“Small Hip Hotel with Parking Lot Pool”

TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
NYC
“Small Hip Hotel with Parking Lot Pool”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were given a tour of the new Tryp Hotel by Wyndham by the Management. We were pleasantly surprised. We toured the small check-in area, the Breakfast area, the Pool and one of the rooms on the ground floor...the decor is modern, upscale and the mattresses were big! The hotel is beautifully lit at night. I'm not sure what the Pool hours are but it would be nice to hang out there on a hot night. Congratulations on this new property. It's proximity to the Tropicana (and it's shops/restaurants) can't be beat. Saw some great rates midweek ($70) through the Wyndham website for some dates. Great looking new option in the heart of all the action!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank RedCarnationReady
Apurv V, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello Pultzar, Thank you for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor. We are glad you stayed with us. We have a beautiful hotel and the best amenities the TRYP by Wyndham brand offers. And our team makes it their mission to ensure your satisfaction. Have you planned your next stay? We would love to see you stay with us again. Please call us at 609-449-8819 and we will do the rest. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Palmer, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 15, 2014

There have been some back and forth reviews of this place but with the right expectations you will be very satisfied. I checked in with my wife on 7/5 at the rate of $249.99 for 7/5 and $99.99 for 7/6. We were lucky the fireworks on the 4th were delayed so we scored what ended up costing $200 plus for 7/6 and $350 for 7/5 for any late bookers. The parking situation can be rough and when we got there there only 1 spot was available on the Pacific Ave. side. I had thought parking was free on site but it is $10 per night and if you take a spot on South Iowa you might have to move your car for someone else to get out. Also if you pay and leave there is no guarantee you will have a spot upon your return. We knew the Jitney was right out front so I paid $20 for two nights of parking (Cash only, no receipt) and left the car until we checked out. Every website I had seen did say free parking and we actually called Wyndham who stated there was a "small fee" disclosure. I really didn't care about the cost I just don't like surprises. Checking in was fine and we did so right at 3pm. Booked a king room and ended up on the 4th floor on the far end away from the elevator. There was a sign in the check in area stating hotels.com reservations will not be accepted but I expected to see this after seeing the other reviews. I booked directly through the Wyndham hotels website. The elevator is tiny and in the lobby. It definitely had a strong odor of the Devil's Lettuce in it which seemed to be a theme throughout the hotel. Honestly it was a better smell than that of.... well 7-11 in the lobby. The lettuce was not a big deal to myself but it was certainly prevalent but the lobby smell needs to be addressed. If I had to wait to check in I would have gone outside. The room was very clean, had a really good size fridge, and tons of channels on the tube. The a/c blew cold as you wanted. They had nothing in the room indicating the wifi password so we called the front desk and retrieved it. It was a pretty slow connection but I have yet to see hotel wifi that I find passable beyond light web browsing and email checking. The bathroom was small but adequate with a flush that I would label as "low flow". From the farthest room possible to the exit it was about 30 seconds. 20 more seconds to the Jitney stop and maybe 45 seconds to the entrance of the Trop really made the location awesome. The pool was closed, then open, then closed so no idea what the deal was but I did not plan on using it anyways. It was the size of a big in ground in someone's back yard. Throughout our two days I had no issues whatsoever with the area around the hotel and made numerous walks very late at night without the slightest concern. The theme of the smell of the Devil's Lettuce was apparent at almost all times with patrons partaking in the walkways but it was of no concern to me and they were friendly if you just said Hi as you would to anyone passing by. All things considered, I would definitely stay here again. The Jitney stop being right in front of the place was a huge factor especially since it was rarely even halfway full because it is one of the first stops on Pacific. Any q's, lemme know!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pultzar
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Booker beware!
I booked this hotel through hotels.com which to date has never let me down. We showed up after a miserable drive in traffic only to learn that this hotel would not honor our reservation (which was non refundable, by the way). After several hours on hold with our travel agent, we had to leave they could not find us an equivalent even an hour outside of the city. What a nightmare!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CanCruiser
Dear CanCruiser, We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience due to booking situation. The situation of bookings on Third party relates to Third party website and not the hotel. We have addressed the issue with them and everything is rectify to show new management instead of old system. There should not be any problem in future and we greatly appreciate if you will give us one more chance to meet you expectation.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2014

New owners are jerks, Booked online and had a confirmed reservation. Booked through expedia. Called the hotel to confirm and they told me that they will not give us a room. New owner told me that he does not care and that this hotel is worth way more then what we paid online so he will not give us a room. This is a rundown 2 star hotel. are you kidding me. If you book here online anywhere they will not give you a room. What a bad way to start a business. They left us high and dry so we had to cancel our 4th of july weekend at atlantic city as no more rooms near our price range were available. They should be ashamed and I really hope they fall flat on their face. We paid $ 89 on line . owner said for $350 he would give is a room. For a 2 star hotel. I do not think so.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank steve08085
Mr. Steve,

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience due to booking situation. The situation of bookings on Third party relates to Third party website and not the hotel. We have addressed the issue with them and everything is rectify to show new management instead of old system. There should not be any problem in future and we will greatly appreciate if you will give us one more chance to meet you expectation.
Gloucester township
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The owner was rude and refused to honor our reservations that had already been purchased through hotels.com. Extremely poor business man, many displaced guests with an empty hotel, would not even give us a discounted room. Stay in a casino when in AC.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Tyjamsk
Dear Guest,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I booked my room at the Tryp Hotel for a saturday night to celebrate my 30th birthday. I went through the booking site hotels.com to get the room. Upon arrival at the front desk I was told that my reservation wouldn't be honored and that I didn't have a room. There were 20+ people outside that also were told they would have no room. The police were called and tried to rectify the situation of all the angry guests. The hotel staff made no effort to accomidate anyone and were extremely rude. They simply said to contact hotels.com and have them refund the money. I didn't want my money back! I wanted a room to enjoy my birthday! They never made any effort to apologize or give reason why they wouldn't give us a room. They said I would have to pay an additional $250 to stay there. What a rip off! I ended up stuck in atlantic city with no room on this important day. Dont go here. Looks like a great deal on the computer but its not. What a waste of time.

Room Tip: Worst customer service I have ever experienced!!!!!!!!! I would give 0 stars if that was an option.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank misslexie30
Dear Guest,

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Disregard any review before June 2014 - those reviews are about the Ascot. The new hotel Tryp by Wyndham has only been open a few weeks. We have been warching the complete gut and remodel of the hotel and knew we would try it once it opened. So glad we did. We have stayed twice and were very pleased with the room. We had two double beds - fantastc mattress, one of the best sleeps I've had in a hotel. The room has a nice size fridge, coffee maker, a desk and chair. The bathroom has a shower and the sink is on the outside which we like. The management seems to take great care of the property and we were told that by the last week in June they would be offering free breakfast. The hotel has a pool and offers free wifi. Have a couple more reservations for later in the summer - pricing is good especially Sunday through Thursday. Great location right next door to Tropicana.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor or above - not as many people walking by.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank chele1114
Hello Chele,

Thank you for a wonderful review! We are glad you had an enjoyable stay. The TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City has one of the best team built around a great service culture. Have you made your next reservation yet? If not, please give us a call at 609-449-8819 and we will be happy to take care of that for you. See you soon!