“Avoid at all costs (even free!) what has happened???”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Breinigsville
“Avoid at all costs (even free!) what has happened???”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have stayed at Bally's in the past with no issue or complaint. UNTIL NOW!
Facts:
Valet parking - $5.00/$15.00 depending on day.
Garage parking - $5.00/$10.00
Pool access - $15.00 (even as a guest)
Comp Rooms - you WILL stay in the Claridge Tower, if you don't know what the Claridge is, please research it.
Casino - All table/machines removed from "The Ridge" Most machines removed Wild West, the remaning casino has very very old machines and 1 smoking section with high demonination per spin.
Safety - Expect to have bums ask for spare change on the casino floor all hours of the day and don't expect security to stop or throw them out.

Synopsis of my stay at Bally's:
I booked 2 nights well in advance with a rep on the phone, I was comped 2 nights and was assured I would NOT be staying in the Claridge Tower Rooms and that I would have the Garden rooms..
When I went to check in, I was advised by Christopher that the comp rooms are in the Claridge Tower only and if I wanted to upgrade it would cost me $25.00 per night for the Dennis Rooms (which are not much better).
I offered to pay $25.00 for the first night if they could upgrade me for the 2nd night, Christopher checked with his manager and was denyed, stating that they were too busy to comp a room free and HAD to charge the "up-fee" (I actually looked behind me and there was not another person in line for check in!).
This was absolutely devistating for me and my 2 friends I brought along. I bit the bullet and took the comp room. AWFUL! I can't emphasize this enough.
Ballys is not a place to be, Total Reward hotels have lost their luster completely and I will be taking my business to other hotels.
It seriously breaks my heart, I used to love these hotels....

Room Tip: They dont offer rooms to comp travelers, dont try.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Chad M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,260)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 28, 2012

For 210.00$ u would thank they would have cleaned the bathroom. Shower had mold in it. Shower curtain had mold on to. It was just so nasty. I couldn't be leave they charged us that for the room. I called front desk them came to check n seemed I was not telling the truth. This room was a mess. Then they had a nerve to give me 25 dollars off the room that was not anuff. I would not stay there no more unless the upgrade or it is free. It was the worst stay in ac I have ever had. That place need to be on the worst holtels in the us.

Room Tip: Need better customer serve. Just know that was my last stay. They lost my money.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kizzy R

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I by all means am no high roller but Ballys wills definately make you feel like you are. They always comp me free rooms and it is perfect because it is in the middle of the boardwalk. Food is always good there and the machines treat you nice. stay away from TRUMP. they will take your money and manipulate you with tricky promotions that they fail to give

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jcpd16
Sicklerville, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We spent one night at Bally's and we were highly disappointed. Their valet is excellent and cheap (only $5) but other than the location everything else was disappointing. The hotel desperately needs to be refurbished. Our non-smoking room reaked of cigarette smoke and was decorated very poorly. One of the lights was broken and the bathroom was disgusting. Lots of rust and just made you say to yourself "yuck"! Old, outdated and poorly decorated is how I would describe Bally's rooms. Motels have nicer rooms than here. If other casinos have this type of room, I don't know how Atlantic City could be considered a travel destination!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank travelingcouple28
North Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This was the second time my boyfriend and I stayed at Bally’s. We were spoiled the first time because we got a corner room with one window facing the ocean and the other looking down the strip. We loved it so much that this time we requested an ocean view when we made the reservation. But when we went to check in, we were told that there were no ocean rooms available until as late as 5pm (even though check in is at 3). We didn’t feel like waiting, so the girl at the desk gave us a “city view” on the 9th floor in the Claridge Tower. Ummm this was no city view. Our window faced a brick wall and an arching set of windows (no clue what was over there or if people could see in). We could see the top of one building through our window, so we had a good laugh about our fantastic “city view.”

The room was spotless and the décor was actually really cool. Very modern. But it was so dark! There were two bedside lamps and one other funky lamp sitting in the corner. The lamps next to the bed were pretty much useless, they were so dim. And thanks to (1) the cloudy/rainy weather, and (2) the fact that our one dinky window faced a brick wall, we couldn’t get much light in there. Plus, there were no outlets other than the ones in the bathroom, so we had to unplug one of the lamps so we could charge our phones. I slept like a baby though; the bed was so comfortable.

We ended up in one of the adjoining rooms with a doorway in between, so we could hear EVERYTHING the guests next door were doing/saying. At one point they decided to investigate and were trying very hard to get into our room (probably didn’t know where the door led). They kept pushing and kicking at the door… the one bright side to having paper thin walls: they heard me very clearly when I asked them to please stop. Then they went out early in the morning and apparently forgot that they had set an alarm. It was so loud… no matter how much we turned up the TV we could not drown out that annoying beeping. It went off for about an hour, but we couldn’t take it anymore so my boyfriend called to ask if there was anything they could do. He was transferred around a few times before the last person finally said they would send someone up to take care of it. A half hour later they still hadn’t, so when we heard a maid out in the hall we asked if she could go in and shut off the alarm. There wasn’t a Do Not Disturb sign on the door so we figured it wouldn’t be a big deal since they’d have to go in and clean anyway. But the maid said, “Oh no, that’s the TV. It’s alarming to remind them that they left the TV on.” We weren’t buying it so she finally told us that only the guests can shut it off. Which… if those are the rules, those are the rules and that’s fine. But we were a little frustrated that the multiple people we talked to either brushed us off, rushed us off the phone, or lied.

That being said, we still had a great time. There’s nothing like staying in a hotel with a casino when you’re in AC, especially one in a good location like Bally’s. I absolutely loved this hotel the first time we stayed; we just didn’t have the best experience this time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srrbell
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Went to Bally's for an overnight birthday getaway. Paid $500 for a room in Claridge Tower was not worth it. More like a $100 room. The hotel is old and dingy but the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. Not to mention not helpful and pleasant the staff is.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LrdIthku
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Well my boyfriend got a complimentary room for his birthday and we went this past sunday to Monday night. The hotel is pretty nice can't complain! The room we stood in was a smoking room on the 44th floor of Bally's tower. The only complaint I would say is that I believe the whole 44th floor is a smoking floor because once you step off the elevator....the smell of cigarettes was intense!!!! Just because its a smoking room doesn't mean you can't spray some air fresher or something to make the rooms fresh! One of the pros was that in bally's casino they had my favorite restaurant, jhonny rockets! overall it was a good stay!

• Stayed April 2012