“Health inspector??”

Back Bay Ale House
Ranked #47 of 406 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Back Bay has been open in AC since 2003. We pride ourselves on great service, delicious food and fantastic atmosphere and views. In the warmer months we feature outside dining and bar. We are the home of the Basin Mason, a 32oz mason jar beverage. We have a large variety of craft beers. Nightly on our upstairs deck we do a sunset toast to say goodbye to the daylight :)
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Health inspector??”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We waited 40 minutes for a table. The hostess was nice enough to call us so that we could walk our son around to see the boats. Once our waitress finally got to the table and took our order she brought back our sodas, after taking a sip our son discovered ants in his Pepsi. HOW GROSS!! When we informed the waitress her exact reaction was oh no not again. I'm so sorry I forgot to check. REALLY? If it weren't for the fact that we were famished from waiting and there was only some other kind of food truck picnic area we would have left immediately. This place says it is family friendly but do not be fooled. The drunk, swearing, stumbling, spitting patrons at the bar were like culture shock for my son. But I guess that's where the big money comes from. Shame on you Backbay. Never again

• Visited July 2013

Northfield, New Jersey
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Even though it was 90 degrees, we decided to dock our boat at the Back Bay Ale House and sit outside on the upper deck for lunch. Our server was excellent and the food was exceptional. The clam and conch soup was very good and so was the blue cheese chicken sandwich. Can't wait to go back so I can have more!

• Visited July 2013
Little Falls
“Average”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

After Visiting AC Aquarium we decided to get something to eat. This place was in the neighborhood, so we went there. Food was tasty, but they were out of fish, not only the one we wanted but our second choice as well. It was Friday afternoon, a little bit disappointing. Service was OK, although a little longer wait. Just an average late lunch...

Visited July 2013
Dalton, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service!!!! Great Food!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had planned on going to this resturant for awhile and we were soooo disappionted once we got there!! The hostess was great and got us a table quickly and even called us on our cell so we could walk the shops. Once we sat down it took a good ten minutes for our waitress to come and get our drink orders (by the way it was HOTT). Another ten/fifteen minutes went by for her to bring back our drinks but not our sons!( whos only 4) then she came back to take our food order and still no drink!

After awhile his drink finally came out!! We kept watching her go back and forth to a table that kept ordering alcohal (figures). Our food took a long time to come out as well but once it did it was brought out by another person not our waitress. She stopped by hortly after to ask how our food was and my husband expressed he didnt liked his and she said ok and walked away. Really?? Then we never saw her again!! We finished our food, never got refills on drinks, sat there for a good fifteen minutes after eating and then asked a different waitress to bring our bill and a box for our food. We asked her to charge one amount on a credit card and take one amount out of cash we provided. Well they messed that up as well!!! Then she cleared our table when she bought those items back.

Yes my son and I's food was good but our experience was awful!! We will not return and urge people with familys (not drinking) to find somewhere else until they train better!!

Visited July 2013
backbayalehouse, Owner at Back Bay Ale House, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Amy,

I am so sorry you didn't have a great experience at Back Bay Ale House. As you can see we received the 2013 Award of Excellence for TripAdvisor and I pride myself in having one of the top AC restaurants!

I am disappointed in the service you received and will print out your review and post for my whole staff to see. Hopefully they will learn a valuable lesson in service and that bad service is not tolerated by guests or owners.

I hope you will give us another shot, if you could send me an email with your contact infomation I would like to make things better for you and offer you a meal for you and your family on the house.

Again, I am so sorry for your unpleasant experience.... I'm hoping that the heat just temo\porarily fried one of my servers brains....

Jane Williams
Owner
Upstate, NY
“Skip this”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Loved the ambiance of being on the bay, outside on a nice day.
Wanted to go to the highly rated SCALES restaurant across the street but settled on Ale House b/c SCALES was closed for structural damage from Sandy.

The Back Bay Ale House "famous" seafood bisque was not even finished. A first for my partner not to finish her favorite type of soup. My fish tacos were just ok. I can make better at home.The shrimp tacos were just ok. Quality of shrimp was sub par.
It was ok for a cheap lunch but don't expect much.

Visited June 2013