“Nice Stay”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for two nights. The people at the front desk were very friendly. They had lemon water and cookies in the lobby, which was a plus. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was very quiet, too. The only flaw was that the beds weren't Queen sized. The hotel was only about two blocks from the boardwalk. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank swiper16
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Glad to hear that you liked our lemon water, fruit and cookies! Sorry that we don't have queen beds, but we just have doubles or kings in the entire hotel.
Thank you for your feedback and hope that you'll return soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlantic City

Reviewed June 19, 2013

i stay at this hotel twice a year. The general manager remembers my name on every visit. Located just off the boardwalk so close to everything. The restaurant staff are fun and the food excellent. The rooms have been renovated and have all the upgrades one would expect from a beach side hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Charles1019

Thank you for your response! We're very happy that you come back and stay with us!
Your GM and friend, :)
----Hugh

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here on a whim a Thursday night in May. Nice hotel, valet parking, friendly staff, seemed generally clean. Location is good, but the walk to the boardwalk at night is a little sketchy. Overall compared to most casino rooms, this was better, bigger, and cleaner, but about the same price if not a little less. Not a spectacular hotel but a nice hotel that's a good value. Would stay here again if I wasn't staying a top casino.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us! We hope that if you are not staying in the casinos, which still allow smoking, that you'll come back and stay with us.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great location, at Jetty stop, short walk to the beach.
Great staff, bent over backwards to help, and answer questions.
Entire place had a clean pleasant smell.
Room was clean, Great coffee, Great TV., internet, free.
Coffee in lobby, in the morning, and popcorn, cookies, fruit, and water the rest of the time.
Breakfast was good, although the omelet guy could use some new pans!!!!
Beds were comfortable, and clean. thermostat worked fine, was quiet as well.
The only negative was $12.00 valet parking. We parked on the street, at a broken meter, but all around there were $5.00 parking lots. Resorts has unlimited parking for $5.00, until you move, and it is a couple of minute walk.
We would go back in a heartbeat. Got Marriott points, and it was very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: we had a view, but the area is not great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dutchgirl57

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are thrilled that you liked the hotel and our staff! We hope that you'll return very soon. Summer is here and it's time to come back to the Jersey Shore!
----Hugh

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a brief 2-night trip to Atlantic City in early June. We looked at hotel reviews and decided on the Courtyard Marriott even though it's not on the boardwalk. Part of the decision was based on the fact that it's a non-smoking facility. We had made advance reservations and when we checked in, we asked for a room in a higher floor, which was easily accommodated. The room and hotel were clean and the staff was very helpful. There is no casino in this hotel but it's only a one block walk to the boardwalk and near many of the attractions. The hotel offers a decent breakfast buffet, either full breakfast or continental at a reasonable price. Valet parking is $12 per day. All in all, it was a comfortable, quiet, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor and it was very quiet. Had a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for taking time to leave feedback! We really appreciate it. I'm very happy to hear that you liked our hotel and staff. Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for a(nother) hockey tourney. It's off the boardwalk, so a block or to walk to get to ocean. Neighborhood looks sketchy, but as a single male wandering around, no issues. Checked in early with no problems. Plenty of space to hang by hockey equipment, which normally stinks up a room, but this time it tempered the disgusting coconut smell. Was this air fresher ear or a pas travelers sun screen? I'll never know, but hockey gear stink helped.

Room was clean. A/C was great nice and cold. I had no problems with it, despite being very busy summer weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scooter12309

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad that you liked our hotel.
I'll take a look at the coconut smell that you mentioned as well.
We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you'll come see us again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

After I checked in checked in I had several problems.
Rate for valet parking was different than was on my confirmation
I had to go to my room to get PROOF of the valet price I was told
Room was dirty - someone used the bathroom and it was not cleaned
New room had a problem with the door - it did not close properly

These problems were addressed and were resolved - except for the door issue. I did not complain about it. I felt as if I was "complaining" too much.

Management did contact me and offered free Marriott Rewards.I declined. It was very nice of them, though,and I appreciated the offer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback! We will use the information that you provided to us, as a training opportunity. I'm glad the the issues were addressed and hope that you will come back again soon.