“Good Value for a resort hotel”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our annual convention site was changed from Tropicana to Bally's this year. A tremendous improvement. I was able to check in early. Room was large, comfortable and modern including a refrigerator. Staff was very helpful. Convention meals were good. I look forward to returning next year. Cost was reasonable for a resort hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rbmackey
Write a ReviewReviews (9,814)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived early evening and got the valet parking for only $5 for entire 3 night stay coz we are Total Rewards members which was good and convenient especially if you have baggages. Checking in was easy considering the number of people lined up that night. We were given a room at the Dennis tower and the room was spacious, clean, with fridge and large plasma tv. This was a really good deal considering that our stay was all from comps. The bed was astonishingly very comfortable. The sink was clogged after the first use but that issue was resolved easily. We called maintenance and they sent someone quickly to fix it. You can also easily hear the neighboring doors loud voices. Location is great. It is situated very conveniently on the boardwalk. Right next to Caesar's Palace and the Pier 1 shops. Walking distance to the the beach, Convention Center, Trump Plaza, ShowBoat Casino and several small shops along the boardwalk. There are also several restaurants to choose from the surrounding area. Try Harry's Bar located in the lower ground of the hotel. If you are there for sightseeing, fun and play, this location is great for exploring Atlantic City.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hanabanna23
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I live fairly close to Atlantic City, so when I go, I don't stay over often. However, when I have stayed over, it has mostly been at Bally's. I stayed once at Tropicana and was not as impressed as I have been with Bally's.

I have never had any major issues at Bally's.. I've been in several different types of rooms, mostly the newer-updated Dennis Tower. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the rooms have always been clean, and pretty spacious. Check in could be quicker, but what do you expect in Atlantic City when there are a ton of people in and out every day?

I have only had small problems twice: One of the times that I was there, we did have an issue where we were laying in bed and we heard a key being inserted into our door and the door opened. We immediately jumped out of bed and the woman at the door was shocked to see that someone was in the room. We called the front desk and they quickly reset the door codes and gave us new keys. One other time, we were woken up in the middle of the night by an extremely rowdy group in the room next door, screaming. We called the front desk again and just said they were a little bit too loud, and within five minutes we heard a knock on their door and security asking them to keep it down.

Overall, I'm very happy with my stays at Bally's and it is my first choice for accommodations when I know I will be staying overnight. I also recommend Caesar's, but it is much more expensive (Bally's rooms are often comped!)

Room Tip: The Dennis Tower was recently renovated, very nice rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our professional convention was switched from Tropicana to Bally's in Atlantic City this year. We booked through the professional organization and got a good room rate. We self parked-very easy and only $5 for our stay. Excellent. We checked in early, and there was a room available-excellent. We stowed our belongings and went to the convention. Sort of confusing directions to get to the actual convention site, but maybe it's our map reading skills. The conference room was cold, and the seminars interrupted by loud knocking and construction noise. The set up was uncomfortable, with speakers up front, the screen to the side and the seats way too crowded together. Back up to our room; the lamp between the beds did not work. We picked up the phone to call maintenance and the phone didn't work. We went to the front desk to report it and decided to walk on the boardwalk. Hours later, as we were getting ready for bed, maintenance came up to replace the bulb. Okay, we go to bed, get up early the next morning to get ready for day 2. As I'm getting dressed, I look over at my bed and see a huge bug crawling on it- the bed iI slept in all night. I squashed the bud and bagged it; we reported it to the front desk prior to the conference. The staff told us they'd make a note of it, but we should mention it again when we checked out to remind them to close off the room. When we checked out later, we brought the bagged bug with us. I will never voluntarily stay here again,, Unfortunately our conference will be held here next year. I hope we get a room in a newer section of the hotel. Overall not a great experience.
The one bright spot: a beautiful soul at Bistro 6ix named Ree Ree.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Dennis wing unless you like bugs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JerseyBeachMom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

For the most part it's a decent deal for AC b/c the prices are usually lower than for other casinos. A big pro is the location: it's basiclaly located right smack in the middle of the boardwalk so you're at the heart of AC. The 24-hr happy hour at Mountain Bar in Wild Wild West was a great addition couple years back. However, it's also probably the oldest casino that I've been to and you can tell by the little things. Had one terrible experience where some couple next door were fighting literally all night and kept me up. When I called security they said they'd handle it...and they never did.

Room Tip: get the Bally's tower--it's way better
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ppb2t
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Bally's is part of the "Total Rewards" family that includes Harrah's, Showboat, Caesar's. As part of their program they offer comp rooms to high (and low) rollers. I took advantage of this offer for two nights at Bally's. Their new policy is that if you arrive before 4pm, you have to pay an additional "early check-in fee". All hotels have check-in and check-out times. And late check-out does sometimes incur a fee. But in all my years of travel, I have never been charged for arriving early. After waiting in a very long line of other early check-ins, I was told "Yes, there are clean and ready rooms, but there is an additional fee before 4pm." Blatant greed! So I opted to wait till the appointed time, returned to wait on ANOTHER even longer line! All while carrying heavy luggage. Nice way to begin a get-away? No. And of course you must pay tax and other fees, that is understood. But $12.99/day for internet access? Lastly, I used a Total Rewards comp kiosk to print a parking voucher only to be told it was only good at Caesar's, not Bally's. To boot, the Bally's Total Rewards Desk said there was nothing they could do about it, I would have to return to Caesar's, wait on ANOTHER long line, and get it voided. So much for the TOTAL and the REWARD. On the plus side, the room was clean and spacious and the bed and bath were comfortable. But who needs the extra aggravation? Stop being greedy, Total Rewards! We are there to GAMBLE, not to be bilked by the hotel!

Room Tip: Get a corner room on a high floor - they are the more spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank papermoon4
Reviewed October 23, 2012

In the 90s when I was in my teens my mother received a free room from Bally's and we took advantage of it. I remember the beds being like bricks and overall it was a terrible time. Fast forwars to 2012. I took advantage of a free room offer that I received from Harrah's Philadelphia to stay at the Atlantic City Properities. I decided to give them a chance figuring that those old beds would be gone and replaced by something more comfortable and I was right. At first I was put off by the $10 plus tax early check in fee, which I'm assuming is Ceasars AC properities are now charging however that became less important as I got further into my stay at Bally's. The room that I stayed in was in the Claridge Tower, which as a teen I enjoyed the couple of times my family stayed there when it was the Claridge Casino. The room was small, but it didn't feel like it was due in part to the high ceiling. Aside from the size of the room it was comfortable and renovated within the past year or so and I was pleased. I did get a message at the Spa, which was enjoyable however I was disapointed that there was no hot tub like there are in most Spas. For dinner I ate at 6 A Bistro, which is the Cafe/Coffee Shop at Ballys and my dinner was excellent. I received a good deal of play in the casino, which made my trip more enjoyable. For breakfast I ordered room service, since judging by the line for dinner would have been a hour wait at either Johnny Rockets or 6 A Bistro. The prices for room service is comparable to the prices at 6 A Bistro, which is why I decided to do it. Overall Bally's exceeded my expectations and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family