All reviews valet parking courtyard marriott front desk casino hotels room was clean would stay here again short walk per day two blocks valet staff trump taj high floor lobby area board walk steel pier this past weekend nice stay
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We are Marriott Reward customers and stayed at the Courtyard Atlantic City since it was rated Number 1 on Tripadvisor. It is a terrible hotel and is not up to Marriott standards at all. We asked for a room on a higher floor and they refused to put us on a high floor and put us on the 10th floor when they had plenty of rooms on higher floors since the hotel was not full. Also the room was so dusty that I had a bad asthmatic attack shortly after we checked into the room. Also the internet in the room is wired, no wireless internet in rooms.

The front desk clerk Nishi also sent us to a recommended restaurant that was closed so we spent 20 minutes walking to a closed restaurant. The Marriott buffet breakfast was okay but cost $11. A warning about the shower: The temperature suddenly gets boiling hot in the shower several times so be very careful not to burn yourself as we did. The hotel is in a very bad neighboorhood and I would not walk alone at night here. Also the hotel is far from boardwalk activities and is not in a central location. Bad Hotel. Our last night in the hotel was so noisy at 1 am that we had to call the front desk to complain about loud partying neighbors. Last time we stayed at the Wyndham and we were very happy at the Wyndham nearby.

Room tip: Get a room above 14th floor oceanview.
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank JasStorrs_CT
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My friend and I were staying at this hotel Fri June 3 and Sat June 4. We didn't need our room to be cleaner except when we left in the afternoon we asked for clean towels. We came back late afternoon and they weren't there. We called and the hotel staff member said we have to call after 5:30 since there is no once that can give us towels. We stopped by lobby again on our way to dinner asking for towels. When we came back we mentioned it AGAIN! We had no choice to re-use our old towels that were on the floor Sun morning. When we checked out we explained the situation and the hotel staff member said we have towels back here not sure why they didn't give you any when you were at the lobby. I asked to speak to a manager, which took about 5-10 minutes. All the manager, Isabella Herold, said was I am sorry. She was not sympathetic and did nothing when we explained the situation. She acted like she could care less. I paid a lot of money for this hotel, which doesn't treat their guests with respect. I still can't believe we were ignored 5 times and blown off by the manager. Don't stay here you can get better quality service elsewhere and this place was far from the boardwalk!!!

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
8  Thank LibLib
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Its pretty bad when a travelor gets excited about a hotel because there are no bed bugs! He's right there were no bed bugs but this hotel falls well below Mariott brand expectation.

The location was blocks from the main strip and blocks from the beach. I am not lazy and enjoy walking but all around this hotel were vacant/parking lots, run down buildings, fast cash stores and homeless people. Even though the hotel manager tried to tell us it was safe, there was a warning in the key envelope about breakins in the cars.

The hotel did not have a pool only a jacuzzi with jets that were spraying at full force all over the place. The room did not have a bathtub or proper closet (the cabinet provided instead was not big enough). They provided foam cups - not glass - very bad for the environment and not what you expect for a Mariott.

The porter staff were excellent and very helpful but apart from that, The hotel amenities location and room failed to meet the expectation of the Mariott brand.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
9  Thank igottasay
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I recently had the pleasure to stay at this gem of a hotel near the boardwalk, casinos, excellent restaurants and shopping. Recently renovated, the hotel had all the markings of a great Marriott, including the comfy bedding. The staff were personable and always helpful. The breakfast buffet was superior with warm and congenial waitstaff. The rooms offer great city and waterviews. If you plan on going to Atlantic City - this is your place!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank malonjo
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Hey, just wanted to say thank you to Courtyard Marriott for a wonderful stay in Atlantic City last Saturday night. I was deathly afraid of the bedbug issue but, I'm glad to say that at least my room, room 508, had none. Room was of good size with two queen beds, bathroom nice and clean, wireless internet was not available on my floor necessarily but, was available and free in the lobby. Location is very good, only about a block off the boardwalk. Couldn't sleep so I went downstairs in the middle of the night to grab some nuts and a soda from their lobby minimart or whatever they call it. Do not hesitate to book, rates for Saturday nights may be inflated ahead of time though, got it for $275 from hotels.com when I checked the day of my arrival.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends