“Open 24 Hours and Good Food”
Review of 24 Central Cafe - CLOSED

24 Central Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Akron, Pennsylvania
“Open 24 Hours and Good Food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arrived at the Trump Plaza Hotel late Friday night without having eaten supper so we hit this restaurant right away. We were pleasantly surprised by the food and the decor was pretty and updated.

Visited May 2013

Manville, New Jersey
“Blah”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had late night dinner here on a Saturday evening. The service was good, but the food truly was average, which was an even greater disappointment after waiting at least 30-40 minutes to receive it and that was after waiting about 40 minutes in line to get seated (this was due to a concert just ending and everyone having the same idea I guess about grabbing a bite to eat close to the venue so I don't blame the restaurant for this). I don't know if they were short-staffed in the kitchen or what to explain the delay in getting the food because the restaurant did have some empty tables by the time we were seated so I don't think they were behind in the kitchen due to having a full house to cook for, but who knows?!

All in my party said the same about their food, average. Between us we had salad, chicken, and burgers and none of the meals were a home run unfortunately. We settled on this place because it was late and the only thing open in the Trump Plaza where you could get a meal so we went for the convenience factor (they were open 24 hours), but given a choice next time I won't return.

• Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“upscale diner”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

the food was average a little pricey for the quality of the food. Service was not what I expected. Wouldn't say it was the worst place I ate but it definitely not in my top 10

Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“SLOW Service, food okay”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Service was crazy slow and food served the purpose given the 4:00am timing...nothing to write home about...

Visited January 2013
Pennsylvania
“Just okay...”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I received a voucher for $25 to be used in a restaurant within the casino. I thought, how bad could it be. Well the food wasn't bad at all. I had the salmon (it was a good sized piece that I didn't even finish) and my husband had the roast turkey platter (he said it was good)...the rolls that we got beforehand were hot on the outside and cold in the middle...the place is in serious need of a major cleaning. The lights were dusty (I was hoping that the dust wouldn't fall into my food), the carpet dirty, it makes you wonder what the kitchen looks like. Our waiter was very nice, he kept filling our iced tea and soda glasses (which was a good thing, because an iced tea is $3.00 and a soda is $3.50). We won't go back there since there are so many restaurants in the area.

• Visited September 2012