“Ive been to better Ruth's Chris”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 406 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arkansas and Atlantic Avenue
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I understand it was restaurant week but not everyone there was ordering off of the special menu. I don't know if it was just popular that weekend but we had 9pm reservations and it took 2.5 hours for us to leave. The food took forever, ther servers were slow the floor was decent not the best i've had.

Our server was not attentive he would leave us for 20mins and not pay attention or mention/notice that we needed refills.

Altough we were only visiting the area (thank goodness) i would not go back if i was in AC. We did not leave dinner until 1130PM.....We missed a show we were planning on seeing all bc our food was too slow to come out.

PS, not a family place there are various tables with men on dates they have "paid for".

1  Thank FFXTravelers
There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went during restaurant week and looked forward to the experience. Our biggest complaint was the service. Our waitress had six or seven tables. We waited 10-15 minutes for the salad plates to be cleared. I waited 10 minutes for my credit card to be picked up once I got the bill. Meanwhile we noticed at least two waitstaff standing around waiting for their tables to need service. The manager visited our table twice, but did very little to help his people. The salad was acceptable; the steak was tasty but a little dry, and the desserts were good. Given the reputation of Ruth's Chris we expected more.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

On March 7th my wife and I and another couple dined here. The Atlantic City special did not include any sides. Having dined there previously we all ordered the special thin fries which have been a favorite. Unfortunately the waiter ordered the wrong fries and when we complained he changed the order but the correct fries arrived when our entrees were done. The filets came on a plate with nothing else not even any garnish. I realize that the special prices were lower than usual but this cheap presentation left a poor impression. The filels were delicious and properly cooked as ordered. Appetizers were good as were the deserts. When the bill arrived we were charged for both the late fries as well as the wrong fries. The waiter explained that we were not charged for the coffee to make up for the wrong charge All in all I would not hurry back to dine here. Very disappointing for a supposedly first class and expensive restaurant.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Was told to take me hat off upon entering. That's when I knew I was entering a good spot. 5 star service, great food, good prices.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

As a big fan of Trip Advisor i feel obligated to share our recent experience at RC. My wife and i have a soft spot for this place as we frequented many RC 's in many different states while we were dating . Unfortunately for this Valentines day visit we came away a bit unimpressed.

The menu was limited due to Valentines day, the service was slow , prices seemed higher and the valet parking was overwhelmed and under staffed. The food was good but the combo of everything else was a bummer for us. No peppercorn sauce because of Valentines Day?

2 appetizers 2 drinks and 2 dinners with 2 deserts , and 18 percent tip totaled 220 bucks . If we're going to spend that kind of dough I expect much better than just an ok experience .