“overall very good, a few drawbacks”

The Palm Atlantic City
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Atlantic City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 395 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Iowa and Pacific Avenues
Princeton, New Jersey
“overall very good, a few drawbacks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Martinis, Oysters, steak and lobster were all very good. I should stop there. Valet parking is through the Tropicana, which is awful. 45 minutes to retrieve car. Parking was not validated, didn't remember, no one offered. There are a number of very good steakhouses in AC. This ranks in the pack, very good, but not the best. Service was adequate but not top notch that evening. Had a problem previous visit; they should have offered a comp app. $150 a person with a moderate wine is expensive; everything should be 100%.

1 Thank Randy J

New Jersey
“Happy Birthday Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Made reservations online through Open Table for Monday night 3/10. I noted in my reservation request that it was a special birthday meal. We were seated immediately then again it was not packed. I found the bread underwhelming. For appetizers we had the beef tenderloin and lobster bisque. My boyfriend had the bone in rib eye which was juicy and flavorful, with three cheese potatoes au gratin. I had the chicken parmagiana which covered my entire plate! I wish the server had of told me this beforehand, I would have forfeit one of those appetizers. I had a small cesar salad which was delicious. Everything was well prepared. My only thing was that the wait staff kept wanting to take my plate before I was done eating. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate an attentive wait staff but I don't want to keep saying “No, I am not finished”. Even though they got his name wrong, they remembered my reservation notes and sang Happy Birthday to my boyfriend with ice cream and a candle. That was a nice thought. I feel like we got much more food here for less vs. some other steak houses we have tried in AC,

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Camille418
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Good food, but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

A group of 6 visited Palm for Atlantic City Restaurant week. The food was well prepared and the portions were generous and the service was top notch. There were drawbacks.
The usual restaraunt week deals are all inclusive. At the Palm, the entree came with no sides and sides were needed. The usual, high priced steak house tab was involved.
The real problem however, was the noise. The place was full,and the room has no feature that would absorb or deflect sounds. In addition there was a very rowdy table and no attempt was made to control their behavior. As a result, the tumult was so bad that there was no way that we could carry on any semblance of a conversation. We will not hurry back

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank sjl08203
Staten Island, New York
“Consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I usually eat at this palms, but I have eaten on west 50th, Orlando and AC. My experiences have been very positive. My steak is great time after time , the staff is friendly and the side are great. The thing is you are spending a lot of money, if you get sticker shock this place is not for you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sick as a dog after spending 200 dollars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Well here we go got put through to a answer machine to tell them how sick Iwas and as a chef just want to know that 200 dollars later I got sick as a dog I very disappoint that you have talk to a machine I would think twice before I go back !!!!!!'
Also why does nobody answer the phone I thought that was very rude half n hour later still no phone call

1 Thank Marisa P