“Loved it!”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great location, at Jetty stop, short walk to the beach.
Great staff, bent over backwards to help, and answer questions.
Entire place had a clean pleasant smell.
Room was clean, Great coffee, Great TV., internet, free.
Coffee in lobby, in the morning, and popcorn, cookies, fruit, and water the rest of the time.
Breakfast was good, although the omelet guy could use some new pans!!!!
Beds were comfortable, and clean. thermostat worked fine, was quiet as well.
The only negative was $12.00 valet parking. We parked on the street, at a broken meter, but all around there were $5.00 parking lots. Resorts has unlimited parking for $5.00, until you move, and it is a couple of minute walk.
We would go back in a heartbeat. Got Marriott points, and it was very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: we had a view, but the area is not great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dutchgirl57
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are thrilled that you liked the hotel and our staff! We hope that you'll return very soon. Summer is here and it's time to come back to the Jersey Shore!
----Hugh

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a brief 2-night trip to Atlantic City in early June. We looked at hotel reviews and decided on the Courtyard Marriott even though it's not on the boardwalk. Part of the decision was based on the fact that it's a non-smoking facility. We had made advance reservations and when we checked in, we asked for a room in a higher floor, which was easily accommodated. The room and hotel were clean and the staff was very helpful. There is no casino in this hotel but it's only a one block walk to the boardwalk and near many of the attractions. The hotel offers a decent breakfast buffet, either full breakfast or continental at a reasonable price. Valet parking is $12 per day. All in all, it was a comfortable, quiet, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor and it was very quiet. Had a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for taking time to leave feedback! We really appreciate it. I'm very happy to hear that you liked our hotel and staff. Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for a(nother) hockey tourney. It's off the boardwalk, so a block or to walk to get to ocean. Neighborhood looks sketchy, but as a single male wandering around, no issues. Checked in early with no problems. Plenty of space to hang by hockey equipment, which normally stinks up a room, but this time it tempered the disgusting coconut smell. Was this air fresher ear or a pas travelers sun screen? I'll never know, but hockey gear stink helped.

Room was clean. A/C was great nice and cold. I had no problems with it, despite being very busy summer weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scooter12309

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad that you liked our hotel.
I'll take a look at the coconut smell that you mentioned as well.
We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you'll come see us again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

After I checked in checked in I had several problems.
Rate for valet parking was different than was on my confirmation
I had to go to my room to get PROOF of the valet price I was told
Room was dirty - someone used the bathroom and it was not cleaned
New room had a problem with the door - it did not close properly

These problems were addressed and were resolved - except for the door issue. I did not complain about it. I felt as if I was "complaining" too much.

Management did contact me and offered free Marriott Rewards.I declined. It was very nice of them, though,and I appreciated the offer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback! We will use the information that you provided to us, as a training opportunity. I'm glad the the issues were addressed and hope that you will come back again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed for the weekend with my children while we were attending a cheer competition. The room rates were reasonable for AC, and the hotel is very clean (no bed bugs!!!!) The staff was very friendly, parking was convenient, and the breakfast was very good. The rooms were a decent size and the beds were extremely comfortable. It's conveniently located near the convention center (we drove because the weather wasn't so great, but it's not a bad walk.) There's a great little restaurant (Atlantic City Bar and Grill) directly across the street from the hotel (good food - decent prices). Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for the great review! Hope that you'll be back soon.
---Hugh

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife & me decide to travel for the Memorial Day weekend and we request for a room in the upper floors; they told us upon arrival, that the highest floors wasn't available; only in the 3rd. floor, but that doesn't affect us. The hotel has everything we wish: it's clean, well-located, convenient and with a courteous personnel. But one thing made our little trip a little embarrassing: the air conditioner inside the room. We set the thermostat to 60 F (the lowest) and the fan in auto. We went out and when we back, after a few hours of sightseeing, only cools a little bit. The next day the air doesn't cool the room. That's why the reason that we give this hotel only four points. The rest? GREAT! We'll definitely come back in this summer, but we hope that they solve that little mishap with the air conditioner.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the review! I'm glad to hear that you liked the hotel.
We'll also take a look at that air conditioner. :)
Please return soon.
----Hugh

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great rooms.
Great location, 5 mins walk from boardwalk and other casinos
$12 parking per night
Breakfast was not included in my package else; would recommend having it some place else as it wasn't great
Excellent place and good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm very happy to hear that you liked our hotel. Summer is around the corner, please come back and visit again soon!