“One of the best hotel s of its category”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Montreal, Canada
“One of the best hotel s of its category”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have spent one night in this hotel during our family trip. We really enjoyed the large room, the high standard of quality of the service and staff. Beds, the size and cleanliness of the bathroom, the Ac, everything was at the top.
At this price, you can't ask for more. The location near the boardwalk is perfect. I will reserve at this hotel next time I come in Atlantic City.

1 Thank FromBelleProvince
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback! I'm glad that you liked our hotel and that you plan on returning. I'll look forward to meeting you in person!
----Hugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I loved this property. Last minute decision to spend the night in AC, and didn't want to spend the money on a casino hotel. As a Travel Agent, I have stayed in lots of Courtyards, and this one really impressed me. Beautiful, clean and spacious Lobby Area with an adjacent breakfast room. It was extremely hot outside, so I was delighted when I arrived at our room, and it was very cool. Everything in the room was like new. Beds were very comfortable, and linens and lightweight, summer spread were lovely. Very roomy space, with a large desk, large flat-screen TV, mini-fridge and bathroom with a large vanity area. We valet parked the car for $12.00, and it was worth every dime. Took us less than ten minutes from the time we got out of the car until we reached our room. The location is great, as well, as it's a one-block walk to the beach. I will definitely stay at this property again and will not hesitate to recommend it to my clients.

Insider tip: It is in an area that's not the best in AC, so I wouldn't recommend walking around outside at night. Also, although it is a block to the beach, it's a very long block. However, at the very end of the street on the right is a parking lot almost on the Boardwalk. You can park there all day for $5.00.We had a child with us and all kinds of stuff to lug to the beach, so it was well worth the money to be that close.

Room Tip: We had a lovely, updated room on the third floor, located a little walk to the elevator and ice mach...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lynn121946
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Very happy to hear that you liked our hotel! I hope that you'll return again soon. I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.
Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel had more negatives than positives. I will start with the positives: The lemon water and fruit were a nice touch in the hotel lobby. The lobby was pretty and clean. Now the negatives: The price was astronomical, the breakfast not even included, you were forced to pay for valet parking, the room was dated, beds not very comfortable, the location in a questionable area, and the staff looked tired and were a bit rude. Better than some of the even more overpriced casino hotels but not great for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank moorec4
Glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We do offer valet parking, but it is not required. There are other options in the city. I hope that you will return in the future! :)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my second year In a row staying here and I really like it. Tip: Walk down North Carolina, the much busier and brighter street to the boardwalk, than south Carolina which is more dark and deserted. The beds are very comfortable, The AC works great and the whole hotel is non-smoking. The breakfast buffet was disappointing. The made to order omelet was good but the rest was not worth the money. Spend the extra $3 and go to the Borgata breakfast buffet (Mon - Sat).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jjcnpa
I'm glad that you came back to our hotel! Thank you for your review and feedback!
ny
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just stayed for a weekend with the family. Description states 1 block from boardwalk. Yes, but its about 1/3 of a mile and you have to pass a dirty, smelly strip club to get to the boardwalk! Not a safe area at all and was told by local not to leave hotel at night. Not ideal to o back and forth to the beach with 3 small kids, better off staying at hotel on the boardwalk. There was no big discount here *almost $300 for a Saturday night and had to pay for breakfast AND for Parking each day. AND I'm a rewards member!!!
Hotel is not the usual Marriot quality or ambience...more like a cheap looking days inn.

7 Thank theresa03NY
I'm sorry that you feel that way. The Courtyard brand is required by Marriott to charge for breakfast. I hope that you will return in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights after deciding to take a last minute trip to Atlantic City. The rates were great and the location was awesome. Chasin at the front desk was great, extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and cozy. I would definitely come back again.

1 Thank Jaime S
I appreciate your response and will certainly respond to our staff.
Thanks for the great comments!
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2013

On Pacific Ave about 500 yard walk past employee parking from the boardwalk and the casinos.
If the board walk, casino and the beach is what you're looking for that's great. Unfortunately I wanted to visit the resaturants away from the boardwalk but didn't want to use my car which was parked in the valet parking lot.
Walking the streets at night was not an option. Too bad I didn't understand the city layout using the jitney transportation system until we departed the city. The jitney system would have iven me the correct mobility.

The staff was friendly and helpful when on arrival we found the sheets of the bed were not changed. Staff apologized, changed the sheets and comped us for the beffet breakfast the next day.

All in all this is a clean well managed property without the bells and whisles of the casinos.
There was no noise from the neighbors and just a little hallway noise of late night partier's coming back to the room
PS the ocean temperature was 75 degrees.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing south. The hotel faces north and south, without an eastward {ocean v...
1 Thank BREGPXD
Glad to hear that you liked our hotel!
The ocean temp is getting warmer; Hope you'll return soon.