Courtyard Atlantic City
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$90
$75
Bally's Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
$90
$75
$80
  • Pool
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Beachfront
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$108
$86
Caesars
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$85
$81
Caesars
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$129
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Restaurant
The Chelsea Pub and Inn(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
$159
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkingcourtyard marriottstandard courtyardfront deskcasino hotelswould stay here againroom was cleanper dayshort walktwo blocksvalet staffvery nice hotelhigh floorlobby areaboard walksteel piernice stay
Reviewed October 21, 2010

At this hotel you have to valet, but the lot is directly across from and in site of the valet. the items that were placed by me in my center console (ie no one looking into car could see these items) were stolen, but the valet company and the hotel refused to take any responsibility. The "theives" must have had x-ray vision because the two items that were put away were the only things taken and nothing else in my car was disturbed. The two responses that I have received have been were essentially we think you are lying about what was taken and the sign says to take you items before leaving your car. Very poor way to do business.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
8  Thank cfuria
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My friend and I stayed here for one night. He was there for a business meeting at the Borgata. We are not casino type of people. We didn't want to stay at the Borgata so we could escape his colleagues and the casino and the high prices. The Courtyard was a good choice. The valet parking is convenient (I think we paid $12.50). The valets were very nice and helpful. The lobby is clean and inviting with a bar and chairs to watch tv.

Our room was nicely decorated, quite clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom looked newly renovated. There were extra pillows and a quilt. We had a room on a high floor with a fantastic view of the city, the ocean and a breathtaking sunset.

My only complaint is that the walls are thin and we could hear the people in the next room. When they sneezed I wanted to say "bless you." The neighbors bathroom sounds were quite audible.

The area around the hotel is marginal but okay. I walked by myself (middle-aged lady) up to the Boardwalk (about two blocks) during the day. I kept my eyes open but it was fine. I wouldn't do it at night. There is a "gentleman's club" at the Boardwalk. The jitney stops almost in front of the hotel and I used that, too. It was fine. If you want to get to the Marina area or to where the shopping areas are, it is a bit of a walk or you must drive or take the jitney. You can walk to Resorts and the Taj, which are the older casinos.

Altogether we were happy with this hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Phoebe B
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed at the Marriott in August and was unhappy, but waited to review the hotel until I got my response from customer service as its only fair to give them a chance to respond to a problem. It was my second stay. The first time was fine.

This time I was happy to be given an upgrade thanks to gold status, but when we got to the room I immediately noticed a small bug crawling on the bed. I looked under the mattress pad (which oddly was about half the size of the mattress as a random side note) and saw other bugs crawling on the mattress. They looked very much to me like bed bugs. Naturally I was really repulsed knowing what a problem bed bugs are these days, so I called and the front desk and they said something like "oh no someone will come up". There was no apology for the inconvenience or anything of the sort.

The maintenance man (not a customer service person) came up and said they'd he'd take us to a new room, which he did. He did not ask any questions or offer an explanation. it was honestly strange. Bed bugs are such a big PR issue now and I can't believe that a Marriott wouldn't take the time to have a customer service person come up to explain how it may not be bed bugs or to tell us our new room was inspected and is fine. NOTHING. I didn't sleep at all in the new room imagining bugs were crawling on me (although you can trust I inspected the bedt very well).

I left in a hurry the next day and emailed Marriott about problem. The GM's response was to apologize, say they have thorough inspections of their rooms, and say the bugs were found to be beetles. I am not sure if I believe they would have told me if it was in fact, bed bugs, but I haven't read other reviews about the hotel that involve bed bugs so that's promising. I was just really disappointed in the way Marriott handled this and I will definitely not stay there again. One last note, I'm not all that thrilled about any bugs crawling on the bed, beetles or what not. Its not as if its a hotel in the Caribbean where you can even open the windows and bugs are part of the experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank perrystreet
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I wanted to stop over in Atlantic City on my road trip from Washington to New York City, having visited Las Vegas and Reno in the past I wanted to see how this east coast city compared.

I chose this hotel after having read the reviews here on trip advisor and I am so pleased that I did stay here. It's such a gem!

On arrival into the City, my sat nav on my iPhone sent me to the wrong location, but it was very close (the hotel next door). Actually I found the signage on the hotel didn't work too well for me. I could see it was the Marriot Courtyard from the street I was on and I only recognised it as the right hotel from the picture on the trip advisor web site.

There is a car park around the back of the hotel but I soon found I couldn't get in - the hotel has valet parking only. So I drove round the front and the valet let me leave the car at the front while I checked in.

Check-in was smooth. A quick swipe of my credit card brought up my booking. A first for me, the check-in clerk actually read out the comments that I'd written on the booking, where I'd asked for a room on a high floor and extra feather pillows - and of course both my requests were granted! I'd paid extra for a king sized bed and I was not disappointed. Directed to the 15th floor my room looked south, in the direction of Ballys and I had a good view of the beach and sea. The room way massive, modern and clean. Big comfortable pillows. Flat screen TV, desk with free wired internet access, leather seat and stool, modern bathroom with big shower, fridge and coffee maker. My room had an ajoining door, which always freaks me out, but I checked it was locked from my side. I also worry about noise coming through, but that did not happen for me during my stay. The room was quiet, comfortable and the right temperature. The air con was also not noisy as in other rooms I have stayed.

The hotel is set back from the boardwalk by one block, so just a short walk there and it's set about midway between the Taj Mahal and Ballys.

All in all a fab hotel and stay and I would recommend this place to stay for a few days when you're next in Atlantic City

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank darren_in_england
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I can't stress enough The Courtyard AC was AWESOME!!! The lobby was so unbelievably gorgeous. Every staff member we encountered went above and beyond. We checked in late for a weekend of fun and Vlad was super accomodating. My friends and I were all placed on the 9th floor. We couldn't believe we actually got put near each other. The rooms were so great. Beds super comfy. Loved the wall art. Views were fabulous. The location is a bit off the street but a short walk to the boardwalk and beach. Bartender was friendly and personable. Breakfast was they typical Courtyard breakfast. Who doesn't love the waffles? Checked out a few days later by the GM. Super cool that he was working desk and checking people out. I loved my few days in AC and the hotel just made my trip that much better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends