“Horrible”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Philadelphia
“Horrible”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Besides the mediocre food, the service was the horrible. We were never asked how the food was, never asked if we wanted another drink, never refilled our water and worst of all, our waiter disappeared for 45 minutes then came back without an apology, just a check.

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything was as it should be”
Reviewed May 15, 2009

The hostess, the service, the timing, the taste. Everything worked at Polistina's. We dined during the week, I believe on Tuesday, not too busy. They started us off with some wonderful bread, butter, sun dried tomato pesto, chunks of extraordinary parmesan and italian olives and pepperoni. I had a special which included a creamy mushroom soup, vodka pasta, gorgonzola crusted filet with roasted potatoes and a glass of wine, followed by a cheesecake with wonderful lemon zest and smooth chocolate ice cream. My wife had the handmade pasta with meatballs in a marinara sauce. We shared, and we loved every bit of it. What a treat.

NY
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I had reservations for a party of 12 booked a month in advance for my birthday and spoke to a hostess at the restaurant. When I arrived I was told my name was not in the system and instead of fighting with me for a table the host asked me to leave his restaurant. I have never been more disgusted with service in my life and plan on making a huge complaint.

ct
“Good place!”
Reviewed October 30, 2007

went to Polistino's in Harrah's on Saturday night... was told when calling for reservation that they only 8:30 available. were talking to bartender and she said they do that on purpose and even tell walk-in's there is an hour wait, when there are in fact at least 10 open tables. good food, fried calamari = above average... very tender. $30 veal was able to cut with a fork, no pasta for side, had to add-on. Ala vodka was watery but tasty. wine list very expensive not too extensive. service was excellent, bread was warm and very good.

Go see RALPH at the bar just below the restaurant, Sapphire Bar, I believe. Ralph is amazing!! makes the best drinks and when ordering a martini he leaves the shaker and refills your glass with the extra, didn't see any of the other bartenders do that. Got at least 1 more full drink out of it after refilling twice when glass was half gone.

Harrah's was very nice hotel, actually we were impressed. Machines were tight, tables were expensive, $15 minimum and they didn't have them all open. Even Monday morning, they would rather keep all closed but one game each and have a $15 minimum. Didn't win at all when played, didn't even see anyone else win. went to borgata before coming home and better atmosphere and dealers and won back $$$!!!