WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
Baltimore, Maryland
“The hotel is ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed here several times on my visits to AC and the rooms are pretty nice. Most of the rooms are clean in the tower but the rooms in the other parts of the hotel are a little run down from the age.

The check-in is a bit slow and I think that there can be a better system implemented to make this process go by faster, the second time I was there I had to wait about 1 hour in line to check in! I was soooo annoyed with that and I got a room that I did not book.

The reservations are not guaranteed, the are pretty much, first come first serve because I have booked the suites the last 2 times and have not yet gotten one due to the unavailability of it which is fine but I would like to stay in one at least one of these days.

The casino is nice and the same as any casino on the strip although they need more Pai Gow tables!!

Overall, not a bad place to stay in AC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sars04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,797)
  • Korean first
Lakewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went with my boyfriend on Dec 3, 2012. When we recieved our room 2088 the lights didn't work. So I called front desk and they sent someone within 15 minutes. After maintaince left my boyfriend told a joke that there's a cockaroach behind me and when I looked there really was one. So we went to gamble so later on in the night I found another one. When I finally went to sleep, my boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night with a funny feeling. Then he seen another cockaroach running across the tv. I will never stay at BALLYS AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at BALLYS!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank nia r

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Last time I stayed here was over 10 years ago and I always enjoyed my stay when I came here twice a year for five years. I was concerned after reading reviews that things had gone downhill, but that wasn't really the case. I stayed on the casino level, the rooms may be a bit smaller but it was perfectly fine with a flat screen tv, seashell paintings, view of the wild west facade and if you turned your head far enough the ocean. The tub was a bit slow to drain, but not annoying enough to alert management. It was also a little strange that you need your key to open and lock the door. However the rooms were clean and even had a refrigerator.

I am sad that the 8th floor restaurants are gone (miss Animations!) and the lobby bar no longer offers seasonal drinks. The spa was also not as great as it used to be. The seven mini hot tubs are nice, but no all of them are turned on and the pool area closes at 6! For the extra charge to go in it should be open at least until 8 or 9 PM. The treatment rooms being in the locker room is also odd especially as there is not a separate locker room from the gym. And it was confusing finding out where to check in.

Although it's not exactly the Bally's I remember it is a fine place to stay for the money and I'm looking forward to coming back during the summer.

Room Tip: Casino level is conveniently close to everything. There is a door off the main floor to halls with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here during a conference.the rooms seems great at first, dated but nothing terrible for a 3 star hotel. Views were great but then it all wnt downhill. Long story short, spent the night killing one roach after another! 5 all together. Couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. I will never stay at this hotel and fully understand why this place is going the way if the dodo!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shustri
N Bellmore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I just sent a Saturday night at Bally's in AC. First let me say that the boardwalk survived superstorm Sandy. Now lets talk about our rooms. We arrived at 2:35pm and tried to check in. We were told there was a fee to check in early (check in isv3pm). We decided to wait and went to lunch carrying our bags with us. After lunch we checked in, got connecting rooms (there were 4 of us) and were excited that we would be able to hang together. We went to our rooms and what a disappointment. The rooms were old, shabby and not what we booked (we booked the Ruby Rooms). After a call to the front desk the issue was resolved. Very comfortable beds in the Ruby rooms so they were fine for the night. The casino was busy and people were smoking in both the non-smoking and smoking area with no one from Bally's saying a word to them. I do love the slot machines that you can order a drink directly from the machine. Overall an average hotel experience.

Room Tip: If you end up in the Claridge Tower be sure to get a Ruby Room or you will think you are in the Bate...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Karen D
Paterson, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

They will promise you a great experience and when you arrive is a complete mess. We were put in the Bally’s tower at first; room was not cleaned after last person checked out. Complaint at the front desk, at this time was giving a room at the Dennis Tower this was not much better just poor housekeeping everywhere. Rugs were filthy and room barely clean. After complaining for a second time we were put at the Claridge tower and we had the worst room ever. The room was TERRIBLE, just a bed with fitted sheets on top, no comforter, and 2 lumpy pillows.
Completely disappointed. Waste of money, paid too much for a dirty room.
At 9:30 am the maid knocked on our door when check out time wasn’t till noon. I would look for better accommodations next time.
I will never return to Bally's.

Room Tip: Location is OK, but hotel is dirty, rooms are small and smelly! Look elsewhere. Not what I expected...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank None171
Albany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I took a trip to Atlantic City the Sunday after Thanksgiving for a short getaway. We started planning it in October and were planning on paying $69 a night for a regular room at Bally’s but after Hurricane Sandy hit, the prices kept dropping and we ended up with an Oceanfront Suite for $42 a night.
For all you people that are afraid to go because of possible storm damage let me assure you, EVERYTHING IS NORMAL!! There was no damage to the boardwalk, all the shops are open, and all the casinos are open. The only difference is there are so few people there.
We stepped out to the boardwalk at 11am on Monday and there was hardly a person in sight.
The check-in at Bally’s was quick as there was no one in line. We were in our room in minutes. We had a room in the Bally’s tower. The room had a deep soaking tub and separate shower. There was a large king bed and 2 closets in the living room along with a small table and 3 chairs to eat breakfast at. The only disappointment was the old tube-style TV.
For dinner the first night we ate at Rainforest café next door at Trump Plaza and we had a great $10 lunch special at Trump the next day in the EVO restaurant. I had a large chicken parm and girlfriend had chicken marsala. Both were large and flavorful.
As for gambling at Bally’s, I played the Hangover slot for 3 ½ hours on $40 and then played some other slots and did not lose or win a lot. Drink service was very fast as there were few people there but in AC you have to pay for bottled beer even if you are playing. Most brands were $1 a bottle.
It was a very pleasant 2 night stay. Do not let the news reports saying Atlantic City is not open or has significant damage stop you from going. Atlantic City is still open for business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple