“Stay away”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Stay away”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We received a comp room from our total rewards card, it was anything but a reward. We were put in the clairidge tower. The hallways were disgusting and smelt like urine, and our room was no better. It was dirty, stained, the lights barely worked, and the bathroom was awful! The sink was clogged and it hasn't been updated since the 70's. We asked to move, which must happen a lot, because we were abruptly told the hotel was overbooked and there were no room changes available. Awful! Stay away!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,370)
  • Korean first
Coxsackie, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and & I book a room at Bally's, was a little nervous due to bad reviews I had read about the rooms and staff. I was plesantly surprise that everything went well. The room was dated but very clean which is very important, the bathroom was also very clean. All of the staff were very polite and helpful.
We would definitely stay at Bally's again. You should not believe everything you read, everyone has different opions. You should give it try for yourself. We were in the Claridge Tower.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janice M
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Booked an online Dennis "Deluxe Luxury" room based on the description and photos. When I booked the room it said Ocean Front... I figured for $300 per night it would be just what was described. When we checked in, I asked to make sure we had ocean front and was told, "no we dont have any of those available." I explained that we were here for my wifes birthday and she really wanted ocean front. Asked for the manager, Chris Speziali came over and quite arrogantly told us we should have read the fine print that it was only a "request" and there was nothing he could do and he turned and walked away! I mean just turned his back on us and left us standing there. Oh well, they had our money so up to the room we went. Room that was described as "extraordinary" was anything but... Lamp shades ripped up, windows so dirty you couldnt even see the alley way outside. Bathroom was old with patches and rust on the ceiling. TV didnt work and when we called to have it fixed, they told us it wouldnt get all the channels... Thank God we are only here one more night!!! Never Again Ballys! Avoid this hotel at all costs!

Room Tip: Want a good room? Choose a different Hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ECXmike

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Newark, NY
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband & I went with a group of 50 and were put up in the Dennis Tower, 4th floor. From the reviews I had read, I expected a dirty room and lots of noise. NOT so. The room was very clean and very quiet. We didn't have to check in (just got our keys) so don't know about desk staff. The casino is what you would expect of a casino-- We walked to other casinos and saw a difference in lighting, machines, and decor in all of them. It sounds like some people aren't happy or satisfied with anything. If a hotel isn't up to what YOU want, just go somewhere else next time, but why be so negative about the whole place....
We will go back again.

Room Tip: Dennis Tower was very nice- Can't speak for other areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shirley S
oakdale ny
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Harrah"s waterfront room the previous 2 nights, " great rooms" then used my comp to give Ballys a try, " huge mistake", Obviously Caesars / Harrahs/ Ballys send all their comps to the Claridge tower at Ballys , to give you an idea how gross Ballys is, the room was free except for the ridiculous new jersey mandatory taxes and fees , and I chose to go home rather than stay, , doors wouldn't lock, bathrooms were out of the 70"s ,, I guess you have to consider location or amenities, Ballys has a great location but the place is stuck in a 70"s time warp

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank egoiste3766
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 26, 2012

checking in 100 people in line & 2 desk clerks my reservation was wrong & screwed up. room was ok but what hotel doesnt have GLASSES to drink from? 2 paper cups no info booklet on the hotel (restuarants, aminties etc) tv kept shutting off no DND sign so housekeeping knocks at 6am to clean room SMH
I'll stick with Trump Plaza

Room Tip: Don't pick a room in this Hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank june23baby
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I loved my stay at Bally's wasnt wanting to stay there per the bad pic's on this site but it wa nothing like the reviews on this site.

Tues Sept 18,2012 Clairidge Tower
Clean nice room with hot tub in the room.

Room Tip: We had to leave early my bf had to be at work for a meeting. Parking closed however you call on the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple