“Good choice off the boardwalk”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here last weekend to celebrate my birthday. The rate was very reasonable for the huge king room, with a large bathroom, lots of towels and extra pillows. The front desk staff were very helpful, telling us a fair price to expect for our cab ride to the Borgata. We used the self park across the street from the Marriott Courtyard because my husband wanted to pick his own safe parking spot. For $10 it was worth it. Even though we were on a low floor (3) with not much of a view, we were pleased with our stay and would recommend to others.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sally C
Anik_GR, Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Senior Reviewer,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the location and staff. Thank you for not letting the lower floor effect your score. Next time you chose to stay with us, contact me so that I can block a higher floor room for you! Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlantic City

Reviewed March 26, 2014

A wonderful, small caring hotel amidst noisy impersonal giants. The staff is warm and helpful. They let you know the best local spots. The manager, Golam Rabbani (Anik) is very warm and amiable. Everyone who comes in seems to know him and like him.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hi Lynnobl,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I cannot explain how happy it makes me to read such amazing comments from a long time member. I hope that we can keep trying to make your experience just as great, if not better.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

very average hotel. Nothing great about it. we did not have breakfast here but being an american hotel i doubt it will be good. room quality is standard, amenities standard. Notng great. Location is good. Real close to Revel - newest casino hotel, Trump Taj & Other places.

lift got stuck on level 1 !!! till someone came and actually pushed the gates close....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chintansinghvi
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello Chintan,

Thank you very much for reviewing us. I am saddened to hear that you experience was short of great. We never aim for average and look to make everyone's stay great.Please contact me if you need for future stays. I will personally make sure everything your experience is better.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here for my birthday this past weekend with a few friends. I wanted good, clean, convenient, and somewhat quiet hotel that didn't have smoking in the lobby or really loud casino noises. This is great just for that. While this location is not directly on the boardwalk, it is close to Resorts/Margaritaville and only one long block from the boardwalk. It is not the most scenic area but I still felt safe walking to and from the hotel. Valet service is okay, it is located behind the hotel in a gated lot. The Valet also parked my Jetta with one wheel on top of the curb against a bush which I wasn't too happy about. I notified Valet, they didn't apologize, just moved my car. Only a minor incident, I rather park my car than Valet but you have no choice here. Rooms are very clean, door is a little heavy when opening but does not slam shut which is good. I did hear other guests from time to time but was not bothered when I was sleeping. Front Desk is very friendly and willing to help with any questions. I would recommend this hotel and would be back if the price was reasonable. It's a great alternative to Casino Hotels that charge an arm and a leg for outdated run down rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ashley S

Hi Ashley,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us. I apolagize about the valet incident, and will make sure to speak to our Valet department regarding this for training purposes.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Came here on Friday afternoon. Front desk staff was excellent. Put me in "the highest room possible" on the 9th of -7 floors. When I got to the room, despite their "no partying policy" clearly spelled in each guest room, mthere was a huge party going on. I went down to the front desk who promptly gave me another room – all of a sudden they found the 17th floor available. This room was fine.

I went out for the evening, and when I returned around 11 PM I parked my car in the lot. Once parked, I was approached by a person who said he was the valet, and demanded $10 from me to park my own car. When I told him he wasn't my valet he got a little hostile but understood. I went straight to the front desk and ask for the night manager. I was told not only was there not a night manager, but there was no day hotel manager either. When I told the employees at the front desk that the valet parked cars in both the fire lane as well as handicap parking, they all laughed and said that's not our problem that's the valets problem. But I explained to them, if God forbid there was a fire here, the fire marshal wouldn't be too happy if the valet had parked cars in the fire lane, as well as the handicapped spots- without permits. They just laughed, said it wasn't their problem- as the valet was contracted out to another company.

It's 11:16 PM, and quite frankly I fear for my car which is now parked in this lot and the valet knows which one it was. The front desk, whose mantra should be the customer is always right, put their head between your legs and really didn't care. Especially a gentleman named Robert. He gave me the worst "attitude".

He was cocky to the point of rudeness. I've stayed in a lot of Marriott branded hotels around the world, and this is by far the worst. The attitude of the evening staff of the hotel is unforgivable. The entire staff needs to be fired and replaced. I know this is one man's opinion, but if you look at my past reviews about Marriott they are 99% positive. While the day staff was so good, the night staff was just the opposite. Like I said, I fear now for my car, and I would never stay here again.

Look elsewhere if you're coming to Atlantic City. This Marriott, just doesn't care, or deserve our business.

By the way, I have 96,000+ trip advisor readers, so I must know something.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Sockster
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was attending a weekend event at Boardwalk Hall. I don't like casinos and instead chose to stay at Courtyard by Marriott. It's not real close to Boardwalk Hall, but the Jitney will take you right there for a couple of dollars during the day. The hotel is away from most of the activity on the boardwalk but I didn't find it too long of a walk. There is valet parking available, which I didn't use, and you can just drive down to the casinos if you choose. The hotel itself was very nice. It was clean and the employees were very nice and were helpful. My only criticism is that the quality of the sheets could be improved. They seemed a little rough to me, but maybe I'm just spoiled. One thing to note is that the doors and locks are quite heavy. When you run your key and push down the door handle you need to give it a "pop" at the bottom to get the door open. Not a problem at all, just something to be aware of. If you don't pop it, it seems like the door is locked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick M
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard. I am very happy to hear about your stay. We appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness and the friendly staff. I'll be sure to speak to the Housekeeping Manager regarding the sheets and see if there is anything we can do to prevent it. As for the doors, I myself think they are a bit heavy. Fortunately, it's a safety feature.

Thank you again and please contact me if you need help with anything at all.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the boardwalk and Resort casino. The neighborhood is on the questionable side. The breakfast was wonderful. Very attentive staff. Quiet and clean rooms. Bathtub replaced by extra large shower.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard Y
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hi Richard,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that your stay was greatly enjoyed and you loved our breakfast and staff. I cannot explain in words how glad it makes us to read such comments from TripAdvisor's top contributors!