“Stay somewhere else”

Best Western Envoy Inn
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I really wish I would have stayed somewhere else. I reserved a king jacuzzi suite. The room was very dated. It had a rather small tv that was about 20 feet from the bed. The jacuzzi tub wasn't cleaned and when I filled it up and turned it on, hair and what appeared to be scabs were floating in the water. Needless to say I won't be back. Very overpriced and hotel isn't located in the best part of town either.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed at the Envoy Inn in August and not only did I find bed bugs in my room (which I put one in a cup and took to the front desk) but I also ended up finding them in my car on the way home. My girlfriend and I both had red welts on our legs from them biting. I ended up paying almost $90 to clean out my car, clean everything that was in the hotel room and for a mattress protector to make sure that I didn't infest my home with the bugs. I first tried to contact the hotel about the issue in September, and they directed me to Priceline, through which I booked my hotel. Priceline informed me then that the hotel manager would be the one to refund me and that they had to speak with them. Priceline left several messages on the answering machine for the manager over a period of 4 and a half months. Finally today, I called the hotel and got ahold of this manager. He was EXTREMELY rude to me, questioning why I was just now calling, as if Priceline and myself hadn't called already, and then told me he would refund me $50. I have to say this was the BIGGEST waste of money and time. I would have rather slept in my car, or better yet, not even gone on vacation for all the hastle that I dealt with. It was the worst vacation ever.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amber j

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We took a trip to Atlantic City this past weekend. 2/17 - 2/20. We stayed at thie Best Western on the strip because it was alot cheaper then staying in the casino hotels. While reading this review keep in mind AC isn't the cleanest / nicest of places as it is. The hotel is just about in the middle of the strip. It's a few blocks walk to the Taj Mahal, Showboat, Mardi Gras casinos but not bad at all. There is a Jitney stop right outside hotel which makes it easy to get anywhere you want. The rooms was clean, just a little outdated. People were nice and the parking was free. The breakfast was just what we needed in the morning. Cereal, coffee, fruit, waffles, bagels, etc. The hotel was a place for us to sleep, other then that we were out and about. Great choice for a group of guys / girls going down to have a good time and not spend an arm and a leg on the hotel. Overall - average hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Majestic500
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This BW needs a update!!!! I stayed at the BW in Minnesota last week so I knew that they all have to be a 10. Nope, the beds are HARD!. Had to ask for more linen cause the ones in room had someone elses hair on it. (We recieved them quickly). Linen needs to be replaced no fluff. Cigarette hole in top comforter. I was sitting on foot of bed boyfriend came and sat next to me and top of bed moved. The continental breaksfast was fair only Lipton tea available. Will not be staying there again. Pictures on site must have been taken when BW first opened picture of front desk and there's a tv, on the screen is the security system of building. Do I want to see that as a customer?

I do have to say that the staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2011

we stayed here one night june 2011, it was a nice place to stay. clean rooms all the staff was friendly. other reviews say dont go out at night but we had no problems going out at night, walked to casino at midnight, no one bothered us. very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: nice place to stay
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed over night on a Saturday night at this Best Western and honestly I was a little skeptical based on some of the reviews I read. Let's start by saying I paid half the price of one of what the AC casinos we're charging to stay over night which was a definite plus. The rooms could use some updating but honestly were not that bad. Rooms have a 27" flat screen TV with cable, a microwave and decent size refrigerator & a security safe. Bathroom was a decent size and believe it or not the beds were pretty comfortable. If I go to AC again on a weekend I would definitely look into staying here again. The only down side is parking is tight if you don't get a space in the open lot but other than that it's not too bad.

• Stayed October 2011
13 Thank Shawn L
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Came here for a convention, elected to stay at Best Western Envoy bc of location to Civic Center, Board Walk, etc. Poor experience. Hotel smelled old and musty, and it reeked of cigarette smoke. Bed was sunken, uncomfortable. Fought the sheets all night long....The mattress cover and fitted sheet LITERALLY came off if you turned over one time. We woke up several times to re-make the bed. Cancelled our third night and was refunded $195. Went to Best Western Extended Stay in Pleasantville, about 10 miles away, and had a wonderful experience. Clean. Spacious room. Comfortable bed. Saved $80!

Room Tip: Check with Trip Advisor! We didn't!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business