“Nothing exciting but still decent”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nothing exciting but still decent”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The room n bathroom was a decent size n clean. However their whirlpool was a different story was kinda dirty n i didn't like the location. I was there over labor day wknd and got their close to 10pm n we were starving n tired but had to leave to to find food because they didnt have a restaurant or any type of food, They only served breakfast. if you are looking for somewhere to lay your head an shower its cool but if u want entertainment, gambling, walking to shop i wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LadyL215
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry, but we are a hotel and not a casino. We don't have gambling here. I'm glad that you liked the hotel and we are close to the casinos, we just don't have one in our hotel. I do hope that you will return soon! Please feel free to contact me at any time. :)
-----Hugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel and it was such a wonderful stay thanks to the GM Hugh Chandler. He was so nice and truly cared about customer service. The hotel was very clean and so were the rooms. Hugh really made it a great experience and I will be staying again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yankees1234
Thanks for the GREAT feedback and taking time to write a review!
I'm happy to have been of service!
--Hugh
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed in a suite for two nights. The rooms were spotless and the decor was generally impressive. Our requests were promptly and courteously dealt with. Our major complaint about the room was the sofabed which was really uncomfortable and not conducive to a good night's sleep. Additionally, there was no door between the shower/bathroom and the bedroom, so if you're not a couple there is nothing to spare your blushes!

Breakfast was particularly good, there was a great selection with the option to have your omelet made Just the way you like it.

Getting to the boardwalk and casinos was an easy walk from the hotel. If you choose to walk by the parking lot, though the path looks less than attractive, it is well lit and we felt safe using it even at nights.

Overall, it was pleasant stay and we'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors
3 Thank EvetB
Hello! I'm glad that you liked the hotel and thanks for writing a review! :)
We'll take your comments into consideration during our renovation in 2014!
I hope that you will return soon!
----Hugh
South Jersey
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last night, as we were in town for a concert. The hotel and rooms are super clean and new. The room bathrooms are a great size, as was our King room. I liked the free fruity water and popcorn in the lobby. Everyone on staff is super attentive and nice, which was refreshing. The AC unit in our room was broken upon arrival but one call to the front desk and it was fixed by maintenance in no time. The hotel is a few blocks from the beach and boardwalk, but valet parking is $12 all day with unlimited in/out. All in all I enjoyed our stay here, and was pleasantly surprised. When staying in AC it's always hit or miss, so I was glad to finally find something decent that didn't break the bank and would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank prgirl73
Sorry about the air conditioning unit, but glad that you liked our hotel. I hope that you will return soon, there are a ton of great concerts in Atlantic City!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I would rate the hotel itself as 5 star. I took one star off for the neighborhood. Even though the hotel is only a block away from the boardwalk it seemed like a long walk looking over my shoulder, but that is the way A.C. is. The staff was really friendly, esp front desk and the valet staff. I was worried about valet parking but the service was very fast. After we checked out I realized I didn't have directions to the Cape May Ferry and the front desk staff kindly printed out directions for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank debpurn
Thanks for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Please let me know if I can be of any help for future reservations. thanks for the great comments on our staff. I do have to say that Gov. Chrisite has committed to re-investing in Atlantic City and the Tourism distrcit should be ready soon. Call me any time. :)
----Hugh
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay. The Marriott Courtyard staff (front desk, valet and dining/bar) are extremely friendly cordial, hospitable and accommodating. The room was very clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet too.....no waiting and tasty food!

We had short 5 minute walk to the boardwalk, and we were right in the middle of all the boardwalk experience. We will be back. Thank you

2 Thank Mike_KOZ
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Wow! Thank you for the great comments! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our staff.
We hope that you will return soon.
Summer is still here and Fall will be upon us soon.
The Jersey Shore is beautiful this time of year!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this based on review ratings.... sadly I looked into this more carefully when it was too late. There was a case of reported bed bugs as late as May 2013.

I sent a message to Marriott and got a quick response saying a member of the hotel staff would respond. This never happened. I sent them a note saying I was disappointed and promptly got a response from the hotel staff, saying all would be good and there would be no issues.

The hotel is average, the neighbourhood/view is lousy. Eating options are limited and the better choices are quite pricey. Medical care is not available readily and the only option was to go to the ER at Atlantic Care with a few hours waiting.

The rooms are average, the maid forgot to put shampoo and when we called the desk, we had to go fetch it ourselves.

Overall this was my worst Marriott experience; the best one for me has been Courtyard Marriott Mumbai (5 star service) at the airport and Marriott Chateau Champlain in Montreal.

5 Thank M_Per_61
Hello and thank you for your review.
I'm sorry that we don't rate as high as the Marriott in Mumbai or Montreal. We are a Courtyard by Marriott and not a full service Marriott or JW Marriott. We will certainly use your comments as training tools.