“Mostly bad food, average service, dirty restaurant, good atmosphere”
Review of Mediterranean Flames - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mediterranean Flames
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our initial impression was positive - the atmosphere is bright, has either a great outdoor patio right on the boardwalk or an indoor, air conditioned dining room. Lots of windows, and lots of people milling about.

We were seated at a table with food stains on the tablecloth, and the carpet clearly had not been vacuumed or swept since the restaurant opened that day. The waitress, who was clearly busy, seemed very flustered, and between that and English obviously not being her first language, the order had to be repeated several times.

My soda was very flat and old tasting. I had her bring it back and bring another, which was only a modicum better. My soda and my wife's tea were each over $3 for a tall, thin glass, and refills are not free.

We split the expensive appetizer sampler. The dolma was average (and I LOVE dolma). The hummus was very good. Everything else on the plate was below average to bad. For an entree, we split an incredibly sweet shrimp and scallop dish. The 4 shrimp and 3 scallops tasted fresh enough, but the sauce was SO sweet, the taste of the seafood was completely overwhelmed. We ate the seafood and a few bites of the pasta it was served on, but could not eat the rest because of the heavy handed sauce.

The bill for one appetizer, one entree, and two drinks (with one refill) was nearly $70 - for a below average lunch in a dirty restaurant. Flames is a disappointment which we will neither revisit, nor recommend.

4  Thank Kingsley911
There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Flames

Reviewed July 29, 2011

the food seemed to be prepared hours before...less than ordfinary and not fresh. I second the reviewer stating that food tasted like vomit. For the price go somewhere else.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Great food and amazing ambiance!
My husband and I decided to try this restaurant out on a busy saturday night, one hour wait.
We decided to sit outside, what a beatiful outdoor sitting area they have with there tiki tables and white sofas. My husband had the NY strip steak dinner and I had the Mediterranean sampler with the hummus. It was delicious, temperature of the steak was perfectly cooked.
Our server was so polite and personable, we loved her.
This restaurant was such a beautiful experience! We love Flames! see you soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

good food, polite service, pleasant setting. not cheap.

1  Thank chrisMiddlengland
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Food was disgusting,looked like puke and tasted accordingly.I would not feed a dog with this italian sausage,pasta was raw and sticky,seafood was drowning in a bowl of garbage smelling sauce,Ramsey would have a field day there and we were charged a lot for this garbage -a bit higher-and they will level with Morton's.One not suppose to eat such "food' even if the establishment will pay HIM.We did not say a word, tipped the waitress(not her fault- you know) and went straight home.May be we should-but evening was spoiled and we did not want any more aggravation.