“Disappointed”
Review of Phillips Seafood

Phillips Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Phillips Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 406 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Phillips Seafood brings guests a classic American seafood menu boasting an array of fresh seasonal fish and Phillips' famous Maryland-style crab cakes. Beautiful dining rooms, romantic booths and a full bar create the perfect environment to dine on the freshest, finest seafood available. Located on Level 3 of The Playground Pier at Caesars, Phillips brings an upscale, interactive dining experience to guests with our exhibition kitchen, attentive service and sweeping ocean views.
Richboro, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

First it;s in the Pier Shops so it has a good location. I love seafood so I was looking forward to my birthday dinner. I ordered a glass of wine and prepared for a tasty meal. it was a waste of money. My husband ordered crab cakes with "were the size of a dime". I don't remember what I ordered but was still hungry after spending alot of money. I would NOT go there again .
It 's not worth what you are going to pay. Not worth their reputation .

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Dbrookepa

• Finnish first
Jersey Shore
“Great location!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located in the Pier Shops makes this restaurant more appealing. It's a bit pricey, but the seafood is fresh. They have daily specials. Lighting is too dim to read the menu.

Visited August 2012
new haven, connecticut
“Average dining”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Listen, I'm from Connecticut and a HUGE seafood lover. I have eaten seafood from the southern tip of Florida all the way to Maine and points in between. My friend who is from NYC raved about this place. So this past weekend while in-town to watch an HBO boxing match at Boardwalk Hall I decided to try it out. Not impressed.

Pros: Great drinks, solid service, no wait time, great appetizers and close to everything.

Cons: I ordered the seafood platter (typical lead dish at any seafood establishment ordered by most folks right?). It came with some fries, a large ball of a crab cake, coleslaw, a few shrimp and two pieces of fried tilapia. I'll make this short and simple. I thought I was eating at Long John Silver's...the seafood was fried too hard. I have never seen fried Tilapia...it was fried too hard to a dark golden brown color and had no taste. The coleslaw was forgettable. The crab cake WAS delicious and the best part of the meal sad to say. I had a strawberry-lemonade spiked and it was wonderful. I also ordered a mudslide and it was the best one I have ever had (I love mudslides and always order them).

My wife had a shrimp dinner and her opinion was the same. Not very tasty and fried too hard. The price for my plate was a cool $32 bucks for what I felt was a fast-food meal. Maybe we caught the place on a bad night but my friend and his wife seemed to love it. Or maybe they don't know what real seafood "eaten" is (try the Nordic Lodge in R.I.). Anywho, in the end..it's an edible place to go to but for the price I would not suggest it. If their prices were reasonable I would have given the place a better rating. Unfortunately it was an average experience.

• Visited November 2012
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went in for dinner - Service was POOR !!! Sat at the bar and the place was almost empty, but took 10 minutes to get waited on: 3 bartenders stood around talking !!! Started with clams casino: $11, got 6 clams the size of quarters !!! Dry & VERY salty !!! Tried the shrimp coctail: $15: got 5 medium shrimp, MUSHY !!! Decided to quit so I went elsewhere !! Don't you waste you time or money !!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank PEIGOLFER
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“soaking wet stuffed mushrooms”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only ordered an appetizer. My wife had "eh" soup and I received the soaking wet crab meat stuffed mushrooms. They were gross and had a dirty dishwater taste. Soggy and inedible.

Visited October 2012