“Consistently Good Service”

Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
South Jersey,
“Consistently Good Service”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I stay at this hotel as as a Winter Weekend getaway in the Northeast and have always been satisfied.

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Member and stay at 100 Marriott hotels a year and this location meets the high standards of Marriott.

Staff is always helpful and all can answer local related questions on where to go and what to see.

Nice location. Thanks !

Room Tip: End rooms are more quiet as late night revelers can come in at 3:AM,
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WARNINGSHOTBILL
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Platinum Member,

Thank you very, very much for being a Platinum Member with us sharing your feedback. Your words mean a lot to us and I very glad to see that they are good. The room tip you have provided is also an awesome suggestion. Thank you again for the great comments, we hope to you see you again real soon.

DO|AC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Clean comfortable room, staff is friendly, price is fair. Location is across the street from resorts and two blocks from the boardwalk. Check in and out was quick and easy. Payment is made upon arrival. I will probably stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank nitronic59
Dear Nitronic59,

Thank you for the amazing comments and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. Pleas contact me if you need anything at all.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Being a silver Marriott member I stay in a number of Courtyards each year and found this to be one of the nicer. Room was very nice and bathroom up to date. Staff very polite and had a great breakfast buffet which was much better than what most offer. It is just a block off the boardwalk and is in Atlantic City. Anyone who is visits AC understands the town isn't very nice except at your hotel or the Tanger Outlet. However, the walk to the boardwalk or Resorts is well lighted and safe!

Stayed April 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for being a Silver Member with us! We appreciate you the great comments and thank you for taking the time to share them. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We would love to have provide you the same service again so please contact me if you are interested in the future.

Canterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Atlantic City is dumpy, especially the area where this hotel is located. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff efficient but do not expect to go walking around on the streets safely. We were only stopping here one night as we traveled south and since it was not a destination it was OK.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FlossEm77
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hi FlossEm77,

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you found our hotel clean and our staff efficient. I am saddened to see that the state of the City reflected your score for our Hotel. Unfortunately, we cannot change our location but find that it's great when embraced properly. Close to a public beach, ton of restaurants, casinos and nightlife entertainment. I would love to personally help you next time you're down to find closeby activities.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Nice hotel off the beaten path of Atlantic City's bustling casino area. Rooms were spacious, front desk staff was very courteous. Short walk to the boardwalk. Didn't like the fact that we had to pay $10/day for valet parking but that's Marriott in alot of locations. The free cookies in the lobby were a plus. Didn't go to the hotel restaurant but it looked full during breakfast. Overall, a very nice weekend.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank MyLife8203
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the great comments and for taking the time to share them. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend and we were a part of it. We appreciate you understanding our parking policies, our parking is handled by a separate company, thus, a charge needs to be placed. It's a good, efficient and secure option when staying in Atlantic CIty. I would totally recommend it every time you stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to your future stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at Marriot courtyard because I had some gift certificates I won from work. When I normally visit Atlantic city I stay at one of the casino hotels on the strip so this was a whole new experience for me. I stayed in a king suite on the 17th floor which I absolutely loved. If you can upgrade to a suite do it, well worth it. The room was clean and had 2 flat screen tv's. (living room area which came with microwave and small sink and bedroom) the king suite also included a jet spa tub and separate shower. The location was out the way considering you can stay in the caesars or trump and be directly on the boardwalk, however it was only a short drive to the other hotels/casinos. valet was efficient. my ONLY con was that they placed a hold of $210 on my account I was not aware of until after the money was taken out….thought that should have been told to me before hand…they said it will go back on my account in 5-7 business days (we shall see). check out was smooth and quick…they billed me for having 2 cars instead of 1 but the minor hiccup was fixed swiftly by the front desk attendent and they refunded me back the difference. All in all great weekend stay would definitely return...

Room Tip: king suite is worth the extra money
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Latrisha G
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hi Latrisha,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite. We only have 4 of those, and high in demand as you can imagine. Thank you for not letting the the error on the bill affect your score. When you return, contact me so that I can block a higher floor room for you of not the suite.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

After reading all the reviews listed on this site, I had mixed feelings going into this hotel for two nights. Why I choose it was on the strength of the Marriott name. From check in to check out, the experience was quick and easy. My room was gorgeous, clean, and seemed to be recently updated. I say that because there was still painters tape in a corner of the bathroom. I only hope that after I checked out today, the cleaning staff found it and removed it. One reviewer mentioned the neighborhood, I did not see any issue with it. The Jitney lets you off right at the hotel and the area was well lit. My only complaints are: 1) upon check-in the guy (Brendan) explained the hold on my credit card incorrectly 2) my pillows were extremely soft; can be a good thing for others, to each his own and 3) during breakfast on my days I had to request clean utensils. Overall, my experience was so much better than I expected. Now, if the hold on my credit cards doesn't release properly, this will be a whole different review being as I just check out today.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nicole,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you still gave us a shot, regardless of the mixed feelings. Thank you for mentioning our location and being understanding. As for charges and credit card holds, I assure you that the money will be returned automatically after 3-4 business days, This procedure is very common and you have nothing to worry about.