WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
new york
“BALLY'S & ATLANTIC CITY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We visited the weekend of April 6 - 8,2012. The Bally hotel room had 2 double beds and was clean and comfy. The casino had ventilation and the Race Book had 'NO SMOKING' which was excellent. Smokers had to go into a room to smoke at Race Book. At least there was clean air to breathe; 100% better than Foxwoods where the air quality is horrible and you come out smelling like an ashtray. The Boardwalk was excellent and the St. James salt water taffy the best. There are also outlets to shop. We had a very nice time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NewYorkRayman46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,801)
  • Korean first
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Our recent visit to Bally's AC was horrible. Although I requested a non-smoking room (all of us in the room were running the AC marathon the next morning) they put us in a smoking room. We returned to the desk to ask if there was anything they could do, but they said there were no more rooms. (She said my reservation for a non smoking room was only a preference -- then WHY do you even ask what I want??) She didn't even offer us any alternatives (an upgrade? calling another hotel?). She said she'd ask housekeeping to come and vacuum the air. All they did was spray febreeze, no vacuum. The room still stunk like smoke and we all ran the next morning with sore throats. The Claridge Tower is a dump - needs an overhaul, but at least they should just start with a decent cleaning. The smoke is in the bathroom vents.

Then, I left my sweater hanging on the back of the bathroom door when I checked out. Called Lost and Found the next morning. Someone told me they'd call me back, never did. Called back the next day, this time I got an answer - the sweater was not found. There is only a handful of people on the hotel staff that could have gone in that room after I checked out. Since when is it ok for the staff to steal my personal belongings? That sweater didn't walk out of the room by itself.

For the ridiculous money that they charge for a Saturday night, you'd think you could at least be honest and turn in my belongings to lost and found. Bally's is probably the worst hotel in AC.

Room Tip: Avoid the Claridge Tower at all costs
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MLQP2010

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Sicklerville, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Looked like someone spilled soda on the couch and was never cleaned. Pillows had pulls in them and were worn out. In the bathroom, there was a mysterious stain under the sink on the floor and in the shower itself there were yellow stains on the shower curtain and on the walls. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all. There was sand all over the floor and dirt in the tub. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in Claridge.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mapezzy
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I went to Bally's for two nights of mostly relaxation,
fun and some gambling. We booked our room weeks in advance, so
imagine our surprise when we got there and were told that they don't
honor reservations for specific room configuration - in our case we
booked a single with a king size bed and they only had ones with two
doubles. The (rather unpleasant) lady at the front desk gave us an
option to upgrade to the room we already paid for for $50 a night. After
a short conversation with the manager we decided not to "upgrade" and
were promptly sent to our room, which in itself was acceptable,
especially considering that we only paid $109 with taxes for two nights.
The following morning we decided to use our $20 F&B credit, which was
part of the deal we got when booking the room, in one of the hotel's
restaurants - of course this wasn't as simple as it sounds. We couldn't
find a place, which accepted Bally issued credit - either because the
staff was unable or unwilling to give us the necessary information. The
only upside to our stay was our visit to the pool and spa facilities.
For only $10 per day up to four people per room can relax indoors,
but under the sun, around a sizable pool or in one of 5 or 6 jacuzzis.
On top of it the pool staff was quite helpful and pleasant - something
we can't say about the rest of the Bally's employees we had a doubtful
pleasure to interact with. Finally when we were checking out an extra $6
charge appeared mysteriously on our bill - when my husband asked for the
details (we knew exactly how much we were supposed to pay), the $6
charge miraculously vanished - not sure what to make of this, maybe this
was an honest mistake, maybe not. Either way we'll never stay at Bally's
again ... and neither should you.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Karo_Bart
Phillipsburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed in Ballys' Claridge Tower last week and was very unpleasantly surprised at how old and run down the room was. My initial reaction was YUCK. The room was tiny, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the light bulb on the bed stand was burned out (I switched it with one on a floor lamp when I couldn't get another bulb from maintenance), and there were no comforters on the bed... just sheets that had worn in dirt on the top. They had no rooms to move me to so I was out of luck. I guess for the rate I got I shouldn't complain too much, but really, this place needs a complete makeover of their hotel rooms. On the positive side, the bathroom was clean, the beds and pillows were very comfortable and the restaurants/casino were kept up. One note...as all hotels do, they put a hold for one night room rate charge on your credit card bill. When the hold didn't come off my charge 10 days after I checked out (the charge had posted to my account the day after I checked out), I had to call my credit card company to get the hold removed. Annoying.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
lowell
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

arrive on 03 29 2012 to be put in a dirty smelly room at claridge carpet dirty stained. lamp shades hanging off t.v. not working called down for room change and was told no other rooms that i find hard to believe was told they were renovating all the rooms and did not get to my room yet also asked about my show tickets and food voucher and no one was sure about that so i went to ticket counter and they help me out went to dinner and asked about food comp and the waiter said just order and they would figure it out after think he was busy with guest although food was great and it worked out with cashier very informed on comps next day tried to check out on the t,v, did not work had to go to front desk to find one person on duty at 8 30 am not nice at all could be she was very busy and by her self i waited about twenty five minutes when a second person arrived thank god he was the front desk supervisor explained what had happened to me on my stay he was very very nice give me a comp on my balance of my bill and he said he was going to get a housekeeping supervisor and himself to go up to my room

Room Tip: do not choose ballys
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Reward stay for 2 nights. A very long check in line and the suite I had reserved was not available. (kiosk check in did not work). Got a room in the Garden Tower and a stern warning not to smoke in the room. The elevator was very old and worn. The hallway was covered in room service carts. The room and linens was clean but the furniture and rugs were very worn and the room smelled of smoke that seemed to come in through the fan in the toilet area. Other folks moved into the room next door on the second night and it was SO loud. Very thin walls. Despite my good time at the tables I probably wouldn't stay at Bally's again. Great location and I had a nice breakfast at Johnny Rockets. Food at the bistro was not good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo