things had gone downhill, but that wasn't really the case. I stayed on the casino level, the rooms may be a bit smaller but it was perfectly fine with a flat screen tv, seashell paintings, view of the wild west facade and if you turned your head far enough the ocean. The tub was a bit slow to drain, but not annoying enough to alert management. It was also a little strange that you need your key to open and lock the door. However the rooms were clean and even had a refrigerator.

I am sad that the 8th floor restaurants are gone (miss Animations!) and the lobby bar no longer offers seasonal drinks. The spa was also not as great as it used to be. The seven mini hot tubs are nice, but no all of them are turned on and the pool area closes at 6! For the extra charge to go in it should be open at least until 8 or 9 PM. The treatment rooms being in the locker room is also odd especially as there is not a separate locker room from the gym. And it was confusing finding out where to check in.

Although it's not exactly the Bally's I remember it is a fine place to stay for the money and I'm looking forward to coming back during the summer.

Room Tip: Casino level is conveniently close to everything. There is a door off the main floor to halls with...
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here during a conference.the rooms seems great at first, dated but nothing terrible for a 3 star hotel. Views were great but then it all wnt downhill. Long story short, spent the night killing one roach after another! 5 all together. Couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. I will never stay at this hotel and fully understand why this place is going the way if the dodo!

• Stayed: December 2012