“great place”
Review of Back Bay Ale House

Back Bay Ale House
Ranked #56 of 396 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Back Bay has been open in AC since 2003. We pride ourselves on great service, delicious food and fantastic atmosphere and views. In the warmer months we feature outside dining and bar. We are the home of the Basin Mason, a 32oz mason jar beverage. We have a large variety of craft beers. Nightly on our upstairs deck we do a sunset toast to say goodbye to the daylight :)
upstae ny
“great place”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a great little lunch here. Nice bar and cool stuff on the walls. The Basin Masons are a must. I had the Bob Marley and my girlfriend had the Margarita. We had some chix tenders and fries. got to get fries with seasoning on them.

Visited March 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Service and Price”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Back Bay Ale House was off the beaten path, which I like. I'm sure in the spring and summer it's a bit more vibrant. The service was great. The prices were reasonable. The food was a bit greasy - but that's simply the type of food it was - we knew that going into it. Would definitely go again!

Visited February 2013
Saint-Denis, France
“quaint.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Its a cute, nice place. Its quite small though. But everyone was nice. They have a large chalkboard menu out front with the specials. When I say LARGE menu board...its like SCHOOL HOUSE LARGE!

Visited May 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Favorite Summer hangout”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Love going to this place by boat in the summers the food is great and the drinks are awesome. The mason jar drinks are the best! I have never had bad meal here everything I have ever had is excellent. Love the buffalo shrimp, and jerk wings. we usually go with about 6 to 15 people and have never has any problems. the outside seating is our favorite since we can bring our dogs with us.Best place in AC in my opinion.we usually travel about 45min to get there. Love it

• Visited June 2012
New Jersey
“Combo of service, food and atmosphere make this a 5 star rating!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I had some time to kill after dropping our daughter off at the ice rink. We were looking for a place outside of the casinos to grab a bite to eat and decided to give Back Bay Ale House a try. We went on a Saturday evening and although there were a few people downstairs at the bar, the upstairs was empty, which was very nice for us to have an intimate meal. Here's the breakdown:

Location: In Gardner's Basin; usually packed in the summer but a great time to go off season. They will be closing at the end of December for 6 weeks.

Service: The young lady was very knowledgeable about the menu and made great suggestions. I took all of her suggestions and was very pleased.

Food/Drinks: I had a drink in the mason jar; didn't realize it was that big so I was tipsy after finishing it (yes I finished it!!). We ordered the Jamaican jerk wings as an appetizer and they were SOOO good! The JuJu sauce was very good. My husband had a steak and I got the buffalo shrimp and crab potato skins. YUM!

This place is definitely a hidden gem. Glad we got to experience this wonderful place; can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012
backbayalehouse, Owner at Back Bay Ale House, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review!!! You chose one of my personal favorites, the Jerk Wings! So glad u had a nice time and hoping the tipsy didn't cause too much damage!!! Hope to see you again, we reopen around valentines day!!