“Just ok..but not for the price/”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel had more negatives than positives. I will start with the positives: The lemon water and fruit were a nice touch in the hotel lobby. The lobby was pretty and clean. Now the negatives: The price was astronomical, the breakfast not even included, you were forced to pay for valet parking, the room was dated, beds not very comfortable, the location in a questionable area, and the staff looked tired and were a bit rude. Better than some of the even more overpriced casino hotels but not great for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank moorec4
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We do offer valet parking, but it is not required. There are other options in the city. I hope that you will return in the future! :)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my second year In a row staying here and I really like it. Tip: Walk down North Carolina, the much busier and brighter street to the boardwalk, than south Carolina which is more dark and deserted. The beds are very comfortable, The AC works great and the whole hotel is non-smoking. The breakfast buffet was disappointing. The made to order omelet was good but the rest was not worth the money. Spend the extra $3 and go to the Borgata breakfast buffet (Mon - Sat).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jjcnpa

I'm glad that you came back to our hotel! Thank you for your review and feedback!
---Hugh

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just stayed for a weekend with the family. Description states 1 block from boardwalk. Yes, but its about 1/3 of a mile and you have to pass a dirty, smelly strip club to get to the boardwalk! Not a safe area at all and was told by local not to leave hotel at night. Not ideal to o back and forth to the beach with 3 small kids, better off staying at hotel on the boardwalk. There was no big discount here *almost $300 for a Saturday night and had to pay for breakfast AND for Parking each day. AND I'm a rewards member!!!
Hotel is not the usual Marriot quality or ambience...more like a cheap looking days inn.

7  Thank theresa03NY

I'm sorry that you feel that way. The Courtyard brand is required by Marriott to charge for breakfast. I hope that you will return in the future.
---Hugh

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights after deciding to take a last minute trip to Atlantic City. The rates were great and the location was awesome. Chasin at the front desk was great, extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and cozy. I would definitely come back again.

1  Thank Jaime S

I appreciate your response and will certainly respond to our staff.
Thanks for the great comments!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

On Pacific Ave about 500 yard walk past employee parking from the boardwalk and the casinos.
If the board walk, casino and the beach is what you're looking for that's great. Unfortunately I wanted to visit the resaturants away from the boardwalk but didn't want to use my car which was parked in the valet parking lot.
Walking the streets at night was not an option. Too bad I didn't understand the city layout using the jitney transportation system until we departed the city. The jitney system would have iven me the correct mobility.

The staff was friendly and helpful when on arrival we found the sheets of the bed were not changed. Staff apologized, changed the sheets and comped us for the beffet breakfast the next day.

All in all this is a clean well managed property without the bells and whisles of the casinos.
There was no noise from the neighbors and just a little hallway noise of late night partier's coming back to the room
PS the ocean temperature was 75 degrees.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing south. The hotel faces north and south, without an eastward {ocean v...
1  Thank BREGPXD

Glad to hear that you liked our hotel!
The ocean temp is getting warmer; Hope you'll return soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent this past weekend at this hotel and I must say that I truly enjoyed it. The hotel is within walking distance to Resorts, Steel Pier, Margaritaville and quite a few attractions. We even walked to the Tangers Outlet stores so the location isn't bad at all if you don't mind walking places. The Jitney bus stops right at the corner so that's another option for getting around to the other casinos (Caesars, Ballys, etc). (Jitney costs $2.25 one way. Senior tickets cost .75 but they have to be purchased in advance. The Jitney office is also within walking distance on Pacific Avenue). The hotel offers FREE internet! Our room was located on the 9th floor with a partial view of the ocean but more of view of the parking lot across from us. Check in was easy as was check out. My only complaint...and it is a very small complaint...was that I wish that the beds were Queens instead of Doubles. There were 5 of us (4 adults and 1 child) in the room but we made it work. I don't think that there was a pool located in the hotel but we never really checked for one. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast but I believe that the cost was $12.95 for buffet style. The valet parking area was rather small and I saw a lot of back up on Saturday morning when people were checking in and/or out. Valet parking was $12.95 + tax per day. We had no problems with getting our car as we checked out early Sunday morning however all of the rolling luggage racks were gone so we had carry our luggage and other items (which would've been much easier with the rack...but we managed).
Overall, I would stay here again without a doubt. The cost was reasonable and we never felt "unsafe" walking back to our room from the boardwalk.

1  Thank YvetteCee

Thank you so much for your response!
I hope that you'll return soon. The weather is great here on the Jersey Shore!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

During the summer Atlantic City hotels are expensive, especially on weekends. This hotel walking distance to Resorts, Revel, and the Showboat. The staff is friendly and healthy. The rooms are modern and nicely updated. Most importantly the price is far below top casino prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joe L
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay!
Sorry that we don't have a pool, but we are just a block from the beach :)
Come back soon!